Chapter 7

Seeing how Kushida immediately jumped back and fell on the ground made Ike confused.

As soon as Kushida looked into the tent, she stopped in the middle and only made her head enter before finally she screamed in terror and jumped away as if she had seen a ghost.

She tightly grabbed the leg of a boy who happened to be near her and tried to stand up later, but her legs were still shaking from the shock. The boy feels confused, and at the same time feels shy and happy because his angel has just hugged his legs tightly.

"K-kikyou-chan, what happened?"

Ike who was worried immediately approached Kushida, her classmates also immediately gathered around her.

Trying to keep her consciousness, her trembling lips trying to say a word or two but unable to, she raised her hand and pointed into the boys' tent.

"I-there, a-, aa.... Y-yamauchi— "

'Haruki? What's wrong with him?'

It is not natural to feel such shock and fear like that. Usually, some of the things that can cause fear in a person's mind are when they receive a horror sensation due to something that has been traumatized, such as past trauma or death.

On the other hand, the existence of the realm of metaphysics, invisible creatures that humans know to be ghosts or the like, since ancient times this has been well engraved in the human mind, the fear of mystical things.

The first option, it didn't make sense for Kushida to feel scared when she saw Yamauchi. During this time, Kushida showed a friendly personality to everyone in the class, even boys. The way she has treated Yamuchi these past few days also the same and normal as always.

The second option, the existence of ghosts.... Nah, that doesn't make sense, Ike thought.

Could it be?

What Ike was worried about also crossed the minds of some of his classmates.

This whole day, Yamauchi only spent his time in the tent all day, no one saw him going out of the tent or doing activities outside the tent. This caused some concern from his friends and Hirata as well.

The worst possibility that Yamauchi was in bad shape. He got sick, was what Ike thought. But, if his current condition makes Kushida jump out of fear like she just saw a demon, he starts to worry.

Previously, Ike and Sudou had already checked Yamauchi's condition inside the tent, and to be honest, it wasn't good. With his head hanging down, Yamauchi just stared at the ground and didn't answer the calls from Ike and Sudou, that's why he asked Kushida's help to pull Yamauchi out, or at least check on Yamauchi. Is he sick or not?

As Sudou immediately ran towards the tent, Ike also turned around and followed him from behind. How shocked they were when they saw Yamauchi suddenly walk out of the tent as if nothing had happened.

"Haruki ?!"

His body is thin and bones can be seen from the skin that covers the muscles, his face looks sluggish and looks unhealthy, and the eyes that are unfocused and look sleepy all this time are looking down, he doesn't care about his classmates who pay attention to him, he walks towards the river past the crowd of students present.

"Are you ok, Yamauchi?"

Yamauchi remained silent for a brief moment before responding with a soft nod.

He doesn't look fine ... All class D thought ...

Yamauchi then immediately walked away from his classmate. Some of his friends like Ike and the other boys were following him from behind, probably worried about Yamauchi's condition.