Niggle!

It's been a few weeks sience the two started dating. They would walk though the streets of Corona hand in hand and everyone thought it was adorable.
"Young love, that reminds me of the legend of the two who were forbidden to be together, so in the end they killed themself's" Xsavior said to the two who only asked him if he had seen Angry.
"That's a downer, but that still doesn't answer our question" Catalina said.
"Oh, yes, I have seen your sister she is with the Princes" the two thanked him and walked towards the castle.
"You looked kind of stressed when you asked me if it was alright if we could find Angry, why?" Varian asked smiling down at his girlfriend.
"Well, cause it could just be me being silly, but ever since we started dating she has been brushing me off, she wont talk to me"
"and you think talking to her, with me is going to work?" he asked her rising his eyebrow. She rolled her eyes, in all honestly she didn't know what to do, she wouldn't talk to her. She was so excited to talk to her sister about Varian and gush over the fact she has a boyfriend.
"Honestly I dont know, Im out of ideas, your the idea guy I was hoping you would be able to fix whatever is broken between us" Catalina explained, her voicing falling  by the end. Varian stopped walking realizing that she didn't have a plan so they were walking in with nothing, also  now having a better understanding of the problem. He walked them to a bench that was near a fountain.
"Catalina, I can't fix whatever is going on between you two. You know this can't be fixed with bolts and a hammer. You have to talk to her, you have to make her if she keeps ignoring you." he then places the palm of his hand on her check and gives her a light kiss. "You are too amazing to be ignored" Catalina blushed at his words, butterflies flew in her stomach, she would have never guessed he was so romantic. "You need to go to the castle and ask her, there is also a possibility that she is mad at me for some reason so she might not tell you if I'm there or she will get more mad that I am there. I'll meet you later at the Castle" Catalina nodded and walked towards the castle alone leaving Varian. She walked up to the castle meeting Stan and Pete. They joked that Varian wasn't with her and only blushed at that. She loved being around her adokable boyfriend. She was just casually waking around the castle when she bumped into Niggle.
"Oh sorry" she appoligized but wanted to take it back once she realized who she bumped into.
"No problem tittle brat?" Niggle hated having kids and ex thieves in the castle. Catalina was glaring at this man. He is the one that made up the rumor that Varian attacked Rapunzel the night he asked for help. He was the one who had him thought outside in the blizzard. She didnt care that he called her a brat.
"Your lucky Varian is not here" she said coldly.
"No little girl, he is lucky he is not here, because I know it would make him mad, then he would act up and I could finally get him kicked out of the castle for good, or have him arrested. One of those." Catalina got mad at his statement and yelled at him.
"VARAIN IS THE BEST HUMAN IN THE WORLD, HE DESERVES MORE THEN WHAT WE GIVE HIM. HE HAS A HART OF GOLD, SMART BEYOND HIS YEARS (sometimes). YOU ARE NOT EVEN HALF THE MAN HE IS. HE WILL ADMINT WHEN HE HAS MESSED UP! HE WILL ADMIT WHEN HE IS IN THE WRONG, BUT YOU ARE WILLING TO CAUSE A SCEAN TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE CORRECT! You would even use your power, knowing that the guards would believe you over him, but Rapunzel would see right though that lie." she lowed her voice making it go dark. She grabbed his shirt and pulled it down so his ear was right next to her face. "And if you ever, do anything to Varian I will make sure everyone knows what kind of low life you are" she then released him and walked away as if nothing happened. Niggle looked at her bewildered thinking she was just as crazy and her boyfriend. Catalina walked up to Rapunzel's room and nocked on the door, she could hear her sister laugh along with Eugene and Raps. Rapunzel's light and cheerful voice told her she could come in.
"CATALINA!" Rapunzel sang and ran up to her to give her a big hug. "How are you? Where's Varian? Are you guys fighting? Did he do something?" Rapunzel asked without giving Catalian anytime to respond.
"No, they are not fighting, they are fine, peachy even" Angry barked.
