A Lie

"Why did you do it?"

Kol lifted his head to look at the door. It was morning and he was packing his bag since they all were leaving in a few minutes. He had not seen Aliza since the previous night given that she refused to talk to anyone.

Rebekah had been distant towards him, he figured it would only last for a couple of months. Klaus had not said a word to Kol while Elijah was busy with his own misery, judging by the exhausted look on his elder brother's face.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kol mumbled before continuing to stuff his clothes in the bag and zipping it close.

Bonnie shook her head and further walked into the room.

"I saw you," She said, her voice low, "I heard what you said to Aliza when she was sleeping."

"So you were following me?" He asked in a casual tone.

"This is not a joke. Why all this time you act like you didn't care about her?"

"Because-" Kol snapped but took a deep breath before continuing, "Nevermind. What's done is done."

Bonnie sighed and said, "And that is what I'm trying to understand. Why?"

Her eyes widened with concern when she saw Kol's pain-filled eyes. It was hard to miss, the way his shoulders slumped and he ran a hand through his hair, a loud exhale escaping his mouth like he was trying to keep it together.

"I can't," He said, "I-I can't let this happen, Bonnie."

"Tell me what happened," She insisted with a soft tone as she came to stand in front of him.

"After I was killed by your friends, I was resurrected in a mortal body by my mother. And I met a girl," He smiled a little, "Davina. She was amazing. Charming, beautiful, strong, and just amazing,

But I guess I should have stayed away because, in the end, I lost her in a way I could never imagine."

"Tell me," She insisted.

"I killed her." He confessed, "As if that was not enough Freya and Elijah sacrificed her soul to the ancestors, and even though she has found peace. I can never forgive myself for putting her through all this,"

"It wasn't your fault,"

Kol shook his head and said, "Aliza deserves better. Yes, I hated her because she is Finn's daughter but I realized that she is destined for greater things, and being a part of this, us being a part of her life will never do her any good."

He smiled down at Bonnie, "I can say the same for you,"

Kol tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and leaned forward to press his lips against her forehead. She closed her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Goodbye, darling,"

Bonnie opened her eyes to find herself standing alone in the room that somehow felt colder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the fight with her mom, Aliza refused to talk to anyone about any of this. She felt betrayed, wondering what else was hidden from her.

All this time she was the only person that didn't know what was truly happening. It was her life, it should be her choice too.

How could they just storm into her life and make decisions on her behalf? No matter how guilty everyone was, they had no right to decide her future. There was no way she could accept some people she didn't even know properly, making her choices.