Suzuya Juuzo

As I opened my eyes, I silently groaned from the slight pounding inside my head.

The world swayed while I slowly regained consciousness.

The ceiling of an unknown room, the warmth of sunlight coming from my left, the scent that only hospitals have; those things greeted me as I tried to process everything that has supposedly happened.

That's right, I remember running in the sewers to look for Ken before...

Before the ground beneath me collapsed.

I turned my head towards my left and sighed.

Guess I really did drown.

The birds chirped outside the window as panic suddenly filled my mind.

What happened to Kaneki and Ayato?

I shifted on the bed to try and find the button to call the nurse when I suddenly came face-to-face with someone unexpected standing on the right.

A black-haired guy stared at me as our eyes met.

The stitches under his right eye began to stretch slightly as his scarlet eyes widened.

"Y/N?"

The moment I almost sat up straight, he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're awake!"

I could feel him shake as I embraced him back.

"You're actually awake..." he said quietly.

"Nice to see you again," I said as I tightened my grip on him, "Juuzo."

He let go of the hug before sitting down on the chair that's on the right side of the bed.

"How did I get here?" I asked, "Where's Kaneki?"

"He's still unconscious, but I'm sure he'll wake up soon! The fact that you're already awake means that he'll do the same, right?" he said, "As for your first question, your friend brought the two of you to the hospital after rescuing you both from the sewers."

I made a mental reminder to visit Kaneki's room and thank Ayato when I have the chance.

Juuzo smiled as he sighed in relief.

"I feel like the weight on my shoulders disappeared the moment I saw you awake," he admitted, "I've been visiting you every day since you came here. The nurse didn't let me in, but I managed to find a way to sneak in."

I widened my eyes in surprise.

"You snuck in?!"

He winked.

"Just don't tell her I did that."

I looked at him in amusement.

"I won't, thanks for 'sneaking in' I guess."

Juuzo and I laughed.

"Say, Y/N," he said, "Do you want to go to the rooftop? They have a really great view up there and since it's almost time for sunset, I thought you'd like to see it."

My face instantly brightened.

"Absolutely!"

Juuzo carefully helped me out of bed as he took my hands in his.

He smiled mischievously before leading me out of my hospital room.

We sneaked around the hallways as we headed to the rooftop. Every time we successfully snuck past the staff, we would giggle at the fact that they didn't notice we were there.