Catalina

Disclaimer, this chapter contains talk and attempt of sexual assault (two guys corner her and try to get her alone) and some degrading words. If this triggers you please don't read it

Rapunzel, Varian, Catalina and Angry were on the wagon that Max was pulling. They were off to return all the stuff the two ex-theifs had stolen. Varian asked to tag a long to get items for the market for his experiments, but also to spend time with his lovely girlfriend.
"Do you have any idea how many more chemical test I will be able to run. AA SO EXCITED." Catalina laughed watching her boyfriend geek out over stuff she didn't understand. She loved watching how entueastic he was, she loved seeing him happy. The light from his eyes that shown when he smiled just warmed her hart.
"Nerd" Angry said making Catalina lightly slap her sister on the shoulder.
"That was rude" the two started arguing, Varian laughed at how defensive she can get when people talk about him. Rapunzel jumped form the back to the front where Varian was sitting.
"We are glad your here" she said giving him a side hug. With in a few hours they have arrived at the market and once the girls returned everything the four split up, the couple going together while Raps and Angry went on their own. Catalina and Varian walked up to the Alchemy store to get the supplies Varian was geeking out about. They were waiting in line, but it was so long.
"I'm going to find Angry or Raps ok?" Catalina said, Varian smiled and gave a nod, giving her a quick kiss on the lips and she ran out.
"That's adorable, how long have you two been dating if I may ask?" The person behind him asked. Varian turned around and it was an elderly man around his 80's, Varian blushed when he called the the two of them adorable.
"Coming up on two months" Varian didnt think he could blush more but it felt like his face was on fire with a big grin starting to form.
"Oh Richered, you are making the boy embarrassed, let him love his girl in peace" his wife butted in once she got back in line holding a case of acid.
While Catalina was walking around looking for her sister or the Prinses she was confronted by two boys who looked to be in their twenty's who both had nasty looks in their eyes.
"Hey darling, what you doing all alone?" One of the guys said walking up to her, he had thin glasses and brown hair in a small pony tail. Catalina turned around to walk the other way only to be stopped by the second guy, he had short blond hair and blue eyes, nothing that looked like Varian's ocean, safe blue ones.
"Answer the question" he said. Catalina forgot how to move she was so scard, she has never been confronted like this before. They were about six feet tall and she just scraped being five feet. They towered her and they knew how to use that fear.
"I-I'm not, I-I'm h-here with my boy-boyfriend and-and friends" she was so angry that she stuttered, they now knew for a fact she was scared, thought they already knew that with the fear that never left her eyes or the fact her body was shaking. She needed Varian.
"I dont see your so called boyfriend"
"Then turn around" Varian knew how to channel his evil side, and sometimes it was hard when he would do it for fun, but this was the eaiserest it has been since he discovered it.
"Leave her alone, before you lose your life." Varian's dark voice rose and it surprised the two boys, but didn't scare then off.
"What are you going to do? Your a nerd" the one with glasses spoke. Varian grinned evilly and responded
"That I am" he though one of his alchemy balls at the man with glasses, he got stuck in the famous pink goo.
"WHAT IS THIS STUFF!" He hollered.
"Alchemy" Varian responded grabbing Catalina and the two started running.
"Come back here, we aren't finished with the b*tch" that made Varian stop in his tracks.
"What did you call her?" Varian asked turning around.
"Your dead" Catalina told the guy smirking.
"You heard what I called your girlfriend. A B*TCH. Women, good for nothing."
"You think you are better then every women?" Varian clearifeid before he went into how that whole statement was wrong.
"No, men are better then women"
"I know a girl who can beat ass with a frying pan, my girlfriend and her sister use to be the best thief's known, I also know another girl who could just beat you in any fight. Also with an attitude like that no wonder you feel the need to corner them. Oh also" and he thought his pink goo alchemy balls and it hit the guy, trapping him where he was. The two started walking away when the guy called out to him.
"I will find you and make you pay"
"Been there, done that" Varian called back. Varain and Catalina could hear him responded but just ignored them. Once they were out of his view Varian turned to Catalina.
"Are you ok? Did they hurt you, touch you, I can go punch him if you want me to, or if he needs it" she didn't respond only hugged him as tight as she could. She started to cry and Varian hugged her as tight as he could.
"They are never comming near you again, ok" he said cupping her cheeks.
"Varian, I was so scard. I dont know what happend, I just forgot how to move, and fight"
"Hey, they intimated you, I'm sure they have been doing it for a long time"
"I felt helpless" Catalina said looking down ashamed of herself.
