Chapter 16

It didn't take Touka and S/N long enough to announce their engagement.

We were all so hyped about the news that we offered our help to contribute to the wedding.

Heck, Tsukiyama even offered to be the planner.

Finally, after days and days of planning, their wedding was in full swing.

Even though it's held underground, everyone managed to celebrate the newly wedded couple with joyous cheers.

Not going to lie, Tsukiyama made an excellent wedding planner. He organized and handled everything so well that it looks weird to not call him a professional wedding organizer.

Every single one of the ghouls and humans that are affiliated with Goat came to celebrate.

Sadly, Ayato didn't manage to come. Apparently, he's too busy scouting the wards for any potential danger and exploring new areas.

Though, I knew he probably just didn't want to seem all sentimental for his sister's wedding.

Amon and Akira didn't attend as well. Perhaps something came up that made them skip the wedding, although Akira did send me her best wishes to S/N and Touka.

After the ceremony commenced (and after a tremendous round of applause), the partying finally started.

Touka and S/N sat on this really tall stage-like monument.

I turned my head towards them; they look really gorgeous with their wedding outfits.

They caught me staring not long after and gave me a small wave.

I smiled and waved back.

"They seem really happy, don't they?" Kaneki said with a joyful smile.

I nodded.

"I'm really happy for them."

Kaneki wore a white suit, a bit similar to the ones that the White Suits wore. He even slicked his hair back.

Not going to lie, he looks really cool like that.

"We should probably talk to the other guests," Kaneki suggested, "You know, to absorb all the positive energy around us."

I laughed.

"You have a point."

Then, we walked around the venue to mingle a bit.

There's a giant bonfire in the middle of the venue that lights up the whole place, and a few people are dancing nearby as the musicians play their tunes.

Seeing everyone dressed up for this occasion is really amusing, especially since a lot of the guests have good fashion sense.

I looked around to see a very drunk Yomo leaning on Nishiki's shoulder while raising his glass high up on the air.

Yomo was wearing a suit with the same pattern as what S/N and Touka wore, probably since he's Touka's uncle and all.

Nishiki, on the other hand, was wearing a grey suit and tie. He also had his glasses off, which is quite surprising.

I decided to approach them.

"Yomo, Nishiki," I greeted.

"Y/N~!" Yomo slurred, "My favorite person in the world~!"

"I never expected you the type to get drunk easily," I said with a slight chuckle, "It's very entertaining to watch."

"Yeah, well, it's not easy handling a drunken Yomo," Nishiki complained with a sigh, "I told you that you shouldn't have too much to drink, but no! You didn't listen, and now you're drunk."