Evolving as you go

Varian screamed as Zan Tire dove into his mind.
"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" He screamed in agony, it was nothing he has ever felt before. It felt like his head was going to explode, just then all the pain went away, but also all feeling in his body. He opened his eyes and it was black all around him, he was all alone.
"Am I dead" he asked out loud but then a voice came out of no where
"No, you just dont have control over your body any more. I have a plan on how I can get the sun drop" Zan Tire said in a grimmest tone.
"How?"
"Sience you cant do anything while I have control on your body, I guess it won't hurt to tell you. I plan on destroying what Rapunzel stands for, she is always so happy and cheerful, how do you think she will be when her boyfriend is gone?"
"What do you plan on doing?"
"Not me, you, what do you plan on doing? You will be doing my bitting" Varian's eyes grew with fear. No! He didnt want to do this, he couldn't hurt Eugene, they were family. Just then he heard the Prinsess call out his name. He shouted at her to leave, to go away, but she couldn't hear him, she could only hear the words that the Varian out there spoke.
"No, not Varian, he's being borrowed at the moment. The moonstone needs to be drained, its to powerful, and Varian, he is strong so the best way to drain him is to emotionally drain him. Once he is drained of all the power of the moonstone, it will belong to me" Zan Tire said with a smirk. He heard Rapunzel tell the Demond to let him go but of course she wasn't going to do that, Zan Tire is a villain. He heard her promis they were going to get him out, and for the first time in forever he believed her. While she knows to not promise things with him anymore, this he believed. Rapunzel always finds a way to fix things, save people (even if it takes about a year).
"I like the evil Varian, lets bring him back". Just then Varian was shown what was happening outside.
No Varian though, dad is going to see, no, no, no he is going to hate me.
"Well, well, well, look who we have here" Varain just made a disgust face, but he could see the fear in the others eyes and his dad was confused, but when he looked harder, he could see some hurt as well. His sons voice was so sinister sounding, he had no idea how his son who was always happy and energetic who loved ham sandwiches could sound so evil; it hurt him. Just them Varians body though alchemy balls, but everyone dodged it.
Where did those come from? Varain asked himself. He hated seeing this, his old revengeful self trying to hurt his friends; his family.
"You will pay for what you did to me, to my family, to my dad"
I had some serious issues he looked at his dad and the saw the hurt that was there, the shock. He wanted to hug his dad and apologize but he couldn't, he was trapped inside his mind.
"Son, its me, I'm fine, I'm here"
Dad i know, i know. I see you,
"Your Majesty if you are going to try to trick me at least try to put in some effort, dress up or something I am the smartest person in Corona" When Varian said this out loud, he got scared. If 'he' thinks his dad is the king, who knows what would happen to him. He hated the whole Royal family, the King said he was dangoures, that no one should go near him, Rapunzel never helped him and the Queen did nothing. Within a few minutes he got his dad and Raps stuck in his goo, all that was left was Eugene. Varain called out to him and he appeared behind from the black rocks. He pleaded with Varian, asking him to come back, but evil Varian was not having it.
No, come on, take back your body! You  are going to do something drastic that you will regret! Take back your body he fough, but when he did it only hurt him. It Felt like his body was on fire. He screamed the moment he felt it and stopped.
"Dont take this personally Eugene" Varain saw the ball he held in his hand.
NO! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING! He saw the ball be thrown, it spinning thought the air and it hitting the black rock and forming the treacherous amber. He saw it began to climb up Eugene.
"VARAIN!" He heard the once sweet voice say, but now filled with anger.
"You took the one person I had in my corner, the one person who had my back. The only person who loved me! I'm going to take away the two most important people, Eugene your boyfriend will be incased in amber a long with my dad, maybe you will find a way to free them now. Your dad, I'm thinking of a more permanent method"
I'm about to kill my own father, I just said I would kill the king, my dad heard this, my dad will disown me now! NO! I will not have it end this way! Words were exchanged between father and son when Varian noticed that a sword appeared in his hand.
No
His body pulled it back to get ready to strike.
NOOOOOO THIS. ENDS. NOW!
"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"
————
"Was that?" Lance started to ask, but Catalina finished.
"Varian" she said in a whisper. The four ran to where they heard the sound. When they entered the cite they were confused. Qurin and Rapunzel were in Varians goo but what shocked everyone was Eugene was fully incased in the same amber Varians dad was in. They saw Varian slowly try to get up, but he was so weak he kept stumbling. Varian felt the pain again, all the kicks, slaps and beat downs. The King saw this and jumped to a conclusion.
