Nothing left to lose

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't let her hurt you, I couldn't loose you. I know I messed up again, but." He was interrupted by Cass.
"Oh Varian, always messing up, always a disappointment, always letting people down".
"NO!" Varian took a deep breath. He had to reason with her, he is the only one who knows what she feels.
"Cassandra your angry I get it" Varain started, looking at Cass then a shot a quick glance at Raps. "Believe me I know what its like" he understood what drove her down this road, he looked down at his hands remembering the hate he had to his friend "but you are making a mistake" he said taking a quick look at his dad. Qurin eyes were glossing, Varian never liked talking about his evil phase with his dad, even though he has made him feel better, he still hated it. Remembering what he did, how he hurt so many people, and how he could have injured them in the process.
"The path of hate is a dangoures track
You take one step and it hard to turn back
It pulls you along
And tho it seems wrong
It feels right" he started singing trying to get her attention.
"Don't you see this path your on leaves a percent mark
It feels good at first, then it slowly turns dark
With each passing day your further astray from the light" you could see the pleading look on his face when talking to Cass, but she was having non of it. She would walk away form him but ever now and them he could see that what he was saying was getting to her, but change just as fast as it came. When Rapunzel and Eugene heard Varian sing about the path he went down they both remembered the fun loving adorable kid changed into this revengeful, evil manipulative child. Started with giving the scroll of Raps, then stealing the flower and finally the atomatons.
"Sudelly you lose your way and lose the thread
Lose your cool then lose your head
Every lose is harder to excuse
Then your'll see you're lose your faith and lose your soul
Till you lose complete control and realize there's nothing left to lose
Nothing left to lose" everyone could only think that he is talking about getting into an automaton and trying to kill Rapunzel and her family when sining about how losing control and each action he took he only kept digging a bigger whole for himself. This is the most Varian has explained of how he felt after and during everything. Starting out how it feels good and day by day getter get darker and darker. Varian grabbed Cass's hand making sure that he heard her.
"Cass trust me becoming the villain isn't the answer" Raps, Eugene, Lance and his dad felt a pit grow in their stomach hearing their friend and son say that about himself. Catalina did not see that in him, she was there but he was not a villain in her eyes and the others did the same, non of them considered him a villain, just a kid who made horrible desisitons out of anger. A villain doesn't regret what they do, but Varian dose, it haunts him, a villain wouldn't do that.
"IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK I AM?!" Cass shouts at him making him jump back.
"If the shoe fits" Eugene said so only the three others could hear.
"The path I'm on is a path paved in black
I'm taking that road and I'm not looking back
Each twist and each turn leases straight where I am yearning to go
Yes its true my path is dark but i see where it ends
My rivals will fall as my power asends
Despise me that's fine I'm taking what's mine even so
Not like you
You lost your nerve
You lost the game
But you and i were not the same
I'm not lost this fate was mine to chose
So i chose to lose my droughts and lose my chains
Lose each weakness that remains
Now that i have nothing left so lose
Nothing left to lose" Varian intervened doing his best to hold the rock from destroying the painting of Rapunzel.
"You have so much to hold on too" Cass getting annyored pushed Varian with a bunch of rocks as he went flying to the other side of the room.
"VARIAN" Qurin yelled but seeing his son get up eased his pain. He knew the secret will not be hidden for much longer, he is going to find out; today.
"I only want my rightful dues"
"Listen please"
"You lost your grip and lost your mind" "Lose"
"All's not lost doesn't be so blind" "I'm not gonna lose"
"Cut your losses drop the" "I refuse"
"IOU" "I refuse"
"Ooooohhhhhh
"I lose no tears and lose no sleep" "Chose"
"What I want I'll take and keep" "its time for you to chose"
"You can stop"
"turning of the screws" "Turning of the screws"
Cass created a rock cage for Varian just like for the others. Varian made one last attempted.
"Cassie, please its not worth it" the nicknamed stung because he was the only one that called her Cassie, and she hasn't heard it in so long. She didn't realize that she missed it, but then the voice knocked some sense into her.
"Remember what I told you, you and the chosen one will rule together, he is only trying to hold you back from your true destiny"
Cass looked to the ground then looked back at Varian, his eyes meeting hers begging, pleading with her to see what she is doing is wrong.
