Chapter 18

A few days have passed since the Dragon emerged.

Ever since that day, it's been raining non-stop.

The remaining members of Goat took shelter at a nearby park.

Most of us were still wearing our clothes from the wedding since we didn't have much time to change; including Nishiki, Tsukiyama, and I.

At first, it was quite hard to try and take care of everyone. But then, Hori Chie decided to help us out.

Her help was greatly appreciated by everyone in the organization.

Touka stood underneath the rainy sky as she looked towards the city.

I sighed and opened my umbrella before walking towards her.

"Your kid could get cold," I said, "Here, you can stand under my umbrella."

Touka nodded.

"Thank you," she said.

I looked towards her with sympathy.

Kaneki wasn't the only one who was trapped inside the Dragon, S/N did too.

Apparently, S/N got wounded badly and lost conscious while helping Kaneki.

Around the time S/N became unconscious was when Kaneki went berserk and turned into the Dragon.

Touka tried to look for him, but it seemed that Kaneki took S/N with him.

The both of us heard footsteps coming from behind.

I turned my head around to see Nishiki approaching us with his blue umbrella in hand.

He stood next to Touka.

"If only this could stop," he said, "This rain."

We stayed quiet as we watch the rain fall.

"Y/N! Touka-chan!"

Touka and I looked towards the voice to see someone unexpected.

"Itori-san," Touka greeted.

I chuckled, "Well isn't this a surprise."

Itori stood underneath a red umbrella with her usual black dress and gloves, with a pink shawl wrapped around her shoulders.

She smiled.

"I just came here to visit," she said, "And my, you've become more feminine, Touka-chan."

She started to approach us.

"How's Uta and the others?" I asked.

"They haven't changed," Itori replied, "As usual, they're acting like clowns."

Itori took a look around at everyone else.

Most of the remaining members were wearing black coats, while some stood under the rain with no care in the world.

"What's a herd of sheep doing in a place like this?" she asked, "I think you should run."

Itori's presence drew a lot of attention from the others that they started to listen.

Touka averted her gaze.

"That's..."

Itori sighed dramatically.

"Refusing, huh?" she said, "Then, why don't all of you keep an eye on him?"

"You mean, guarding him?" I asked.

"Of course," Itori answered in a matter-of-factly, "Besides, Kanekichi turned into that thing to save all of you."

"Don't listen to her," Nishiki said in a low voice.