"Hey, you are anything but helpless, ok you are strong, brave and independent, but we all need help at times." Varian explained. Varian gave her another reassuring hug. "I will never let anything happen to you. To lighten the mood I was told by an elderly couple that we are adroble" Catalina blushed and with her head still up agents his chest because of the hug she heard Varian's hart pick up when she laughed.
The two found their way back to the wagon to find the others waiting for them. Catalina didn't want to tell the two, or anyone what happened. Varian was agent that idea but agreed not to say anything because he didn't want to cause more of a problem, and she is the one who experience the trauma, not him.
"Where have you been?" Angry asked sounding angry. Catalina couldn't think of a reason so Varian pipped up.
"Long time at the alchemy store" Angry raised an eyebrow indicating she was questing he was telling the truth, but decided it was better to let it be, after all they are a couple and who knows what they were doing. As the group started heading back to Corona they took a short cut thought the forest and down a path where a lot of thieves hung out, waiting to jump someone.
"Relax V, only low key thieves hang out here, we are not in any real danger" Angry exsplained, just then they heard wrestling in the bushes, Catalina quickly took Varin's arm grabbing it for deal life, afraid it could be the two guys. While Varian was afraid, he had to be strong for his girlfriend. He put his arm around her keeping her close, Angry saw this and was confused. Catalina was never nerves about things like this, what changed. Just then Dwayne jumped out of the bushes, everyone including Catalina calmed down and rolled their eyes.
"Hi Dwayne" they all growned.
"Oh, Hi Prinsess"
"I thought we talked about this, leave this behind and get a job" the Prinsess said. Dwayn ran off after finishing his conversation he had saying that he was going to go get a job right now. Angry looked down and saw a neckles in the shape of a shell.
"That's pretty, did you get that at the market?" Raps asked the dark haired girl. She shook her head and told her that she just found it now. As the four talked amusgest themself's they didn't notice how the animals, Max, Ruddiger, Pasckel and amual ( bird) were all annoying each other. Max saw a bright red apple hanging from a tree, Ruddiger noticed this and ran up the tree and took it. He then stuck out his tongue which only made the horse mad. Max ran after the raccoon and chased him around the tree.
"Wow" everyone said as they all fell to one side. Varain fell on top of Catalina, she stiffened, then noticed it was Varian and calmed down. They made eye contact, he tried to hide the hurt in his eyes. He scared her because those guys made it so she feared any man who got close to her, even her boyfriend. She looked away ashamed that she feared her boyfriend. Just then they all found themself's trapped in the shell.
"What happend?" Rapunzel and Varian asked at the same time.
"I don't know, one moment we all find ourselves up agents the wagon, then trapped in here" Angry said. Catalina didn't say anything just was looking off to the side. Varian noticed this and asked if she was alright, she just brushed it off and went to stand next to her sister. Varian was wondering now if he did something wrong, if he real did scare her.
"How do we get out?" Angry and Rapunzel didn't notice the odd behavior between the couple, or they did and just wanted to let it be, and not get involved.
"I don't know" Rapunzel responded to Angry's question.
"We have to do something, we can't just sit here" Varian said joining the conversation. He looked off noticing how Catalina was isolating herself from the conversation.
"Guys let's look around, there has to be something here that can help us" Rapunzel said sounding optimistic. The group looked around Catalina staying close to Angry.
"Hey sis what's up with you?" Angry asked her quietly.
"Nothing, I'm fine" she snapped back.
"Fine, whatever" Angry walked around, leaving Catalina feeling alone. Varian took a deep breath and walked over to his girlfriend who was in emotional pain.
"Catalina, please talk to me." Catalina jumped when she heard his voice, and it did not go unnoticed by Varian. "I know I can never understand what happen to you, but you can still talk to me. Is this because I feel on top of you. I didn't mean to, I swear" Varian tried to continue the conversation but she didn't respond, she only walked away from him. He signed and continued looking for something to help them. Varian moved a pillow aside and found a plac on the ground.
"GUYS LOOK!" Rapunzel and Angry were right behind him looking to see what he found, Catalina was farther back.
"It looks like antient writing, could be early Saporian."
"Or it could be this accident writing called its upside down" Angry teased, Varian blushed out of embarrassment. "For someone who is a Genius that was pretty stupid" Angry laughed turning to Catalina exspecting her to defend Varian, but there was nothing. Angry became worried about her sister, she was always defending Varian and now she wasn't. Something happened between the two when they were at the market. She was brought back to reality when Rapunzel, started reading.

