Chapter 39

Alexander's POV

With everything settled in Alaph Black's pack, I tell him goodbye before shifting and running back to Riely as fast as possible.    Slow down.  I tell my wolf who is pushing my boundries. He whines about being gone from Riley for so long. I sigh and allow him to run as fast as he wants.  We reach the pack house late and I  can sense Riley's tiredness.  She can't sleep without us, my wolf growls.

        I snort at him as the door opens, allowing me to trot upstairs to Riley. Pawing at the door, I hear her walk to open the door. I give her a wolfy grin as she opens the door, my wolf even with her shoulders.

        SHe's wearing my white shirt only and her dark hair falls loosely down her back. I growl appreciatevely at her attire. With a slight nudge, I get her to follow me toour room. She sits on the bed.

        "Alexander . . .  shift back. It's weird with you like this."

        I give her a soft growl and jump on the bed. I mind link Zach to go pick up my car from the jewelry store since I ran from there to Black's Pack territory. Wlaking in a circle, I plop down in my spot.

        Riley sighs. "Are you okay?" She lays down beside me, running her hand through my fur.

        Yes, I mind link.  I just missed you.

        "I mised you,too." She giggles. I sigh at the feeling of her fingers in my fur and hum slightely. "I've always wanted a puppy." I lick her face in reply. "Ewww," she whines.

        Once she's wiped off her face, she rests her head on my side. "Goodnight, Alexander."

        Goodnight Luna.

I wake to Riley laying across my bare stomach. She wakes up when I begin running my fingers through her hair. She lets out a panicked exclaimation.

        "What?" I ask in surprise.

        "You're . . . naked." she whispers.

        I start laughing loudly as her cheeks flush. She pulls away and I stand to go get clothes. I hear her scream again and turn to see her covering her face.

        Laughing again, I pull on some sweat pants before walking back over to her still covered face. I remove her hands and press a kiss to her lips. "Good morning."

        Riley streatches and smiles, "good morning."

        Alpha, your car is back in the garage.
        Thank you, Zach.

        "Alexander . . . " Riley asks as we sit next to each other on the bed. "What was your brother's name?"

        The question shocks me for a second. "Taylor." I reply softly. "But I don't want to talk about him." She nods and looks down. Why would she ask about him. Well, I did tell her I lost him, so of course she's curious. I pull her to my chest for a hug. "He's gone, Riley."

        She stays stiff in my embrace and I wish so much we had already completed the mating process so I can know what she is thinking.

        "I have to go, love. Alpha duties."

        Riley pulls back quickly, "Okay, bye."

        I stand and slide my hand to the side of her face to tilt it up. Leaning down, I press a soft kiss to her even softer lips. The three words I've been wanting to tell her almost slip out, but I cover them by telling her goodbye once again. I dash out of the room.

        "Shit." I mutter as I lean against the door to our SLpha suite. Why can't I just tell her now?! Not yet. I think. SOom.

        I clomp down the stairs where I run into Daniel. "Rogues, again," he pants. I gesure for him to follow me as I walk to my car., shivering lightly when the cold air hits my bare chest.

        "Where? What are they doing?"

        "Western border. I'm worried because the ball is tomorrow completely opposite to them. They're jsut stalking along the border, like they're waiting for us to leave."

        "Every patrol will be out while we're gone, Daniel." I'm sure my voice is muffled since I'm leaning under the seat in my car, searching for the small box. I let out a small cheer when my hand finally grasps it.

        Daniels replies as I step back out. "Yes sir. You know I worry. I just - wait, is that . . . " He points at my hand.

        "Oh yes." I beam. "Wanna see?"

        "Hell yes!" He exclaims. I furrow my brows at his jumping figure, making him still and clear his throat. "Er, yes. Yes, I would."  I flip open the box to show him the two pieces of jewelry. "What is that?" Daniel asks while pointing.

        Pulling out the ring in question, I slide it on my left finger where it belongs. The platinum gleams as the sun reflects against it, making the black designs stand out. "It says 'soulmates together forever' in Gallifreyan. You know 'cause we both love Doctor Who."

        Daniel grins, which I take as him liking it, and we inspect Riley's ring. The platinum band also has the black designs around it. The words are translated and engraved on the inside. A two carat damond sits in the center with two smaller diamonds on each side. He whistles.

        "How much?"

        "Hers, $18,060."

        "She'll love it. The huge diamond  isn't really her style and she'll try to exchange it, but she'll secretly love it."

         I laugh, "She can get over it. I can spoil my Luna all I want."

        'Alpha, these Rogues are pushing at the border,' Zach links. I tuck the rings safely into the pocket of my sweat pants.

        'I'll be right there. Don't let them push it any more. Nip at them, but don't fight until I give permission.

        Daniel and I begin running to the Western border. My 'favorite Alpha' better back off his wolves before something bad happens. "I'm tired of his shit."