"your'll stay in this cage till this is done, and just in case you think of escaping" she pushed the cage out the window a good fifteen feet away from everyone with a hundred foot drop.
"VARIAN!" Everyone called as they saw their friend disappear.
"Now, for the real reason why Qurin is here. You were a guardian of the moon stone, you know who is the rightful owner of the moon stone, the one who can destroy all, the one who can destroy Rapunzel" she said with a wicked smile. Rapunzel couldn't see this, this was not the Cass she knew, the Cass she knew would never hurt someone (ok, this bad), would never do anything like this. She has Varians dad wrapped around in rocks, pushed Varian out the window about one hundred feet off the ground. She looked at Eugene and Lance and they had the same expression on their face. They were sure if anyone could stop Cass it would have been Varian, but this just showed how far she was in this. Catalina was looking out side trying to see if she could see Varian.
"I will never tell you"
"Oh, I think you will, you weren't going to tell me where your son was, but look, you did, I can do it again" Qurin didnt answer, no way was she knowing the truth.
"Fine, what to make this difficult and painful for you" she brought back Varian knowing that hurting his son will make him talk. She formed rocks around his body and started to slowly squeezed him. Varian screamed in agony.
"Tell me who the moon stone belongs to, or I will kill Varian right here and right now" Varian looked into his dads eyes and shook his head, but Qurin had to save his son.
"Varian" he said quietly looking down, seeing his son getting squeezed to death was terrifying and painful. He didnt have any other choice.
"You exspect me to believe that this little kid is the one who is destined to destroy Rapunzel!" She looked back at Varian who was still held tight in the rocks.
"he was blasted by it as a baby. I was holding him when King Edmond tried to destroy it. That's how he got the stripe in his hair" Cass rolled her eyes and went to Varians bag and pulled out the last drop of truth surim.
"Fine, if you dont care about your son enough to tell me who then I will force you" she kneed Qurion in the stomach causing him to yell in pain and the last drop of the surim hit Qurin's lips.
"Who is the rightful owner of the moonstone." She asked. Qurin fought it. There was no way he was going to give up his son again.
"No-n-no, I-I ca- uh, V-NO" he shouted in pain. His dad wouldn't fight this much to protect just anyone, only one person. Varian. Varian knew this, he was telling the truth. The truth surim is very powerful, it's designed so you can't over power it and if you try it hurts you on the inside, so for his dad to be fight the pain.
"Dad- just say it. I understand, please don't fight the pain, it will only get worse. I can't see you in pain"
"B-but, you w-will" thats when Varian lost it.
"CASS ITS ME ALRIGHT, THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON MY DAD WOULD FIGHT THIS HARD TO PROTECT, and thats me." Cass looked at Qurin to see if this was correct but it was confirmed when she heard a faint 'Varian' come form his lips. Rapunzel looked at Varian and you could see the fear that he had. He's not a bad kid, so how was he suppose to destroy her. Cass released Varian from the rocks, he fell to his knees and tried to catch his breath.
" I guess I was wrong, I think we should start over, what do you think" she said putting her hand out as if to shake it. He looked down at it then up at her he shook his head.
"I'm not going down that road again. Cass give me the stone, so me and Rapunzel can destroy them. Get rid of them, once and for all, all they have down is cause trouble. Nothing good has come form the stone." it was his turn to hold out his hand, but Cass just glared at him.
"NO! Its said that the chosen one will destroy the sun drop"
"Don't you think that could also mean the actual sun drop, NOT Rapunzel?"
"NO I KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS THEN YOU! Zan Tiri told me. YOU are suppose to bring destruction and terror. You once hatted Rapunzel as much as I do, surly you still have that anger somewhere. She never did pay for leaving you, for throwing you out in the storm. A fourteen year old boy, begging for help, and how did they treat you" she looked over at Rapunzel dead in the eyes "they though you out, they locked you away when all you needed was their help, someone by your side" the boy was so confused. What was he suppose to do, he knew if he took the stone, he will be able to set his father and friends free, but will the stone change him the way it has changed Cass and she had a point, Rapunzel never suffered.
"Your right Cass" Varian calmly said looking at the ground then back up at Cass with an evil smile. "I never truly liked Corona, I mean they never liked me form day one, so why try to be friends with them."