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE" Varian bearly looked up, his eyes were no longer glowing, but he could barely keep them open. The King did not care, he walked up to the kid and picked him up, standing him on his feet then letting go, only to have him fall back down.
"I AM GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN! WHAT DID YOU DO!" The king bellowed in Varian's face. Varian quivered in a ball, remembering Andrew before he would beat him, he would degrade him calling him a failure, a disappointment. Or Andrew would yell at him while he beat the teen up.
"Please don't hurt me" it was barely audible, but the King, Queen and Qurin heard it. Qurin got angry at the King and spoke up.
"DON'T TOCH HIM! CANT YOU SEE HES HURT!" Varian slowly grabbed a bottle that was in his pocket and rolled it over to his dad.
"Sprinkle it" he bearly spoke. Qurin did as told and once he was free he ran over to his son. The moment Qurin put a hand on Varian he flinched, he was afraid of what his father would say, and after being beaten for basically two days touch was something he didnt like. He pointed to Raps signing to his dad to help her, once she was free she went to set Eugene free form the amber. No one dare ask what happened, they first needed to get out, they were about to ran when they heard that Demond again.
"Run and go prepare, but i have the moonstone now while Varian has nothing left, but I will get the sundrop"
"We need to leave now, I'll carry Varian" Qurin picked up Varian only to have him flinch again. They all ran towards the way they came in. They ran and when they were far enough away they decided to walk, Qurin hopping Varian would fall asleep. Once he thought he was he asked the question that was eatting away at him.
"Was that how he acted? That angry?" He asked the two who were there, the other four looked confused. Eugene explained how Zan Tire posested Varian and brought back revengeful Varian. The four could only imagine how Qurin must feel right now.
"That is for sure how he felt, but I dont think he would have truly killed anyone. I mean he squeeze Cass and the Queen with his atomaton, but kill with his own hand, I dont think so." Eugene said honestly, given the change he truly believes the kid would not have killed anyone.
"He talked like that? About Revenge, and you will pay, and blaming you?"
"Well, i mean, it was close" Rapunzel didnt want to be to blunt and hurt Qurin even more.
"Yes" Lance said.
"I am so sorry" Qurin said, now truly understanding what really happened that night.
He still believed that if only they would have supported Varian, instead of casting him aside non of this would happen, but they knew that, so he didn't bring it up.
"You dont have to aploligize, it was not your fault" Rapunzel said putting a hand on his shoulder. Just then Varian started to breath heavy and turn a little in his fathers arms. They all stop and put him down on the grass.
"No, Andrew, that hurts, I'm sorry, dad please forgive me, dad dont leave. Andrew no! Dad help!" hearing this broke Qurin, he had no idea what the dream was about, it involved Andrew hurting him, but it also involved him and hurting his son in some way. Qurin shook him awake.
"DAD COME BACK!" He yelled he eyes opened agony was the only emotion heard.
"Son I'm right here" Varian looked at his dad, almost as if something was going to happen and when it didn't he looked puzzled. Qurin raised his hand to place it on Varian's shoulder but when Varian saw this he thought different. His eyes grew big, terror rushed over his, he squeezed his eyes shut waiting for the impact, but it never came. Qurin looked baffled.
"Son, I-did-did you think I was-was going to h-hit you?" Varian started to panic.
"I mean, after what happend. Dad i am so sorry, I'm sorry i almost killed you, i am sorry you saw that, but you have to know thats not me, please know that, I'm not an evil person anymore, dad please believe me. I know I don't deserve you as a father, I'm pathetic, stubborn, stupid, and deserve to be hung, but please still love me" he was sobbing at this point. Begging his dad to believe him, almost to still love him. It seemed to Rapunzel and the group that Varian exspected his dad to hate him, to leave him.
"Son, i would never hit you and I know that your sorry, and i am not going anywhere, I promise i will be by your side, and you never were or ever will be an evil person. But Varian, don't ever say those things about yourself again. you are brilliant, creative, funny, a joy to be around and never was or will be a disappointment" Varian hugged his dad tight.
"That was so sweet" Catalina broke the moment and Varian quickly as he could whipped his eyes, cleared his thought and looked at Catalina, but couldn't think of anything to say which caused her to laugh.