"Angry why are you mad at me? Ever sense Varian and I started dating you have been avoiding me. I want to talk but you keep leaving or saying your bussy. I know I have spent a lot of time with Varian, but he's my boyfriend and"
"AND IM YOUR SISTER!"
"I know, and you will always come first, don't you know that?" Angry breath out a breath of air out of frustration. It wansn't that she was afraid that Catalina would put Varian first, it wasn't that she thought Varian wasn't good enough for her sister, in fact she didn't know what it was. She just knew she was upset that she was dating Varian.
"I DONT KNOW OK! I am just mad that you are dating Varian!" Angry screamed. everyone looked at her in question, why?
"Do you like Varian?" Eugene asked
"No, not like that."
"Is seeing your sister in a relationship make you want to be in one?" Raps asked. Angry thought about it and realized that is what it was. Angry just nodded.
"Dont be jeloues, you will find someone. If you rush it, it wont turn out well." Catalina felt better knowing that it wasn't Varian that made her sister upset it was the fear of not finding a boyfriend. She thought her sister was amazing, she was funny, brave, sarcastic and witty who wouldn't love that. Rapunzel asked Catalina how she and Varian were doing and were giving them all the details on how sweet he was.
"Honestly you would never think it, but he is so romantic. He knows what to say to make me feel better, his hugs are so warm and loving I just want to stay in them all day. He knows how to make me laugh, and how to make me feel loved. He's perfect" just then they heard Niggle yell and Catalina feared the wosed. The group ran to where the scream came from and found Niggle on the ground with two guards forcing Varian on his knees with his hands cuffed behind him. The two guards that held him were the same two guards that tried to arrested him after he helped Rapunzel defeat the Sporians. Chad and Greg.
"What are you doing?" Rapunzel asked shocked at what she was witnessing.
"Prinseses, this boy is a danger to us! He attacked me for no reason. He can't be trusted."
"NO! THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!" Varian begged his friends to believe him. He stared at Rapunzel, his eyes begging her to believe him. "Please Prinseses, please believe me I would never hurt any of you. Rapunzel please". Rapunzel froze for a moment, his voice sounding the same as it did the night of the storm. The way his voice sounded so broken and Trumbull with each word spoken, his eyes pleading for help. He tried to shake the men off of him but they only grabbed onto him tighter.
"OW" he screamed in pain. That shook Rapunzel out of her trance.
"Let him go" Rapunzel said in a stern voice. Niggles eyes widened in disbelief.
"Princess not to over step, but are you gong to trust that criminal over me. Your parents royal advisor. I have had this job for years, they trust me, why would I lie" he asked. Rapunzel stepped closer to Niggle.
"Why would Varian attack you, how could he attack you, you are twice his height and weighs practically nothing. He sacrificed himself to save me, to save all of us. Also last time I checked your the one who spread  the rumor that Varian attacked me when he came and asked for help during the storm. HE IS ALSO HURT! his wounds are still healing!"
"Prinseses he did. He put his arms around you"
"HE PUT HIS HANDS ON MY SHOULDERS BEGGING ME TO HELP HIM! I WAS NOT HURT! Leave Varian alone, he is a hero, he saved all of us" she said pointing to the group. She then turned to the advisor again. Just then the King and Queen walked in hearing all the noise and was shocked to see Varian in chains. They were about to ask what happened but Catalina explained the situation adding the part where Niggle called her a brat thinking Varian was with her.
"Niggle, is this true." the king asked. Niggle now looked shocked, he did not expect them to question him like this. He first thought of lying, but knew he couldn't get around it, to many people trusting Varian and Catalina.
"yes, I called Catalina a brat expecting Varian to be with her. I knew he would say something" he told the story of what happened that took place about an hour ago.
"WHAT DID YOU CALL MY GIRLFRIEND" Varian's voice was loud and venomous. Niggle smiled a little knowing that Varian was going to act up. Varian pushed the guards with his shoulders and marched over to Niggle. He walked right up to his face not caring what was going to happen to him for escaping the guards grip.
