Chapter 43

Alexander's voice echoes  through the room, causing him to smile. "All right. Thanks everyone for letting me speak because I have some important news. Many of you know my mate, Riley," he laces his fingers with mine. "Alpha Stone is her father. He's also very intimidating. I'd like to thank him for giving me permission to do this." Still holding my hand, he turns to face me directly. He slowly leans down to place the microphone on the floor with a dull thud and I wait for him to stand  back up.  He doesn't. And then I realize - He's kneeling.   I gasp softly as ALexander slides  his hand inot his pocket, pulling out a black box. Is he really doing this?

        "Riley, the moment I saw you, I knew I would spend the rest of my life with you and that's exactly what I intend to do. I love you so much and I hope you love me too because I'm not letting you go. Ever." Alexander opens the small box. "Riley Rivers-Stone will you please marry me and become my true  Luna, forever?"

        "Everything is quiet for a moment as I gaze at my mate. His eyes shine with hope and love and I feel my eyes begin to water. I answer him without looking at the ring or guests around us.

        "Yes. Yes! Of course I'll marry you." He gives me the biggest and brightest smile in history, jumping up to grasp me thightely in a hug. "Oh, Alexander," I whisper to him over the crowds cheers. "Don't you know?"

        "Know what?"He questions breathlessly.

        "I love you, too. I can't imagine being with anyone else. Ever. I've never felt this way before."

        He pulls back to capture my lips with his and I forget about everyting that's happened. I feel something cold on my hand; he slips the ring on my finger. I gasp."Alexander! I can't take this --"

        "Shut up," I'm cut off as he presses a kiss to my lips yet again. It's way of saying there's no room for arguement and I'm keeping the damn expensive ring. "Yes, Alpha." I mumble against his mouth.

        "Still, my daughter, Alexander." My dad intterups." And this is a public place."

        "Of course, Grayson," Alexander pulls away, but laces his fingers with mine.

        "Congratulations," he smiles at us. "I'd like to discuss the Stone Pack issue with you, Riley. I know you accepted  to take over ---"

        This news shocks and Alexander and me. We glance  at each other. "What?"

        "The other day? When ALexander was with Black Pack. You don't remember?" I shake my head. "Well, Cindy thought since your my only heir . . .  you would take over, but you have a duty to Crescent Pack also."

        "Alpha Crescent jumps in, "I don't want to join them. The Stones should live one. However, if you can obtain the pack for a few years, I'm sure one of our children would not mind taking over. Their ALpha blood will easily adapt to the role."

        "I actually had that idea also, Alexander. I can hold the pack until a decendent is of a near approrpriate age. Thank you both." He dismisses himself and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

        "Mouse?"

        "Derek."

        He grins, "Congratulations!"

        "Thank you Derek," Alexander says has he pulls me closer.

        Derek opens his mouth, but a voice cuts him off. "Riley! Wow, it's been too long." The man rests his hand on Derek's shoulder, making his jaw clench.

        Alexander lets out a soft growl as I acknowledge the man. "Josh. How . . . nice to see you again."

        "Aw, little sister, where's my hug?"

        "Ya'll aren't related," my mate growls.

        Josh waves a hand dismissidly. His build is still scrawny and I wonder how Cross Pack even accepted him. "Nonsense! Riley will always be my little sister." The orchestra begins playing a slow song and Josh grins. "Care to dance, sis?"

        Alexander tightens his hold, but Josh still pulls me away. We can't make a scene here and there's not much he can do to me in public. I gaze back at an angry Alexander as Josh pulls me into the crowd of dancing guests. He places a hand lower than appreciated on my back as we begin dancing.

        "You met my friend earlier, right?  Nice man."

        I stare at his awful face." You are working with Rogues."

        Josh glares. "Sh! I think your friends enjoy having their hearts in their chests, don't you?" His hand slips lower.

        "Josh, this isn't a good idea," I warn. "Rogues are unpredictable. They could turn on you and your whole pack!"

        "Shut up Riley. You don't know what you're talking about. Alpha will make me his Beta and you'll be the perfect Luna."

        My blood runs cold, but not because his hand has slipped even lower to where it's almost inappropriate. No, it's because of those words. "H - he wants me to be his Luna? Why?"

        "Due time, little sis. All in due time." The song ends and he saunters away.