"Its ok V, its cute" Varian tried to get up, but was still to weak to walk or even stand.
"I'll carry you" Qurin said.
"I can try to walk"
"Varian you can't even stand" the Queen spoke for the first time in a while. Still wrapping her head around what the boy just said.
"I think your girlfriend is not going to judge you, you were possessed by a Demond who forced you to watch yourself do horrible things"
"Also was beaten up pretty badly,I'm sure you have broken bones" Eugene said picking Varian up. Varian didnt look at Eugene, he was to ashamed. Eugene noticed this and lowed his voice so only Varian could hear.
"Kid, I don't hate you, nor do I blame you, you were possessed, that wasn't you"
"But it once was, you don't get it, I saw what I did thought your eyes this time, I know what I did was wrong, but I never saw it though your eyes, but now I have and I don't understand how you guys could have forgave me."
"To be fair I only forgave you because Rupunzel did" Eugene laughed, but no laughter came form the kid.
"But i would have eventually, look, you need to realize what you did is in the past, thats not you, it never was." Varian just nodded. Some point between then and the castle he feel asleep, so when they entered it woke him up becasue people were scrabbling and yelling. The group rushed him towards the hospital wing in the castle. When Eugene laied him down on the bed, the doctor asked what happened and Rapunzel exsplained everything becasue she was with Varian the most. The doctor took off Varians shirt to get a better look at the bruises he could have. everyone gasped at all the wounds all over his body, the doctor then rolled him on his stomach to cheack his back.
"Son" Qurin whispered. Long marks were all over his back. He was whipped. Varian didn't say anything, knowing what they were looking at. The doctor rushed everyone out of the room so he would be able to fix up Varian and he could already tell his father would be a distraction.
"NO! I NEED TO STAY HERE WITH HIM!" Qurin yelled. Varian flinched at the raised voice, Varian thought he heard anger, but in reality it was fear.
"Sir, you cant, I need to focus on Varian and if you are here it will only take longer, Varian will be ok" Qurin didn't believe this, he knew after today, Varian will heal physically but psychologically, he would be different. Varian was physically and emotionally abused, but Qurin was forced to walk out with the group. Qurin, Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, and Catalina waited to hear form the doctor. The King and Queen had to go back and do their jobs. Ten muients after they left Angry ran in asking a bunch of questions.
"What happened,? where were you? Are you ok? Is it true about Varian, is he hurt?" Catalina explained everything to her sister. It was hard for the young girl, her crush has been abused in many ways and was fully aware a long with the others that he might not be the same kid, the bubble, carefree, happy kid everyone loved. Angry didn't say anything after her sister was done explaining what happened. A few moments later the doctor came back out to give them an update.
"So he has one broken rib which it's a miracle he only has one, I bandaged it up and put some healing oil on the bruises and the marks on his back. The bruses will go away within a week, his marks on his back will fade, but will remain visible. As I exsamanded him more, he had two marks on his chest and a few on his arms. He is going to need your help to heal, and be very patient with him. You can ask if he wants to talk about what happened, but if he says no dont try to push it. He will come to one of you when he is ready. He is awake, you can go see him, but be slow, touch scares him, so don't hug him." And with that he left.
"Would you arrest me if I killed Andrew?" Qurin asked seriously, before Raps could respond Eugene answered.
"No, in fact I'll come with you"
"No, we are not killing anyone" Raps said, "no matter how much we want to" she said through her teeth. Everyone stared at her. That was the darkest they have ever heard her talk. They all walked into the room and saw Varian laying on the bed, looking outside the window.
"Son, I am so grateful you are here" Qurin said sitting on the foot of the bed. Varian said nothing, didnt even look at his father, he wanted to tell them what happened, but the group was so big. He wanted to cry, he wanted to yell, he wanted to die. He looked down at his arm, remembering the whip. He saw the bright red scare, he stared at it for a while and ran his figure over it, he hissed, remembering the sharp sting and the laugher from the Saporians. He finally looked up at everyone. He has learned its best to talk about your feelings then bottling them up.
"Can I only have Dad, Rapunzel and Eugene in the room please. Not to be rude, but"
"Of course" Rapunzel said looking at the other three.
"WHAT!" Lance shouted casing Varian to flinch, when the big guy saw that he imedetlly felt bad and brought the girls with him outside. Once they left the three looked at him curiously.