For those who knew
One or two
Hide in a lie
From your ally
Tell the truth
To be set free

"They really didn't try did they, to rhyme the word truth" Varian stated.
"Lazy writing if you ask me" Angry said folding her arms.
"So one or more of us is hiding something, well who is it" Angry said looking at everyone. Varian did his best to not look at Catalina.
"I think it's Varian!" Angry pointed to him angrily, he looked at her shocked. Sure he was keeping a secret, but it wasn't his to share. He looked dumbfounded that she would think that.
"Ok, and what is this secret that I am hiding them" he yelled back.
"Well I don't know THATS WHY ITS CALLED A SECRET!"
"Guys come on, let's talk this out." Raps tried to get the two to calm down.
"I THINK YOU HURT CATALINA" Varian promised himself he was never loose control of his anger again, but his hurt. To have someone think he hurt her.
"I WOULD NEVER! YOU ONLY THINK THAT BECAUSE OF WHAT I DID TO RAPUNZEL AND HER PARENTS!"
"THAT IS NOT TRUE! YOU BOTH LEFT HAPPY AND WHEN YOU BOTH CAME BACK THERE WAS THIS FOG! NOW SHE WONT EVEN COME CLOSE OR EVEN TALK TO YOU! WHAT HAPPEND!"
"ITS NOT MY STORY TO TELL!" Varian yelled back at Angry. All three looked at Catalina now who was crying up against the side of the shell. Rapunzel walked up to the girl and put her hand on her arm, causing Catalina to flinch. Watching that pained Varian, he knew what it's like to be afraid to human touch.
"Varain- Varian didn't do anything to me." Catalina spoke up, "he saved me"
"Then why won't you let him come near you" Angry questioned. That caused Catalina to cry confusing the two females. Varian ignored his mind which told him to stay put, and listened to his boyfriend intuition and sat next to her, making sure to not touch her. She felt his presents and looked at him. She saw how hurt and sad he looked. Seeing his girlfriend in such agony and he couldn't do much about it, this had to be what his father felt, in some way at least.
"Catalina" Varian started to speak in a soft and calming voice. "Do you want me to tell them what happend." He asked her, she nodded and leaned into him, placing her head on his chest. She then wrapped her hands around his waist, for some reason when Varian said he would tell them the story she felt this rush of safety return but she didn't know how long it would last. Varian being gentle and patient really helped her and hopefully she won't lose it again. Varian told the girls what happend, how those two men tried to corner her and said some unkind names.
"Where are they now?" Angry asked balling her hands into fists, no one messes with her sister.
"They are stuck back at the market. I trapped them with my pink goo."
"How will they get out?" Raps asked.
"THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE LET OUT!" Angry hollowed at the Princess, Varain nodded in agreement.
"They don't, but we still need to do the right thing"
"Do we?" Varian asked, "it doesn't matter, in two days it will dissolve."
"Why would they do that?" Raps asked.
"Because she's is a beautiful girl who was alone and they could."
"Are you saying I should have been with someone?" Catalina shocked everyone when she spoke.
"WHAT! NO! You should be able to be alone and not have fear of that happening."
"I'm sorry Varian, I know thats not what you meant, its just. I don't know" Varian hugged her and kissed her cheek.
"It's ok, you don't have to apologize. I'm just happy that you are letting me come close to you again" Varian smiled at her showing off his buck teeth. Catalina leaned into his cheat again agreeing with him. Just then they where thrown out of the shell, they expected to see Max, Ruddiger and Pasckel but saw non of their furry friends.
"Where are the animals?" Angry asked the question everyone was wondering.
"I-I don't know" the group walked around, Catalina holding Varian's hands and walking really close. After roaming around the forest for about ten muients they finally ran into the animals.
"RUDDIGER!" Varian shouted dropping Catalina hand and running to pick up his friend. "BUDDY YOUR OK!" Varian hugged his raccoon and looked over at Catalina who was standing completely still. She was stif, nothing was going to move her. Varian put Ruddiger on his shoulders and walked back to Catalina, placing his hand in hers again. Max showed up with the other animals on his back, but glared at Ruddiger.
"STOP! let's all just go home, ok" Raps yelled at the two animals. Everyone hopped onto the wagon and headed home.
"I know it doesn't seem like it, but you will come out of it. I know what I went though and what you went through are different, but they are also close in common. I may not be able to relate 100 percent, but I know what it's like to be afraid of human touch, to be scared out of your mind, to have certain things trigger you. Catalina you are strong and tough you will heal even though it seems like you won't. You can talk to me about the nightmares. I know I can never relate to this, but know I will do everything I can to help you". Varian said sitting right across from her, holding her hands.
"Thank you for understanding. I also had no doubt in my mind you would be there to help me."

——————-
I know it's not Thursday but the last chapter was short and I felt bad