chapter nine

Ross POV

Okay. So it is Audrey's birthday coming up and I need to do something. Something big. I know that she wouldn't want any sort of jewellery or makeup. I have no idea!

We have been texting a bit recently and I genuinely think we are getting closer. She has this incredible personality that is so addicting. I would have never thought that a girl could consume my brain so much, especially someone who I have such a little chance with.

"Ross. Can we have a chat?" My mum says poking into Ryland and I's shared room. I put down my guitar and free up a spot on the bed by moving all my clothes off.

"Yea mum. What's up?"

"Let's talk about Audrey real quick." She says smiling walking towards me and taking the free spot on the bed. "I think she is an incredible girl. So why don't you make a move, you goof?"

"I am just...scared. I don't know. I can't just go into it without thinking about it like every other girl. I have to earn the brothers trust and respect first. You know?" I said looking down at my hands playing with my rings.

"I know that. But you guys are all friends now. You guys surf and play video games and stay at each other's houses. Just bring it up to them." She says pulling me into a hug.

"But what if she doesn't feel that way and I ruin everything?" I said leaning into her shoulder.

"Knowing how she is. That will definitely not happen. Also, that girl is flawless. It probably happens to her all the time anyway." As much as I know mum is trying to comfort me, it actually makes me feel worse. Maybe she isn't interested in me at all because it does happen to her all the time.

"Don't think too hard on it. Also, recording is tomorrow at 10 so you better rest up my love."

"Love you, mum. See you tomorrow." She kisses the top of my head and walks out.

I lay back and hear a buzz from my phone. I look over and grab it from my nightstand. I sit straight up when I see Audrey's name titled on the notification.

Audrey: Hey Superman. We haven't talked in a bit. How did that hockey game go?

Aweee she is thinking of me. Surely this must mean something.

Ross: Hey...I still don't have a nickname for you :( and aweee you were thinking of me. How adorable and the game went really well. Rocky and I basically saved the team. And you?

Audrey: THAT IS SO GOOD!!! Yeah alright, I was thinking about you but purely because my dad is making the invite list for my stupid party thing. And yea, where is my nickname???

Ross: I am excited to be at your stupid birthday. Also, we haven't spent enough time together for me to give you a nickname.

Audrey. You better not get me anything dork and alright. Let's hang out. How does tomorrow work?

Ross: I would be the worst human in the world if I didn't get you anything and yea tomorrow is perfect. Let's get lunch at Pancho's. Meet at 12?

Audrey: Gah I cannot convince you. Sounds like a plan. Have a good night sleep Superman.

Ross: Goodnight x

I contemplated that last x but like my mum said I have to make my move. I cannot wait to have lunch with her tomorrow. We can actually talk without any brothers poking in or me being on edge that James will send a spear through my head.

I stay up a bit longer playing guitar and just fall asleep naturally, thinking that everything that just happened was a dream.

--

"GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!" Rydel says jumping up and down on the bed next to me. Whyyyyy???

"What's happening? Get off." I groan sitting up and stretching.

"We gotta leave to record in about 10 minutes. So get dressed." Rydel runs out of my room and towards the kitchen saying she woke me up proudly.

I get up and put on some blue ripped jeans, a white t-shirt and my black converse. I look into my mirror and comb through my hair, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I feel like I am forgetting something just as I go to walk out, but I might just still be tired and foggy in the brain.

We all pile out of the van at the recording studio and walk straight to our regular recording booth, seeing our producers and Andre already there. "Hey, guys! Let's get these songs smashed. We are gonna try and record the written 2 we have and then hopefully write a couple more. We have till 3pm in this booth and you all know the rules. Phones off. Brains on." Andre says playing around on the soundboard.

I shut my phone fully off and see the time 10:38AM. Right 4 and a half hours of work. Let's do this.

Audrey POV

I am slightly excited for today's lunch with Ross. This will be the first time we actually spend time alone and get to know each other. I know before I leave I have to break the news to all the boys.

"FAMILY MEETING IN 5 MINUTES IN THE LIVING ROOM!" I yell throughout the house walking down to the living room and pacing around. All the boys including Dad came into the room and relaxed down into the chairs.

"So...I have some news but before you freak out. Please just give me a chance." I beg towards the boys standing in front of them.

"Please don't tell me you are pregnant." My dad huffs, laughing a bit.

"I am not hahaha. So Ross asked me out to lunch today BUT its purely platonic. Just want to get to know him." I say with hopeful eyes towards the boys, James especially.

"I don't know. I reckon he will maybe make a move." James says looking at me sternly.

"And so what if he does? Maybe it's time-" I begin to yell but my dad cuts me off.

"Everyone stop! I have no problem with you seeing Ross. Now before you, all go ape shit on each other let's do a vote. Those in favour of Ross and Audrey raise your hand." Dad said looking around and raising his hand. I look around to see Max and Dylan raise their hands as well. Shit. I look to see James smirking and then Brad raises his hand sheepishly as well.

"YES! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you all soo much. I will leave here at 11:40 and I don't know what time I will be home but I will update you all. LOVE YOU!" I yell running upstairs excitedly to get ready for lunch. I cannot wait to see him. I mean spend time with him. To be honest, I am just excited and I don't know why.

Oh no. Did Ross forget about the date? Surely not.