"Don't ever speak about Catalina that way again. Want to hate me, fine, but don't bring her into your scemes". Varian knew Catalina could hold her own, he knew that she could beat Niggle up, hell Catalina could beat Varain up, but that was not gong to stop him from protecting her when he can. Niggle was appalled that no one did anything, they let him walk right up to him and threaten him.
"Boy you are a danger to us all, you dare threaten me. You might have everyone fooled, but I see right though you. One day you will slip up and when you do I will make sure you spend the rest of your life behind bars" Niggle stepped closer, towering over the boy. Niggle reminded Varian of Andrew when he would show how powerful he is, how much bigger he is, Varian didn't show it but he was scared.
"Niggle, you are out of line! Varian has only tired to help us defeat Zan Tire and Cas and by doing so got himself kidnapped. You are fired! Guards release Varian now!" The guards walked over and uncuffed Varian, Catalina ran into his arms and they both held onto each other like their lives depended on it.
"WHAT! Your majesty please"
"No, if you are willing to use your status and trust to try to get Varian in trouble, I can not trust you for anything." The king glared at their old advisor. Niggle sent daggers though his eyes to the young alchemist and whispered in his ear.
"You will pay for this boy" and was walked out by Stand and Pete. A shiver ran down Varian's spin but then realized that Niggle can't really hurt him. He didn't know how to wheeled a weapon or know how to fight and now he had no authority.
"You ok Varian, what did he say. I am so sorry this happened to you" Ariana asked him with worry in her eyes.
"Oh, nothing, he was trying to be threatening" he said trying to sound strong, but Ariana was not only a Queen, but also a mom and any mom could tell he was just trying to sound brave. Ariana gave Varian a motherly hug, which he wasn't use to. He froze up, there was something different about a hug form a dad and a hug from a mom. Varian retuned the hug with in a few seconds and it was the best hug he could ever ask for. He completely forgot about the situation that just happened, he felt safe and that was something he hasn't felt in a long time. Not to say anything negative about his dad, he felt safe with him as well, but only when he was around. There was a reason why there was a phrase that went 'don't mess with mama Baer and her cubs'. The hug was warm and loving, Varian cherished this moment becasue he knew he would never get this again. Catalina broke him out of the trance when she started talking to him.
"Varian, you could be in danger! tell us what he said" Catalina argued.
"He said I will pay, but there is nothing he can do to hurt me" Varian argued back.
"Cockey much?" Eugene laughed a little. Varian rolled his eyes.
"No, I mean he can't do hand to hand combat and he can't fight with a weapon. I'm fine it was probably to just try to scare me, and it wont work" Varian did his best to convince everyone that he was ok. Finally they started to back down but still were skeptical.
"Guys its not like im alone all the time, not any more" he said blushing looking at Catalina.
"AAWW so cute" Raps said spinning around. Catalina grabbed Varian's hand and pulled him into a hug.
"That was hot the way you stood up to Niggle for me" she said placing her lips onto his. That comment got Varian all flustered, he didn't know how to respond to that, so he did the only thing he could think of, he depend the kiss and before anyone knew it the two kids were making out till Eugene ruined their moment and coughed. The two stoped mid make out and their eyes widen, the pull away faster than humanly possible. They blush at each other then look to the ground then up at their friends. They were all laughing, but Angry looked grossed out. The two love birds quickly ran out of the castle and towards the forest where they were alone. Varian looked into Catalina's bright green eyes and feel in love all over again. He loved how bright they were and whenever she would smile they glisned. He placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in, she did as well and when their lips touched they picked up right where they were interrupted. A few miuents later they pulled apart and did a small little giggle.
"Thank you" Varian said sitting down agent a tree truck. Catalina sat next to him placing her head on his shoulder.
"For what?" She asked confused.
"For agreeing to be my girlfriend. I would have understood if you said no." Catalina shoot up and looked at him confused.
