Ui Koori

I woke up in a daze.

Confused, I blinked my eyes a few times while my brain tried to process things.

Am I in the hospital...?

Averting my eyes from the ceiling, I turned my head to find a large window.

The room was dark; the only source of light was from the moonlight by the window.

I wonder, how long have I been staying here and how did I get here?

Did Kaneki and Ayato make it out safe?

As my thoughts began to race, my eyes suddenly landed on a sleeping figure next to me.

He had blue hair that's styled as a bob, making it easy to instantly recognize the investigator.

My eyes widened the moment I realized that Ui Koori was sleeping with his head on my bed.

In a flurry of shock, I grabbed my blanket before quickly sitting up and scooting away from him.

"What the heck?!" I whisper-yelled out of surprise.

My cheeks turned crimson red as I thought of all the possibilities on why Ui was in my hospital room.

Was he the one who brought me here? Wait no, that's stupid he wasn't even there in the first place. But then why is he sleeping next to me? How was he even allowed in my room at a time like this?! Don't tell me he actually has a crush on-

Suddenly, Ui let out a groan.

I froze in place as he slowly lifted his head up.

"What-"

Our eyes met and we stared at each other for a while.

"L/N-san? You're awake?!" Ui exclaimed.

I gave him an awkward smile.

"U-Uh..."

Suddenly, Ui's face changed.

His expression went from worry to anger in an instant.

"What were you thinking?!" he yelled, "I get that you're trying to help your friend, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore your own safety!"

"Ui-san..."

"Don't you realize that you're an important asset to humanity?!" he scolded as he stood up from his seat, "Not only that, but you have many people who care about you! Do you really want to let them down?!"

He slammed his hands on the bed as I let out a squeak.

"I...I..."

Ui stopped before taking a deep breath.

"My apologies," he said in a much calmer tone, "That was out of line. I'll leave you be."

He was about to leave when I called out.

"W-Wait, Ui-san."

I leapt out of bed and made my way to him.

"Ui-"

Suddenly, my legs gave up on me and I tripped.

Fortunately, Ui instantly caught me in his arms before I could hit the ground.

We stared into each other's eyes, none of us daring to break off the electrifying pulse.

But of course, the moment had to end in a way or another.

The two of us blushed at the close proximity between us before scurrying away from each other.

"S-Sorry about that," I said.