chapter six

Audrey POV

"So you are mad and embarrassed that an innocent, helpless GIRL beat you at football." I said pouting and poking Ross' stomach. Wow. Rock hard.

"Okay. I get it but verse me in hockey. Then we will see who is mad and embarrassed." Ross said taking a step closer to me smirking.

"You really underestimate my skills." I said stepping closer to him, not breaking my stance.

We are pretty close to each other. One more step from either of us and our bodies would be pressed against each other.

Ross takes that step and tucks a piece of fallen hair behind my ear. "Maybe I do. We will just have to see."

I look away not knowing what to say and see James looking over towards us and I know how this is going to end up if I don't warn Ross.

"Listen. You made quite the risky move there Superman. You might want to run." I whisper to Ross and turn him around so he isn't facing me and I have his hand on his back.

"What? Why?" He looks back at me confused but I turn him back around.

"Just trust me. In 3..2...1"

"ROSS! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" James yell running towards us.

"Do you want to live past 19?! RUN!" I yell at Ross pushing him and he starts sprinting faster than he did in the game. I turn around and stand in front of James trying to cause a bit of delay for Ross.

"What are you doing? Move! He was clearly trying to make a move!" James yells in my face trying to step left and right to try and get away from me.

"We were just talking. No sexual tension. Nothing. So stop." I said putting my hands on his arms trying to stop him. I see him calm down and stop resisting.

"Fine. But he is going to need a talking to." James said looking around to try and spot Ross. I also look around but couldn't find him.

"Well you probably won't need to because you definitely just scared him away." I sigh walking back to the our two families.

"Hey! You know I do it because I love and care for you." James says jogging up to catch up to me.

"I know but just...I think it's time to give me a bit of space. I am almost 18 and I know you may think I am not ready for it but I think it is time I grow up. Take care of myself. It may be Ross. It may not be. So what? But I should be able to feel these feelings without worrying about the outcome. So think about that huh?" I said staring at him before stopping towards the van, which my family had already piled into.

Finally. I actually finally stood up to him. Maybe he will get the message.

"Their family seems really nice. I invited them for dinner next weekend. Did you guys know they were in a band?" My Dad said as I get in.

A band? Well, was not expecting that.

Ross POV

Once I realise my life is not at the risk. I turn around and saw Audrey standing in front of James and then she walks towards our families. I decide to jog up to them but carefully so that if James were to turn around I would not be seen. I am in earshot of there conversation and hear Audrey start to get angry.

"I think it's time to give me a bit of space. I am almost 18 and I know you may think I am not ready for it but I think it is time I grow up. Take care of myself. It may be Ross. It may not be. So what? But I should be able to feel these feelings without worrying about the outcome. So think about that huh?" She said then walks away towards their car.

It may be Ross. So she at least has a thought of it. It may not be. Maybe she doesn't. No. No. Surely not if she mentioned me. Okay. That gives me a little bit of hope.

"Had a nice run their Ross?" Ellington laughs as I approach them.

"Actually yes. Yes I did." I joke around pushing him.

"Their family is so sweet and oh my stars. The little boys are so cute and Audrey is practically perfect." My Mum says looking towards me at the end with her eyebrows lifted and smiling. "Their father invited us to dinner next weekend as well. Now lets get home because I did not tape the bachelor."

We all laugh and help my parents pack away everything as we hop into our separate cars and driving back to my our house.

"Hey. You know it is going to be hard to get Audrey. Are you up to that fight?" Riker asks as he drives me home and faces the road again.

"Yea I know and I think I am willing to. I have never felt this way about a girl before. But hopefully overtime, James will give me a chance. Give us a chance." I said looking out the window. I reckon I can manifest this.