"What do you mean?"
"You know I have done some really horrible things and yes I have forgiven myself, I am over it and I know you have forgiven me as well, and most of the town has, there are some people who will never as we have seen and I don't want that to hurt you. Or even now that we have discovered I am connected to the moonstone and you still said yes to be my girlfriend. It just shocks me. You are an amazing person, your strong, intelligent, funny, cute, and stunning it just hard to believe that you agreed to be my girlfriend."
"Hey, I did not agree to be your girlfriend, it sounds like we made a deal; no. I wanted to be your girlfriend, and I dont care what people say. Yes, you did a horrible thing, but you have righted your wrongs, and you got tourturced for it. I am not near as intelligent or strong as you"
"But your more funny, and cutter?" Varian laughed.
"Obviously" she giggled a long. Varian then tickled her and she couldn't stop laughing.
"ah V-Varain- s-s-stop ahahha pl-please, IM GOING TO PEEEEEEHAHA" Varian stopped and helped her up bringing her into a hug.
"You know what ever Niggle said isn't true right?" he said getting serious, she only nodded kissing him on the cheek.
"I'm going to head home, its getting late" Catalina said, Varian nodded as he saw her walk towards Corona. He turned to the other direction towards his house and was debating weather or not to tell his father about his day. He decide if he asked about his day he would tell him. As he got closer to his house he got nervous, he knew his dad was going to ask him about his day, he did that everyday. He just wanted things to go back to normal,where he was looked at as a kid who blew things up, not as a criminal. He didnt want is dad to worry about him when he went out, he knew he did  and that's why he asks about his day. Ever sience the two brothers that beat Varian up his dad was afraid of something like that happening again. When Varian walked in he was quiet and closed off, his dad noticed this right away. What no one knew back at the castle is how scared he was, he really thought that Rapunzel was going to trust Niggle over him and he was going out be sent to jail again. He hugged his dad and let the tears fall.
"Varian, son what happened?" Qurin asked getting to his level. Varian took a deep breath to stop the tears.
"Niggle-Niggle tried to have me arrested" Varian didn't look up at his father.
"What! How? Why?" His dad asked, concern overwhelmed his voice
"I walked in the castle and Niggle saw me, next thing I knew he was on the ground and two guards grabbed me held me down and cuffed me."
"WHAT! What did they do! Did Rapunzel help you?" Varian knew his dad would get angry.
"She did, but I thought she wouldn't for a second. When Niggle said that I attacked him she didn't say anything. I begged her to believe me and I thought she wasn't going to but she did. Then the King and Queen entered they released me and fired Niggle."
"Varian are you ok? Are you hurt?" Varian just shook his head, he looked up at his dad a small tear falling form his eye.
"I'm sorry dad, this is my fault, if I could have just been mature about the whole amber thing non of this would have happened." he said getting out of his fathers grip.
"Hey, listen to me, you were fourteen, there is not a single fourteen year old out there who is mature enough to handle what you went thought. Why did Niggle do this, did he say?" Qurin asked putting his hands on Varian's shoulder. When they locked eyes Varian looked away ashamed. The pit always grew in his stomach when talking about his criminal past. He looked away from his dad.
"Niggle thinks I'm a danger and deserves to be locked up. He thinks that me, this me, the real me is a façade and the evil one is who I am. Also he is kind of mad at me now thinking its my fault for him getting fired."
"He better hope I never see him" Qurin said under his breath as he rose from talking to Varian.
"Dad, please dont, I know you want to protect me, but there are always going to be people who hate me and no matter what, I will never be able to change their mind, and I have to live with that"
"But you shouldn't, you made a huge, big, colossal mistake, but thats not who you are. I want to protect you from all the bad that they will throw". Varian walked up to his dad and gave him a hug.
"I know, and you do" Qurin smiled down at his son, how did he get so lucky to have such a great son.

——————-
Please don't forget to vote and comment.