Chapter 46

Is anyone else confused when you go to a category on here and scroll through the 'what's hot' list and there's a book with less reads, votes, and comments ahead of a book with way more than that one? How does that work??

Anyway, chapter 46!!

Alexander's POV

I growl as I catch the faint smoke scent in my room.

        Pack meeting now! I yell to my pack through the mind link. I stand on my balcony as the pack gathers in the clearing below. My strangled scream makes everyone shut up. "This is getting ridiculous!" The loud words echo in the trees. "Rogues came into my territory and my house! They took Riley - your Luna! As soon as I left the medical wing, there was fresh Rogue scent in my bedroom!

        "We are the strongest pack in the United States! Why can't we protect ourselves from rejected wolves?!" Silence fills the clearing as everyone cowers from my anger. "Training is doubled and partols are tripled! Do you understand?! If I catch ONE more Rogue on my territory, they won't be the only ones dying."

        I turn and slam the newly replaced glass doors violently. My broken yell fills the silent suite. When the Rogues jumped on me, I killed them all - barely recieving a scratch, but Riley was already gone. I tracked the scent and called my best warriors to help me rescue her. There were more Rogues than anticipated in Tylor's pack, though. We were equally balanced strength - until Taylor trotted out with his completely charcoal wolf.

        Foam fell from his snarling muzzle and my wolves whined. Taylor is unnatural. His halfing blood drove his wolf mad years ago; we're all surprised he isn't dead.

        He is insane.

        No deaths, but my wolves sustained injuries in need of medical attention. It broke my heart to leave Riley there, but I didn't have a choice.

        I've been locked under Susan's care because of a vicious bite on my shoulder from Taylor. She thinks it might get infected. I got back to my room only to smell Rogue, which ticked me off even more. I need my Luna and I'm prepared to kill my brother for her.

Riley's POV

A shout of surprise escapes my lips as I leave the bathroom. Taylor is standing in the middle of the room wrapping something across his bare stomach. I panic when I see blood. "What happened?"

        He growls as he pokes around his bloody abdomen. "Got bit in the fight."

        As much as I hate him, it's not my nature to leave someone in pain and he obviouly has no idea what he's doing. I wet a hand towel from the bathroom before wiping the blood away. The bite is deep and puntures the front and back of his left side. I take the bandage and wrap it around his stomach until it covers the wound.

        "You'll want to keep that clean and checked often."

        "Thanks, Luna," he runs a hand through my hair and I flinch away. "I brought you dinner."

        "I don't want it."

        Taylor scowls. "You will eat. I won't let you starve yourself."

        "You can't make me eat."

        Rough hands grab my neck. "I don't care if I have to chew the food, spit it in your mouth, and hold your nose and mouth closed until you swallow. You. Will. Eat!"

        "I'd rather suffocate," I hiss out of my burning throat.

        His hand suddenly comes in contact with my cheek, sending a resounding crack through the room. I fall and press a hand to my stinging face. "Violence won't work," I growl. "I was abused for three years. I'm kind of immune now." I can tell my snarky comment angers him further.

        He sneers. "Then I'll threaten your friends, starting with the stupid little Omega."

        My eyes widen and I gasp. "No."

        "Eat the damn food." With that, he leaves. Guards stand at the door again and I grab the plate of chicken from the bedside table. The food mixes with my salty tears as I play with the ring on my finger.

        When will Alexander come?