Chapter 53

Last chapter! OMG!

I should be burning internally. Sobbing my heart out, collapsing to my knees as my breathing becomes erratic and shallow. Trembles should cover my body as I'm sure I'll be meeting my painful end.

        And that's what I do.

        Alexander cries out, his knees cracking on the floor as they refuse to hold his weight any longer. He falls forward so that his forehead kisses the dirty cemeted floor. Through my tears, I see his shoulders flex against the chains.

        I bring a hand up to clutch at my chest as he continues to yell.

        Taylor cheers and celebrates, running over to his brother to taunt him. "Look at you!  Finally!" He continues to cheer, brag, and kick at the man in pain, oblivious to me. I'm grateful for his distraction as I crawl, hands and knees, to the wall next to me - keeping up my wailing and sobbing.

        My hand reaches out to grasp the cool metal on the wall and I stand. I'm silent now, hoping situations don't repeat themselves.

        The gun clicks as I load it. Taylor goes silent.

        "Get the hell away from my mate," I growl out. Alexander has fallen silent and he leans up to smile broadly at me.

        "What the-" Taylor is cut off as a bullet embeds itself in his side. At the same moment, Alexander flexes more and the chains pop from the wall.

        He moves to stand over his brother, who is laying on the floor as blood pools around him I rush forward into my mate's arms.

        Taylor coughs up blood before speaking. "I dont . . . understand," he groans.

        "Like you said, I'm like you. My mother cheated with Alpha Stone. My name isn't Rivers. I'm Riley Stone, last child and only daughter of Grayson Stone and Luna of Crescent Pack. Mate of Alexander Crescent." My powerful voice echoes around the room and Taylor coughs blood once again, laying his head back on the floor as he realizes what happened. He's quickly fading which Alexander can obvioulsy tell because he pulls me closer.

        This has to be hard for him.

        I lean down and put a hand on Taylor's face. "I'm sorry, I wish we could have met differently. I wish you weren't like me."

        He suddenly smiles, weak but genuine. "Alex . . .  I rememeber." As if picturing the memories, he closes his eyes. "The swings, the ice cream, that stupid cat we tried to rescue-" Alexander leans down as his brother coughs again. Taylor's chest bubbles as he takes another breath. "I'm sorry . . . for what I did. I'm sor-sorry my wolf was such a douche bag."

        Alexander gives a strangled laugh as a tear fall down his face for his older brother. "It's not your fault, Tay," he whispers.

        "I'm not fighting with my wolf anymore, bro. It's for the best. You . . . you lost me a long time ago. I lost you a long time ago, too."

        He's so pale now, almost grey, and I let out a sob.

        "No, Riley, thank you." Taylor gasps. "You saved m-me and everyone else. I-just don't wan't you to l-lose your-yourself." More blood climbs from his mouth. He begins to breathe quickly, each inhale dragging more blood into his lungs as it suffocates him. "Alex . . ."  he groans, placing something in his hand.

        I look down and see the knife from earlier. Alexander takes a shaking breath and sets the blade over the dying man's heart.

        "Please . . ."

        Turning my face to mate's chest, I flinch when I hear the blade break throught skin. It ends Taylor's suffering as it stops his dying heart.

        "Oh God!" Alexander exclaims, wrapping his arms around me. Wetness hits my neck and shoulders as my mate sobs for his older brother. "Riley, I-"

        "Shh," I order. "No. You helped him. He asked you to help." I grip his torso tight as I stand us up.

        "We're going to bury him," Alexander declares. I look away as he pulls the knife from Taylor's chest and scoops him up in his arms.

        I put my hand on his shoulder blade. "Let's go home."

        So, we walk out of the prison and into the clearing. We side step dead wolves as the packs follow us carrying dead or wounded. Three Alphas walk beside us. Our Beta's and TIC's follow behind, some in human form and some in wolf.

        The bright sun shines down on all of us as if it can wash away the pain of loss and depression. Pack members are eerily solemn and quiet during the walk back to the territories.

        Eventually, one by one, the Alpha's steer their packs toward their homes.

        It's time for all of us to go home.

______________________
The End!
Here's the summary for the second book. It WILL not be on Wattpad, but it will be published after this one. Thanks to everyone reading!

Book two summary:

    Following in his father's footsteps is harder than Hunter Crescent ever imagined. His father is the most powerful Alpha in the United States and Hunter thinks it impossible to gain his rightful title as Pack Leader. Hunter struggles with school, pack duties, and his search for a mate - and he isn't even fully Alpha yet.

    As the second son of Riley Crescent, Taylor is expected to take over the Stone Pack at only 17. The history behind his name drives Taylor to be the best Alpha Stone Pack has ever seen. When he moves to the Pack territory, he has no idea the troubles he will be facing. Stone Pack is slowly falling apart and Taylor must save it at the same time he's trying to save his relationship with his mate - a feisty she-wolf with no desire to settle down anytime soon.

    With two protective brothers and an over-protective father, Isabella Crescent wonders how she will ever begin a life of her own. Rogues have practically become extinct when she suddenly finds herself as the mate of the worst Rogue alive today. Isabella's brain tells her to put the pack first, but her heart is fighting for her terrifying and rebellious mate.

    Enter the world of Riley and Alexander Crescent once again as we follow their three children through the hardest time of their lives - when they are forced to choose between loyalty and love.