"Varian, you know I'm sorry how everything played out last year, please don't do this" Rapunzel called out to Varian gripping the bars tight out of frustration.
"You brought this on yourself prinsess, sorry doesn't cut it, I spent six months chained to a wall because they were afraid I would try to escape. I had about ten feet to walk around while you were off, you were free! I WATCHED MY DAD SLOWLY BEOCME INDULGED BY THE BLACK ROCKS!" Eugene was about to join in but was cut off when he heard Varians dad speak.
"Varian, I'm sorry I never told you, I'm sorry, but this isn't you, your not a hateful person" Varian was getting angrier and angrier the more he heard his dad talk.
"QUITE! You dont know me dad, you were in amber for a year, a part of me died and something new grew, so dont act like you understand or know me. You never did anyway" He didnt realize he was just inches away from him. He has never once yelled at his dad, not like this at least, and his dad had no idea how to react to that. Qurin looked over to Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance and Catalina and mouth an 'I'm sorry' they only nodded.
"Cass, give me the stone, teach me how to use it."
"Cassandra, give him the moon stone, show him, teach him to wheel the power" Zan Tire smiled grinning ear to ear, in a matter of moments she was going to be free. Cass took the stone out screamed in pain but gave the stone to Varian. The boy looked at the stone for a second, seeing his reflection and took a deep breath. He shoved the stone in his chest blue lighting flew around the room all connecting to Varian. His once dark hair now a bright light blue, his gloves, apron, shirt and pants gone only black rocks covering his body. He felt powerful, and he loved it.
"First thing you need to know, rocks form from your emotions. Red is fear, I believe you know about that right?" Cass laughed as she walked towards his dad.
"Let's put on a show? They can watch as you master your power and then we can deal with them".
"Sounds like a lovely idea Cassi" he looked over at Rapunzel betrayal written all over her face, is he doing the right thing? He asked himself, but didnt get any change to have a mental conversation because was intruded by Cass. While Cass showed Varian how to control the rocks the four stuck in the cage were talking.
"This isn't good" Lance said stating the obvious.
"Oh what gave you that idea Lance, was it the fact that Varian has complete control of the rocks and he hates us again." Eugene whispered yelled. He really thought that his younger friend has changed, no, little brother. He thought that he was over this, that he has forgiven them. The way he would talk about the guilt he felt everyday, he didn't know what to think, he just knew that this time it hurt more.
"I dont think thats it, I mean dont you remember what happened ten minutes ago, he tried to reason with her, exsplain that becoming this is bad." Rapunzel said, trying to convince herself more then the others. She didn't want to believe this.
"ya, till he became power hungry" Lance pointed out.
"No, there's something there, something different from evil Varian, to now evil Varian."
"I don't believe this is Varian, i mean, raps is right there is something different." Catalina joined in.
"I don't know MAYBE BECASUE HE HAS CONTROL OF THE ROCSK" Eugene yelled this, which caused everyone to turn and look at him.
"What was that Eugene? Want to see what I can do with the rocks, I know you haven't been paying attention. All of you talking about me as if I'm not here, as if I cant hear you. Believe it Rapunzel, I think you need to reevaluate yourself becasue your best friend betrayed you and one of your friend betrayed you twice so, you should really think about that" Varian said with his famous evil grin.
"Varian, stop! Think about what you are doing, what you are becoming" his dad made one last attempt to make him see what he was doing was wrong. "Son, I told you no matter what mistakes you make I will always love you, and that still stands, please son"
"Sorry dad, guess I am a disappointment after all" Varian opened the cage having the rocks grab Eugene and Catalina pulling him close to him.
"Eugene, Eugene, why are you making me do this. I dont want to hurt you, but it seems like Rapunzel isn't getting the hit, is she. She is stubborn, we can all agree to that." Varian saw the window that Cass made when she pushed him out, his right side of his mouth grinned, he looked at the window then to Eugene then back at the window. That's when Eugene understood what he was going to do.
"Team awesome is back" Varian whispered so only Eugene could hear.
"Varian no! Rapunzel, I love you" and then Varian pushed him out the window and you could hear his screams as he fell towards the ground.
