Chapter 4

"Where have you been before?"

I returned to my tent and was greeted by Horikita who was seen sitting quietly near the girls' tent.

Her behavior was a bit strange, she looked at me with a look full of suspicion that made me feel uncomfortable.

Has she been waiting for me? Is there anything she wants to talk to me about?

"I went looking for firewood with Sakura a while ago."

Ugh!

I answered her question but what's with that expression, Please stop it, don't look at me with that flat and creepy face.

"What's up?"

"Hmm? What do you mean by "What's up"? "

"It just that I feel uncomfortable the way you look at me right now."

Horikita looked at me, for some reason I felt déjà vu... when have I ever experienced the same thing before like this?

However, it seems like she is lonely because there is no me around. Somehow I wanted to try to tease her but it would end badly.... right?

Wow, after what I went through earlier, I couldn't believe I could be this calm.

Horikita looked away from me, she seemed to be thinking about something that made her feel uncomfortable. Somehow her attitude now is not like the Horikita I know.

"You seem to be thinking about something, did anything happen?"

Once again I called her, she narrowed her eyes at me, then her expression began to soften as if she was worried.

"Nothing... recently I was just feeling a little anxious."

Anxious?

Is her condition getting worse?

Since this special exam started I know about Horikita's condition, she is sick and instead of reporting her condition to school, she decided to fight this exam and endure her illness for a week until this exam is over.

Retire will end up reducing class points, and she's very worried about that. She didn't want to lose any more class points.

I put my hand on her forehead and try t—

Ehh?

"What ... are you doing?"

Why?

Is it possible ... this fast?

Perhaps because of my strange act, Horikita forcefully brushed my hand off her forehead.

I stared at my hand for a moment, then looked back at Horikita. For some reason, her cheeks were slightly flushed.

"What is wrong with you?"

"No ... are you really fine?"

"Hah? What do you mean? I've been like this for a long time. I am fine."

That's weird, Horikita should be currently sick.

But when I tried to check her temperature, it was strangely normal. She didn't have any fever. Normally, without proper rest and supportive nutrition, you will not recover easily from a fever, it can last for days.

But Horikita, after three days of surviving on this island without a comfortable bed, pressed by the cold temperature at night, did not eat any food or medicine that supported the body's healing process, she was completely healed now as if a gods had blessed her.