Chapter 3

"Run!"

There were only a gasping sound and the sound of footsteps kicking the ground so hard and fast.

Sakura and I forced our bodies to move as fast as we could.

While feeling my mind getting clear, I ran very fast through the trees and bushes in front of me.

"Ahh!"

A sound like something heavy had fallen could be heard behind me.

"Aww—, e-eeh?"

After being carried, she must have felt confused.

I forcefully lifted Sakura's body which had previously fallen on the ground and carried her.

And quickly I started running again.

Sakura's body weight is around 60 kg, it shouldn't hinder my steps in running.

I was running, running, from something truly dangerous, something that was without hesitation showing its worst intentions, feelings of disgust, irritation, fear, anxiety, my body felt it all.

I know that I am different from kids my age, I know the fear that results from something ... I know the anxiety of worrying about failing to achieve something ... I know the disgust when I see something ... but the more I grow up and run in that cold room ... and my soul has been trained to face all problems and obstacles that exist to the limit of human knowledge in general.

But now ...

"Khiii—"

Sakura tightened her grip even more on my back.

My body was shaking, my soul was struggling restlessly, my legs were trembling with fear... this was something new to me.

Fear of the Unknown

That's how I feel now. Unknown, confused, beyond the comprehension of my mind.

And even if I decide to fight this feeling, strengthen my body and soul again, face something that is behind me.

My instincts screamed, "You're going to die!"

I have lost my step, I don't care how long I have been running, all I know... our camp is near.

Gradually the feeling of restlessness in my heart had started to disappear, my footsteps that were a little heavy before now felt lighter somehow.

I stopped and glanced back, there were only small leaves that fell in the wind before finally touching the ground. The comfortable atmosphere you can see when you pay attention to the beauty of the green forest.

I began to adjust my breath and calm my body.

I paid attention to my surroundings and guarded for the worst, the 'thing' wasn't chasing or watching us anymore.

After feeling safe enough because I didn't feel that 'thing', I stopped my steps and put down Sakura slowly.

Sakura almost fell but I held her with my arms that wrapped around her soft waist. Maybe because of the pressure she was under before, her legs were still shaking until now.

"Are you okay, Sakura?"

I called her name and tried to calm her down.

But she didn't hear, she covered her ears and winced in fear.

If it's like this, the fear she felt before could become traumatized, and Sakura will have a hard time going through this special exam.

No, I guess I have to put the special exam aside first. There are more serious problems than that. And I thought about talking to Chabashira-sensei and the school.