Never Mess with Aliza's books

Now being face to face, she was positive he almost looked like Kol. Except his hair was jet black instead of brown. His eyes were like grey clouds on a rainy day, his skin was pure white, and was a few feet taller than her.

His British accent sounded so familiar.

"What the hell? Who are you?" She asked.

"You have Finn's eyes." He commented.

Aliza stared at him, utterly confused. She had no idea who this Finn was and at that moment she wasn't even interested.

"I asked who you are?"

"It's quite complicated to explain who exactly I am. But I want you to know something. When the time comes you shall help me." He answered.

She scoffed, "Help you with what?"

He smiled and said, "You will find out."

"What are you doing here?"

She turned around, only to see Niklaus standing behind her. He wore a white henley, she noticed the paint smeared on his shirt, his hands were stuffed inside his pocket. Aliza looked behind her.

There was no one.

She was baffled, he was standing right there and now he was gone. That was creepy. Was it a ghost? Vampires and Werewolves exist, does that mean ghosts are present too? That wasn't the most pleasing thought.

"I thought I heard footsteps." She answered. She figured she would ask about the man to the guards outside, maybe he was one of them. Niklaus squinted his eyes as if he thought she was lying.

"You were painting" Aliza looked at him and commented.

Niklaus raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. He seemed so bored, standing there talking to her. He asked, "What makes you say that?"

Aliza shrugged her shoulders and said, "You've got streaks of paint all over your shirt and hand. Also, your fingers are red, you've been holding something for a long time. I'm assuming that it was a paintbrush. Were you using oil paints or acrylic?"

She could've sworn his lips turned into the smallest of a smirk, "Why don't you take a guess, love? You seem to be quite the Sherlock Holmes ."

She took a moment to think before saying, "Well it depends on your style. Oil paints take longer to dry, You will have more flexibility. They work well in realistic style paintings. With acrylic paints, you must be decisive with your strokes. I'm guessing oil paints?"

There was amusement lingering in his eyes. The smirk had grown a little wider, just a little. They both just stared at each other in complete silence.

There was something odd about this entire family. Something very broken. Aliza wished to figure it out. She was sure that they had experienced pain. But in what way? There could be tons of things that could happen to a person in the course of a thousand years. There was a part of her itching to ask what is wrong? Questions like why do Freya and Elijah look at her as if she means something to them? Why is Kol so defensive around her?

Elijah entered the hallway and was surprised to see them. Aliza and Niklaus seemed unaware of his presence. He was worried, Niklaus would say something to Aliza despite Vincent making it very clear how that would end up.

"Niklaus."

Elijah stepped beside Aliza, a stern look on his face.

Klaus glanced at his brother, he knew that Elijah was worried he would say something to the girl. He had to admit the girl was smarter than he expected her to be.