Chapter 1

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

H.P. Lovecraft,

In the middle of a forest, on an uninhabited island, a special exam for first-year students at Tokyo Metropolitan Koudo Ikusei High School is taking place.

We, first-year class, went sailing on a luxury yacht to enjoy our summer vacation, it should be. But it ended up not living up to our expectations students.

It was the introduction of special exams from the school to students.

I, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a first-year student from class 1-D, was sitting alone on a rock while looking at the night sky above.

Several of my friends were sitting in circles around the campfire which was blazing in front of the tent as the only light at that time.

I myself stayed away from large groups because I had no friends, it was only natural for a loner like me.

Sitting behind me is a girl named Horikita Suzune.

She is my first friend at this school. Well, even though she doesn't think so, at least I think so.... I guess.

The sound of burning wood, as well as laughter and cheerful jokes, can be heard from here.

Even though we had to spend a week on this uninhabited island, surviving with the supplies we had, we were as much eager to enjoy every possible moment if possible.

Basically, each class is awarded 300 points. You are free to do anything with those points, if you want to buy something with the existing points and have fun on this island, nothing is prohibited. it is the freedom given by the school.

But keep in mind, the points left at the end of this exam will be added to our class points.

There are some additional important factors to keep in mind, regarding how points are reduced, and how points are added up.

For example, you will get bonus points if you occupy several spots on this island. Automatically the spot will belong to the class and you will get extra points.

However, you must remember to occupy that spot every 8 hours, in order to keep the spot yours and the class.

Each class has its own leader.

The leader is the person who holds the keycard that will be used to occupy the existing spot.

In the end, you are given the opportunity by the school to guess the name of the leader of each class. If you guess successfully you get 50 points, if you guess wrong, you lose 50 points. It is one of the factors causing the points to decrease, and at the same time the most beneficial factor if you guess it right.

On the other hand, a class that has one of the students retire will reduce the class points.

We first-year class D students are trying our best to take this exam.

Our class has been dropping points since the beginning of the month and being the lowest class compared to other classes, it's a shame to see.

So, this special exam is one of the valuable opportunities for us to increase our class points.

"They had so much fun...."

Horikita sighed when she looks at our classmates.

"It doesn't hurt to enjoy what you are doing, after all this is like a vacation right?"