☽ 33

It was as confusing as it could be, Chaeri could only comprehend so much

It was as confusing as it could be, Chaeri could only comprehend so much. Jaemin who appeared as someone she could seek comfort in sat right next to her. She sipped the cup of warm water, as the water went down her throat, she shivered. The sensation of something so silky smooth against her throbbing throat felt heavenly.

Grabbing the sides of the cup firmly, she breathed a slow sigh. "I truly hope i'm safe." She mumbled to herself, in which was heard by Jaemin. It was no wonder he could hear, wolves do naturally have good hearing after all. "You are." He replied nonchalantly, it was almost an instant respond. Chaeri was surprised that he heard her, though she didn't express it.

"Why, why would you save me?" Chaeri asked, truthfully, she had her guess. She wanted to confirm whether her theory was right, she wasn't idiotic. It was obvious. Why would such a vicious creature save her? A human with no resources, a human pose as a prey to wolves. Nevertheless, he treated her with such a patience and love. How odd.

He chuckled, as she stared. "That's because i happened to be there at the right time." He answered vaguely. That was a lie. She knew. She knew there was no way he just happened to be there at the right time, she didn't believe in fate, she didn't believe in coincidences. She believed in herself and her logic.

She decided she would stop asking, there was simply no reason to persist with the questioning. She was curious, but not curious enough to proceed. She decided to spend the rest of the days recovering until she eventually recovered.

//

"It's time." She thought as she grabbed her belongings, which may or may not have been stolen. She grabbed a few essentials from the cabin and made her escape in the middle of the night. "It was nice while it lasted." She breathed out as she glanced at the cabin she recovered in.

In the past three months, she had made plenty of memories and the relationship she had with the rest improved immensely. In the meanwhile, she gained back her memories. She knew, she had somewhere to go to. "I don't trust you." She mumbled under her breathe. Chaeri was never an innocent girl, a pure girl who mindlessly followed others. It was all an act.

She never loved or felt anyway about Jaemin. In fact, she felt nothing. She had a mission, a goal. That was to destroy the population in the forest, the forest that the wolves, foxes and many more stayed in. She understood her mission. She couldn't fail, she had only one chance.

She was never lost in the first place, she was placed at the forest. Her mother? Her abusive father? Her long lost brother? They were simply a fragment of your imagination. They never existed, like a dark hue of night, they were simply just a hoax. She never struggled with friends, or any emotional baggage. It was a disguise, she needed something that would gain sympathy.

The reason why the cuts she had obtained whenever she injured herself miraculously heals itself after not long, how she could cope with being stabbed, how she was even alive was simply because she wasn't just human. A wolf? A fox? She wasn't something that could be categorised, there was none other like her.

"Persecutor." Johnny called out.

"Reporting. Let Winwin know of my condition." Chaeri replied, tapping on the ear device that connected her with Johnny.

Everything information that was given was nothing more than a mere dream, in fact it was more of a nightmare. Truths were never meant to be discovered, behind lies, they were well hidden. Not a speck of suspicion was coming her way.

She had to hide what she truly was, Chaeri's true identity; The persecutor.

hello, i'm back. <3
i re-read the whole story to refresh my mind, and i was laughing a whole lot reading all of your comments.
you make my day.