Of coure im excited, I am with you

A couple of weeks have gone by and finally Varian was able to leave the hospital and was asked by Rapunzel to meet him in the throne room for something. He gladly walked to the room and was wondering what she wanted to talk about. He felt so much better, the emotional baggesge he had left, he no longer felt the guilt he was caring, he no longer felt like he needed to prove to the citizens that he has changed. He felt like himself again and he couldn't be happier. Sure the physical scares were not going away, they have only faded, but the weeks he was in the hospital with his friends talking about what he went thought and just talking about whatever really helped him. He was starting to be able to except hugs again, only form a few people. His dad, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Catharine, those four were with him every step of the way, they made sure he was never alone, unless he wanted to. He opened the door to the big room and was surprised when he saw almost the whole town there, there was a huge sign that said 'welcome back Varian'. No one yelled surprised, probably because they didn't know how he would react to a bunch of people yelling, he was only greeted with smiles which was all he could ask for.
"Thanks guys, you really didn't have to though" he said smiling at everyone.
"You helped save Rapunzel, you helped save everyone here, we thank you" Xsavier said.
"Even though you ended up giving  Zan Tire the moon stone" the shoe maker said making himself known. Varian rolled his eyes having them land on a certain girl across the room. They locked eyes, Varian quick to find the floor very fascinating. Qurin and Eugene noticed the boy's odd behavior and looked across the room to where he was looking at saw Catalina and lightly laughed. Varian took a deep breath and walked over to the red head but kept getting caught by people thanking him for saving the Prinses and saying how happy they were he was back and safe, (which he didnt belive some of the people who said that) but that didnt matter at the moment. The only thing that mattered to him was the girl across the room, he was going to do it. Once he approached her, Angry showed up beside her sister locking her arm around hers. Varian was not prepared for this, he expected to be alone with her, he didn't want to ask in front of Angry.
"Hey V" Angry said in a knowing voice, like she knew what he was planing on asking.
"Um... Hi Angry" he said scratching the back of his neck looking away not wanting to meet eye contract with Catalina.
"What are you doing" she asked him, now he knew that she knew his plan. He was wondering why she was stopping him, she knew he wasn't a bad guy, in fact they were one of the first citizens to give him a second change.
"Angry can I talk to Catalina"
"Of course, what do you got to say?". She was not going to make this easy, but thankfully Catalina helped out.
"Angry, can I talk to Varian alone, please" she asked turning to her sister. Angry looked at her sister in shock, they were normally on the same page, there were times where they weren't, but this was huge. Angry whispered something in Catalinas ear and she just rolled her eyes. Angry walked off heading towards Lance, hoping he could stop what was about to happen.
"Can we talk outside, I don't want to get interrupted again" Varian said rather softly, Catalina only nodded. He took her hand and led her outside.
Angry walked up to Lance who was now talking to Eugene and Qurin.
"Lance, Varian is going to ask Catalina out" she said crossing her arms. Lance nodded his head, like he knew already.
"We know" Eugene responded for Lance.
"Are you going to do something about it?" Angry asked.
"Why? Varian is a great kid, sure he made some mistakes, and had a huge self dougt thing going on, but he knew not to get into a relationship during that time. Not that he could have even asked, he was way to nerves." Lance said, ever since Varian stared to help and tried to over come his struggles Lance started to approve of him more and more, he knew Catalina liked him and wanted to give Varian a far chance. While Varian already passed the boyfriend approval when the two were in the Demanatis chamber trying to figure out the scroll he respected him hundreds time more when he sacrificed himself to save everyone.
"Angry, I approve of Varian he is respectful, kind and caring."
"He is going to hurt her" before Lance could respond Eugene pipped in.
"Well he is a fifteen year old boy, of course he is going to hurt her, he is going to forget some day that is important, he is going to say something that she wont like and wont realize it, even when she clearly says why she is mad. Boys are stupid that way, he is the brightest person here, but at the end of the day, he is still a fifteen year old boy" Lance and even Qurin nodded. Angry rolled her eyes and walked off, she knew once her sister got a boyfriend, she would see less and less of her.
Varian and Catalina were outside, and alone at last. Varian started into her bright green eyes, they were so joyful and happy. Her whole face looked more up beat then it has within the past few weeks. He smiled just looking at her, the butterflies started forming  and he didnt know what to say or do. He opened his mouth to talk, but nothing came out. Catalina laughed, she could tell he was nervous, his blue eyes showed he was apprehensive, but had a little spark of excitement. She decided to help him, she would ask him, but he was the one to start it, it was only right for him to finish it, and besides she had this play out in he head over and over she was not going to change any of it.
"Did you want to ask me something?" She smiled.
"Yes, so um... I dont know if you know, probably not, unless someone told you. Oh I hope no one did, becasue that would be embarrassing. I want to tell you, and ask you, if I get the change to, if I get the courage to" half way through he started to pull an Edmond, speaking his thoughts out loud.
"Varian" Catalina said taking his hand in hers. Varian blushed, embarrassed.
"Sorry, um... So" he took a deep breath. "I really like you, and have for a while, like I realize I did when we went on the hunt for the treasure that ended up putting the whole kingdom is danger." They both laughed remembering getting attracted by spirts. "Any way, if you don't like me I understand, I am an ex-criminal, I still have A pretty low self-esteem, and if it upsets you then thats ok, I guess. If it doesn't I would really like for you to be my girlfriend." Catalina smiled and wrapped her arms around his torso.
"Yes, yes ,yes a Thousand times yes. Also your not a criminal, and your self-esteem is getting there"