Chapter 26

Every single one of the CCG's investigators stood in the ruins of Tokyo, ready to face off the enemy soldiers.

All of the ghouls from Goat joined in as well for we all finally realized that together, we are stronger than those bafoons.

Marude, Hide and a few others stayed at the base to monitor the battle that will soon unfold. Kimi also stayed at the base to supervise Kaneki and Ayato's movements while also guiding them in the process.

Since Touka's pregnant, it would be dangerous for her to fight alongside us. That's why she stayed at the hospital, accompanying Saiko in her room.

Mougan, Ui, and Fura stood in a line. Fura smoked on his cigarette while Ui and Mougan had serious expressions on their faces.

As expected of the higher-ups, the three of them were ready for action.

Itou, Hirako, and Kuroiwa stood in another line.

It's nice to see Kuroiwa was no longer suspended. What happened to Yoriko was really heartbreaking, but it seems like he's doing better now that the CCG are working together with Goat.

Behind them stood the three young members of Squad 0. Yusa, Shio and Rikai had frowns plastered on their faces.

They may be cute, but on the battlefield these guys are dangerous.

On the other side was the Suzuya Squad. Hanbee, Juuzo, Mizurou, Miyuki, and Keijin were wearing their usual black attires.

I gotta say, with those outfits they look like the student council of CCG.

Not far away from where the five were standing, the Quinx squad stood in a neat line with their quinques ready.

This time it wasn't only Urie, Hsiao, and Higemaru. Mutsuki and Shinsanpei were with them as well.

It's good to see those two fighting with the Quinx again, I'm glad they managed to reunite with the others.

Standing with the rest of the investigators were Ayumu Hogi (she was once a part of the Hachikawa Squad), Gori and Hayashimura.

Hayashimura slung his giant quinque on his back, making him look cool and ready to strike.

Nearby were the ghouls of Goat. Standing in front of them were Tsukiyama, Yomo, Nishiki and S/N.

Tsukiyama and S/N had smug smirks on their faces, while Yomo stayed the same.

Nishiki straightened up his glasses with his middle finger, as if mocking the incoming soldiers.

The marching grew closer as we got ready.

I stood in the middle of Akira and Amon. The two had their quinques in hand, ready to be unleashed.

I cracked both of my knuckles in anticipation.

Finally, the marching stopped.

The members of V stood a few meters away from us, glaring at us with icy stares.

"To all units, win!" Marude said through our earpieces, "That's all."

Those few words were enough to start the battle.

We rushed forward with courage, weapons and kagunes aimed towards the enemy.

I cracked my fingers before releasing my kagune. My ukaku managed to impale the two soldiers behind me.

Then, I sent a flying kick to a nearby soldier and fired my shards to the rest.

"You crack your fingers before attacking?" Akira asked as she used her whip on the other soldiers, "I've seen you do it multiple times during missions."