Battlefield

"So this sword, do you know what it looks like?" Katherine asked. She felt a lot better after consuming just a few drops of Aliza's blood. All her hunger, thirst, tiredness, even her anger, and frustration just seemed to disappear into thin air.

"Yeah," Aliza said while frowning at the small wound on her finger, "It's supposed to have a gold-colored handle,"

Aliza glanced around and stepped towards the stone wall on her right and began pushing it with her palms.

"What are you doing?" Katherine inquired.

She walked back to where her bag was dumped and pulled the can of spray paint and a book.

"There is something called the 'Warrior symbol'. I just have to paint it on the ground and chant a spell. I guess it will help me find that sword." Aliza mumbled, flipping the pages of the book. A guy named Alaric had informed her dad that only she could use the spell and symbol.

"Here it is."

"Give that to me," Katherine said, taking the book and the can of spray paint from her hands. She kneeled on the ground and started painting the symbol.

"Thanks," Aliza said while taking the candles and a lighter out of the bag, passing them to Katherine.

She pulled the paper out of her pocket and began practicing the spell in her mind.

"Done."

"You managed to draw a perfect circle?" She awed, staring at the symbol. It was a circle in which an inverted triangle was drawn and in that triangle was painted something that closely resembled fire. The three candles were placed on the ends of the triangle, Katherine lighting them with the help of the lighter.

"I have a bit of practice." She shrugged and got up, stepping away from Aliza. She had no desire to get blown across the tomb.

Aliza closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths, and stood in front of the symbol.

This was finally happening and after this, she was going to return to her life and would never think about the Mikaelsons or the people at the Forbes Boarding school.

"You okay?" Kathrine asked.

She opened her eyes and nodded, "Ye-yeah. Just a bad case of jitters."

Aliza exhaled and began chanting the spell with her eyes closed.

Et huc ad hoc pertinet gladius dic mihi unde sit.

Katherine raised her eyebrows when the symbol began to shine every time Aliza was chanting the spell.

A golden-white light glowing over the red paint.

The temperature began to rise with every word and the ground below the symbol began to crack, making its way towards the wall ahead. The sound of the ground cracking echoed inside the tomb.

Aliza opened her eyes to see a hole at the bottom of the wall.

She took a deep breath and made her way past the crack. Crouching down, Aliza began throwing away the pieces of stone. She reached her hand out, pushing it inside the whole.

A rough fabric came in contact with the skin of her palm.

She scrunched her nose when she pulled out an old long jute bag that was tainted with dirt and dust. She pushed the pebbles away, glancing back at Katherine who gestured to her to continue.

"Woah," Aliza marveled when she pulled the sword out of the bag.

Despite being inside the wall for, as the books suggested, centuries. The sword had not lost its shine, she could see her reflection on the narrow flat blade that twinkled as the warm orange sunlight graced over it. The handle was pure gold with a lion's face carved on it, gleaming with pride and staring back at Aliza.