Chapter 32

Riley's POV

            "Oooh, cotton candy!" I rush over to the blue and pink sugar. Alexander's shoulder pops at the force I use to yank him with me. He releases my hand to stretch his arm around.

            "Ouch, Mouse."

            I giggle. "Man up. I want cotton candy."

            Rolling his eyes at me playfully, he takes out his wallet and hands the money to the guy at the booth. The beautiful blue and pink fluff crosses the counter and I snatch it from Alexander.  Cotton candy is so good! The best part is that it melts in your mouth so you can eat half of it at once and still not have a full mouth.

            I let out an evil laugh as I shove more sugar in my already blue mouth. Alexander stares at me like I have three heads.

            "Slow down, Riley. You're going to get a -"

            "Owww," I moan as I hold my stomach.

            "Stomach-ache, " he finishes with a sigh. "Would you like some water?"

            "Dr. Pepper, please," I grin through the cotton candy hanging out of my mouth. He shakes his head with a smile as he goes to buy me a bottle of soda. When he returns, I shove the candy in his face. "Want some?"

            Alexander grimaces, "No. I don't like cotton candy."

            "What?! Who doesn’t like cotton candy?!" I gasp. "Well, I guess that means no kiss for you tonight."

            "No, no, no, no," he rushes. "It's not that bad." He opens the drink, offering it to me. I smile, take a sip, and hand it back. "What do you want to do first?" Alexander asks before taking a drink of my Dr. Pepper. I narrow my eyes at him.

            "I want a big, stuffed animal."

            He slides his warm hand into mine. "Well, let's go." He smiles as we weave our way through the crowd. The game booths come into view and I pull Alexander to an adorable stuffed puppy.

            "Look at that giant puppy! It's so adorable!"

            Alexander scoffs. "I am way more adorable than that. And, I'm alive."

            I sigh. "Then I want . . . the teddy bear!"

            Nodding he walks up to the booth with the bear and hands the worker the money. She checks him out and gives a flirty grin. Ugh, she's a loser.

            Picking up the fake pistol, he weighs it in his hand a moment before the girl starts the game.

            Targets slide across the game, some disappearing and reappearing. Alexander sights and begins taking the targets down with skill. I gape as he hits the last target and turns to me with a smile.

            "That was amazing," I cheer and run up to hug him. He wraps his arms around me, tugging me closer.

            "Everyone in the pack has basic gun training. I, uh, have a bit more." He says in my ear. I peck his cheek.

            "The bear!"

            Laughing, we turn to the worker who is handing us the bear with a sour look. Ha, I win. I tug his hand. "Let's do something else!"

            "Alright, I got it!" He begins to pull me through the crowd in the opposite direction. I suddenly see what he's heading toward and dig my heels into the ground.