Chapter 8

A few days has passed since Kaneki woke up.

After planning our first move, we sent out invitations to a few ghouls for a secret meeting in the safe house.

Of course, we didn't forget to put a closed sign in front of the café.

Everyone gathered underneath :re.

We all stood inside the meeting room.

Shio excitedly looked around the room and started to count our ratings.

"S, A, A, S, S+, SS, S+, S..." he mumbled, "This is enough to promote me into Special Assistant Investigator!"

A ghoul with long straight black hair and greyish eyes stood on the side and observed Shio's antics.

She was wearing full black attire, which lives up to her alias as Kuro.

The ghoul, Yasuhisa Kurona, leaned on the wall before crossing her arms and gave Shio a judging look.

Kurona is a one-eyed ghoul like Kaneki and I, she used to work under Dr. Kanou. She actually has a twin sister named Yasuhisa Nahiro, but she died when the two were facing Juuzo. They used to be CCG cadets and were actually Juuzo's former classmates, but then they disappeared and became Kanou's experiments.

I heard from Nishiki that she actually merged with Nashiro. Which is why she now has two kakugans.

Yusa awkwardly sighed.

"Stop it Shio," he said, "Don't count them."

On the other side of the room, Ayato and a short ghoul with light purple hair stood next to each other.

She's wearing a dark blue dress with pink flower patterns and a comfortable but thin creamlike yellow jacket. She's also a wearing a cute hat that matches her jacket.

The ghoul, who was also known as Three Blades, is Kusakari Miza. She's the leader of a gang called the Blades in the 18th Ward. She's very close to Naki.

Somewhere else in the room stood the three members of the White Suits.

There's Naki as their leader (which was obvious since he was the only one wearing a black coat from the three), Hooguro, and Shousei Idera.

The Quinx and I met Hooguro and Idera when we were chasing Kanae; Idera is the tall one while Hooguro is the one with long hair that reaches to his upper neck.

Shio managed to compose himself as he looked at his squad's expressions, including Hirako's.

Nearby, a familiar ghoul stood to the side with a smile on his face.

He has purple hair, and was wearing a green coat with a purple shirt underneath with a black scarf that hung on his neck.

If you already don't know who he is, then let me tell you.

It's the one and only...

Tsukiyama Shuu.

In front of the stage, Yomo with his Raven attire (minus the mask) stood near the back with Nishiki (who was wearing a yellow shirt and a blue coat) not far from where he stood.

Meanwhile, Touka with her warm yellow jacket and S/N stood next to each other.

Kaneki and I stood in front of the couple.

I was wearing a F/C shirt and a F/C coat/jacket/sweater/hoodie to keep me warm.

Meanwhile, Kaneki was wearing a black coat and a black high collar sleeveless shirt with black gloves that reaches above his elbows.