There is nothing oridnary about you

It's been a couple weeks sense Varian started in his lab again. He had his books open trying to decipher the Demanates scroll that was hung up. All of a sudden he heard his dad call.
"VARIAN!" He walked outside and saw his dad being trapped in the amber again.
"No, not again!" People from the village appeared surrounding him.
"Trader"
"This is what you deserve!"
"Dad?" Varain jumped awake from his dream still at his desk trying to read the scroll.
"NO! Oh, just a dream" Rudigger jumped on the desk then jumped off telling Varain to follow him. The raccoon lead him to some red rocks.
"That's new" he knelt down to take a closer look but the raccoon got scare and ran off. Varain walked into town trying to find his furry friend. He was calling his name when finally he heard a tussle come from an ally. He ran after the noise and saw a dark small animal jump into another ally. Varain calling and chasing the animal wasn't looking to where he was going and almost ran into two citizens.
"Oh, sorry" Varain smiled while rubbing the back of his neck. "You haven't seen a raccoon anywhere have you?" He asked
"Don't you have a kingdoms to over throw or something?" The shoe maker asked turnning his head around to face the opposite direction.
"Ya" Varain responded laughing a little in awkwardness. The women next to Flespar was holding a baby who started to cry when they meet Varian's eyes.
"Ok" Varain said walking away form the two. After talking with Eugene he felt better and tried to not be down on himself. He started the process of forgiveness for himself and that is what mattered and he knew that. When he turned the corner to walk towards the main streets he spotted his friend.
"Buddy, hey I was looking for ya" but when Varain got on the ground to pick him up he noticed he was like stone. He couldn't move and was covered in red, his face fearful. Varain picked Ruddiger up and was on his way back to his house to study it more, but when he heard Rupunzel and Eugene he started walking towards them, figured they should know about the new rocks as well.
"Look at my hair, my beautiful hair, messed up" Eugene was complaining about the non-existent strain in his hair that was sticking up. Varain holding Ruddiger almost walked straight into the princess not realizing how close they really were.
"AA" She screamed
"Sorry, sorry just me, and Ruddiger, kind of"
"Varain, what's wrong? Is he ok?" Raps asked the young kid.
"Ya, I think so. I think it has something to do with the new rocks. I haven't be able to study them to greath lengths, but their effects are exstraim"
"More exstraim then showing people's their worse fears"
"That's what they do, they show people what they fear the most. And if people remain under that spell for to long, they will be frozen in terror; permanently."
"Varain there you are" he turned and saw his dad walking over to him.
"Dad! What are you doing here"
"I was looking-" Qurion stopped mind sentence as his eyes widon
"Varian, I'm sorry I lied, I did it to protect you, I'm sorry you found out this way"
"Dad, what are you talking about?" Varian ran towards his father but stopped once red started to cover his whole body till he was frozen in terror.
"Nononononononon Dad, Dad. Not again" Varian ran to his dad and hugged the statue. Rupunzel had no idea what to do. Seeing Varian's father slowly being trapped by the red rocks power was scary and she could only imagine how hard and scary this must be for Varian.
"Varian?" Raps quietly called out to him.
"Why Rapunzel, why? Why dose stuff like this keep happening. It wasn't even by fault this time." Varian was crying at the foot of his fathers satue.
"Varian we will figure out how to save your dad, save everyone. I promis you that"
"Princess, please don't promis something that you have no control over. You have no idea how to get rid of the rocks, we don't even know why they are here, how they work. All we know is that they bring fear. So please, you can say we will do everything we can to try to help, but don't promis to solve a problem you don't understand." Varian's voice was cold, no one dare respond.
"Your right, lets go back to the castle and try to work this out, all of us" Raps suggested walking to Varian and putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked up tears seeping down his face.
"Oh Varian" she got down on the ground and hugged him. "Come one, lets go" he nodded and the three of them walked towards the castle.
When they entered Rapunzel exsplaiend to her parents what happened. They looked at the boy and could see he has been crying, the tear stains all over his face. They were concerned for the boy, he has been though so much for such a young age, they couldn't understand how he wasn't braking. What they didn't know was that he was, he was starting to feel numb, after the whole thing with his father, and taking over Corona which he started to forgive himself for, he started the healing process, but this and the visions just brought it all back. He wasn't feeling angry, mad or sad because he felt nothing.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to go on an evil rampage again" he said with no emotion behind any of the words. Everyone noticed this and they didn't know if they should be concerned or scared for the boy.
"Varian, what do you say me and you try to figure this out, team awesome right?" Eugene said sounding chipper.
"Sure team awesome" Varian agreed his voice sounding very plain. The two went to Varian's lab back at his house and tried to figure out what to do. However Varian didn't know what do to, he couldn't figure out how to stop the red rocks, he couldn't  stop the black rocks, so how could Rupunzel exspect him to figure this out. Eugene noticed how different Varian was this time around. Last time he went on a rampage because he couldn't free his dad, now he was just sitting by his desk putting one chemical in one tube and then putting it in another and repeating the motion again and again.
"Varian can I ask a question, you don't have to answer, but I'm just wondering?"
"Are you going to ask why I'm reacting differently?" Varian looked at Eugene for the first time since they arrived and his house. Eugene didn't say anything just shocked. Varian put down the chemicals and signed.
"Taking that as a yes, the reason is because of the diffence, last time it was my fault, last time i was alone, I had no one to talk to, to help me deal with the pain I was in, and i felt like i was a disappointment to him, I just wanted to make him proud. Now I know I have made him proud, now I have you and Rapunzel Lance, Angry and Catalina. I also don't feel angry, i just feel... nothing. Its like I can't feel, its like my brain is trying to protect me from any more pain."
"Varian I can't pretend to know what your going thought or even phathaume but I can only assume that what the rocks show  you is your dad getting trapped in the amber again, so seeing your dad get trapped by the red rocks fear is only your greatest fear coming to life, am I right?"
"Your not wrong. Everyone else they imagine, but for me its real."
"You know the only way to fix this is to figure out how to get rid of the red rocks" Eugene said trying to get the kid back in the mood to fix the problem. A light bulb went off his Varian's head, an idea.
"We don't need to get rid of the rocks, we just need to get rid of the fear power, right. We know we can't get rid of the rocks, we still have the black ones, but if we stop the fear power it will hopefully fix our problem.
"VARIAN YOUR A GUINES!"
"We already kind of knew that, but thanks"
"Hey, don't get a big head kid" Eugene said smiling.
"Like you?" Varian shot back.