☽ 18

"i- nothing ! i was just- i just can't seem to fall asleep

"i- nothing ! i was just- i just can't seem to fall asleep." pushing the box behind her body, proceeding to awkwardly crouch in front of it.

though she didn't have much time, she managed to hide the box well behind her, ensuring that it couldn't be seen by him.

"w-what about you?" she tried inverting the attention away from her with a simple question for the man that stumbled upon her in her suspicious acts.

"i was just getting a cup of water." hendery responded, heading to the sink with his glass cup. flicking on the tap as water gushed out from the tap like it had been waiting for ages, inpatient it was.

the trickling sound of the water sounded so loud in the quiet room they were in, it sounded like a waterfall though it was merely a few drops of water.

"oh, well i thought you were asleep." she spoke cautiously, making sure she didn't make a slip of words, accidentally speaking out her plan would turn into a great disaster.

"i was, until i was awaken by some noises..." his voice trailed off with his eyes laid on her, she knew he was suspicious of her by his tone.

"ahh..i must've woke you up! i'm sorry, i was just well, exploring the house." she exclaimed, as though her words weren't enough, she moved around as she did some hand movements to match up with her speech.

"i mean this is such a lovely place, it'd be a shame if i didn't explore it, right?" she chuckled, she'd be lying if she said her laugh wasn't awkward and unnatural.

she really wasn't the best at lying, she really needed to train on that skill being in such a dangerous world full of lies. it was more beneficial if she had picked up the skills of lying, without it she was as transparent as glass.

"yeah, you really shouldn't be snooping around other people's place y'know?" lucas's voice emitted from the darkness, there he stood, one with the moonlight. his milky skin blended amongst the bright light coming from the moon.

"well, yeah i'm sorry..." chaeri apologised profusely, afraid they had caught onto her plan that she prayed so hard not to be discovered.

quickly shoving the box underneath the table cloth as she stood up. quietly standing there as the two men locked eyes with her.

at that moment, she felt something off with the two of them. she knew they were up to no good and it'd be a wise choice to find a way out of there.

before the worse could happen, she quickly excused herself with a bow and brisk footsteps.

cheers 🥂