"EUGENE!" Rapunzel and Lance yelled, Qurin couldn't look anyone, he felt like this was all his fault, if he would have just told Varian about this, if he was there for his son more, if he only made sure his son knew how proud he was of him maybe he might not be where he is.
"Catalina, it was nice hanging out with you, but I have other plans now. Don't have time for you" that broke the girls hart. Her crush just killed her inside. All hope of being a couple went out the window, and so did she. Cass went to go look but Varian quickly closed the window. Zan Tire could feel herself become more and more powerful, The more he use the stone the more powerful she got to free her self. Varian had no knowledge of this, there was nothing on the scroll of how using the power could release Zan Tire, maybe if he knew this he would not be using the power of the stone. Varian looked over at his dad, disappointment showed and it still killed him inside. He knew he needed to end this, just didnt know how. That's when he got an idea.
"So, Cass, I know we agreed that we would take over Corona together, but the way I see it, you would just get in the way."
"WHAT!" Cass yelled. "I got the stone, I gave you the stone, I did all the work!" She argued.
"Thank you, but you are not the owner of the stone, you can not control the stone to its full power. I DO!" He yelled as he made a cage for Cass just like the one she made for him and the others. He then looked over at Rapunzel, Lance and his dad.
"And for you three" he said walking up to the cage that held Raps and Lance, then a look at his dad.
"What do you say we get out of here" and he let the bars of the cage fall back to the ground and the rocks that were holding his dad let him go. His dad fell to his knees panting a little but was pushed over when he felt two hands wrap around him.
"Dad I am so sorry I yelled at you, and said all those things, I just needed Cass to believe me, I knew what would sell it, me yelling at you. Saying what I said. Please forgive me, dad please believe me" Varian had tears in his eyes as he said this, his dad was about to answer but Varian was pulled away by Rapunzel, her face red fully of furry.
"WHERE. IS. EUGENE" she yelled holding his shoulders tight.
"AND CATALINA!" Lance added with the same amount of anger and loudness.
"They're fine, they only fell like ten or fifteen feet. They will have some bruises and scratches but they are fine, they're a live" he said calming his breathing wiping the teasers form his eyes.
"Prove it" she said narwing her eyes. He opened the window back up and brought the two back, Varian was right they did have bruises and a lot of scratches but a live.
"Ok, next time you do that, can I not fall like twenty feet" Eugene said holding his head.
"It needed to sound like you feel far. I'm sorry for everything I said to you guys, non of it is true, I just needed Cass to give me the stone, then I wanted to get you guys out one by one. I was able to get Eugene and Catalina out but she was wanting to me hurt Rapunzel, and I couldn't do that." Catalina ran to him and hugged him
"You might have fooled everyone, but I knew there was no way someone who just had a Medle contest, who had hot chocolate and gotten embarrassed when hosting the contest would turn evil." Varian just smiled. The group started to hear laugher, it wasn't Cass's and non of them were laughing they looked behind and saw a black whole that was getting bigger and bigger till finally a little girl appeared and looked directly at Varian.
"Together we will take over Corona"
"I just freed theses guys, why would I do that" he asked her as if it was the dummest question ever asked.
"Well, I know a lot about you Varian, once I found out who the chosen one is I decided to do some research and I was happy to find that you had an evil streak. that you did help take over Corona with your old friends, but then had a change of heart. Did you know that Andrew is looking for you. He wants to make you suffer, and of corse being the good guy and might I say also brave, the best way to get to you is thought the people you love, and who do you love the most?" Varian eyes widen and jumped in front of his dad before Zan Tire could do anything.
"What do you want? The sun drop is more powerful so even if I did, she would still win" Varian was confused and in a panic.
"The sun drop needs to be destroyed so I can rule, and if you work with me no one will get hurt or I can call the Saporians here within a second, so dose destoring the sun drop sound better now?".
"Fine"
"Varain?" Rapunzel and Quirin said together. Varain turned around looked Rupunzel right in the eye and nodded, telling her to trust him she nodded back. Varian put everyone along with Cass in a black rock ball and pushed them as hard as he could out of the tower. He saw them go flying, he knew he would pay for that choice but his friends and father were safe, thats what he cared about.
"That was a mistake" Zan Tire hissed.
"No, for the first time there was no mistake made"