"I want to tell you what happened"
"Oh son you dont need to tell us now, there is no rush" he went to touch him, but stopped, all he wanted to do was hug his son. He has been hurt by his friends, the kingdom, now Zan Tire and the Saporians have physically and emotionally tortured him.
"I know, but I want to talk about it, I need to talk about it" everyone nodded.
"Dad, this will get intense so just be aware ok" Varian couldn't look his dad in the eyes and tell him that, so much happened to him that  he was sure his dad was going to freak out.
"So after I pushed you guys out of the tower Andrew and his group were teleported, they cuffed me and we teleported back to their hide out. Well more specifically the cell i was kept in." He only looked down, or outside not making eye contact with anyone.
"They knew how to mess with me, chain me to the wall, kind of like how I was in jail" all Qurin wanted to do was hug his son, but he couldn't becasue he didnt know how he would react. He couldn't even put his hand on his shoulder, or leg to indicate of his support; that he was here for him. He also wanted to go punch the King for chaining his son to the wall, but that was a conversation for another time.
"Then Andrew first said that the reason why I betrayed the Saporians was because I saw how 'we' wouldn't win so I helped Rupunzel save Corona from them so I wouldn't get in trouble. He said that is what a true villain does. I of corse fought said that wasn't true and he slapped me, then he started to punch and kick. Every hour or so he would come by and give me a beat down. The next day Rapunzel came, they would beat me up more because they knew that the best way to hurt her, was to hurt me. When Rapunzel exscaped Andrew asked me where she went, I-I wouldn't answer him. So he-he whipped me" the prinsess let out a gasp.
"I'm the reason you got whipped? Varian I-I'm so sorry"
"Prinsess its not your fault, I told you to run, to go get help. Its not your fault. But It hurt so bad, I have never felt anything so painful in my life, well being possessed hurt worse but that's the second thing. By then they uncuffed me knowing very well I couldn't get up, they didn't even close the door. It was horrible, I saw my way out, they taunted me, but with the condition I was in I couldn't leave. Zan Tire is the one who stopped the whipping, she then  possessed my body. Honestly I would rather be whipped then relive that any day. I was fully aware of what my body was doing, I was fully aware of the f-fear in your eyes. You feared me, becasue you knew what I could do, what I did do. I tried to stop myself so many times. I tired taking control of my body when I saw what kind of alchemical ball I had in my hand that was going to be throw at Eugene, I tried so many times. It felt like my body was on fire when I tired. But I couldn't kill my dad." He finally looked up to see tears in everyone's eyes, it took a lot of will power to not hug this boy.
"Varian, can-can I give you a hug, I know physical contact is unconfterble right now, but I need to give you one, please son." Varian nodded and Qurin slowly wrapped his arms around his son ignoring the flinch he felt the moment his hand came in contact to his back. He was so happy that he could touch his son, look at him, talk to him, hug him. He couldn't believe that he was back. He was only gone for two days but it felt like forever. He wanted to hold on to Varian forever so no one could ever hurt him again, but a hug cant last forever. Qurin looked into his son's eyes and the first thing he saw was the big purple and black bruise around his left eye, but other then that there was a cloud of gray, everything light and happy about Varian was being blocked by this cloud of fear.
"Zan Tire is comming back, she has the moonstone, she needs the sundrop to bring corona down. We are doomed, we cant fight a Demond!" Varian shouted.
"We will cross that bridge when we get there, right now, you need to relax and get some sleep and food." His dad told him. Just then Redigger came flying in, he ran up Varian, ran all over his chest, but stopped when he saw the marks on his arm. The raccoon then looked up to his friends face and saw the brusise, his eyes widen and curled up right on his neck having his tail wrap around his neck in a way of hugging the poor boy. Everyone was surprises that Varian didn't flinch or move when Ruddiger ran all over him, but decided not to question it.
"Son I was thinking that you could stay here instead of brining you home, but dont worry i will be here as well, sleeping on that bed" Qurin said pointing to an extra bed. Varian nodded not really knowing what to do, but then a question popped in his mind.
"How long did you know?"
"what?" Qurin knew what he meant but he wanted to prolong the topic as much as possible.
"That i was the rightful owner of the moonstone? How long?" Qurin signed.
"Since you were a baby, you were hit with it when King Edmond tried to destroy it" Varian was shocked, he thought that they were being more open with each other, he started to wonder if his dad even trusted him.
"Then why didn't you tell me, why did you keep this from me?"