Chapter 5

BRRR!

Instantly, I twisted my body then raised my feet and gave a scything kick.

The loud sound of wood shattering as a result of the impact from something strong could be heard.

I froze, my sweaty body and my eyes wide open from shock and confusion that engulfed my consciousness.

There was no one behind me, I just kicked the air, and accidentally my leg that was swinging sideways hit a 4-meter tall tree.

I started to observe my surroundings. My previous instincts screamed into my head that there was something behind me. My nervous system and body reflexes moved on their own and strengthened the guard.

To my right, the tree trunk which was quite wide in diameter shattered deep enough, and slowly a tall tree collapsed and produced a ground shocking, strong enough to repel the wild birds perched on the tree.

Earlier, I clearly heard something whispering behind me.

Even though it sounded like the wind blowing past my ears, but I clearly heard it whispering to me and saying

"Here—"

I started to adjust my breathing and my posture again. Trying to clear my mind, I looked between the trees in the forest.

Only silence, the leaves falling from tree branches, some animals such as squirrels jumping from branch to tree branch again, and the wind that blew gave the impression that nothing strange had happened before.

Like an illusion, my mind began to say that what I had been through before was just a hallucination.

But I will reject my common sense for a while.

I don't feel any malice from It who watched back a while ago. What does it really want? What is it trying to do? As if trying to communicate with me, it repeatedly showed me its presence.

For a moment, I felt the corners of my mouth curl slightly upwards.

In the end, you didn't show yourself.

Hiding behind the forest, a mystery behind the darkness of evil itself.

Even for a moment, I knew that It wasn't human.

Regardless, it looks like I have been dealing with something very troublesome.

It tried to stir fear inside of me, and now you've done it.

But let's look ahead...

How long are we going to play hide and seek like this?

Soon,

I will turn the table and hunt you...

****

Meanwhile, in the current class D camp...

For some reason, Hirata Yosuke, the male figure who is believed to be the class president, is currently looking quite anxious

He sat on a large rock near the boys' tent, slightly wiped his sweaty forehead with a towel, he sat gazing deep into the forest among the shady trees.

For some reason, his mind was filled with worrying things.

He must lead his classmates through the exam on this uninhabited island, survive with the existing provisions and save as much as possible the points given by the school.

It takes a figure of a wise leader to lead 39 people at once, like a sheepherder, if he is very negligent, the sheep he is guarding could be preyed on by lurking wolves.