chapter eighteen

Audrey POV

Ross doesn't know it yet but today is the day when I am going to ask him to be my boyfriend. Hmm. Never thought I would say that to be honest. He is really about to feel like a spoilt white girl tonight.

I got the boys to help me set up today, even though they definitely did not enjoy any bit of it and any bit of what they are going to do.

"Why do we have to wear these silly outfits?" Max whined, putting a Mexican poncho on.

"Because I want to make Ross feel special." I say walking into the kitchen, finishing off the food for tonight.

"There will be a day when you have someone special and you are going to recruit us to help you. So shut up and help Audrey out." James says walking past with his fake moustache on, stealing one of my freshly dipped chocolate covered strawberries.

James has warmed up quite a bit to Ross. Ever since the one night where we went out to the basketball game with our two families.

--

"I am sooo excited to watch Cavaliers verse the Nets. Are you kidding this is going to be the best game ever!" I cheer skipping down the crowded parking lot, pass everyone.

We are all wearing matching basketball jerseys. My family rooting for the Nets and the Lynch's going for the Cavaliers. I have a flat cap on backwards, with my Jordan's. I am definitely not looking like the girliest girl.

"Tickets." We scan through our tickets and somehow, we managed to get courtside seats, for everyone, which takes up basically one side of the court.

"Are you ready to be a loser again?" I tease to Ross, I hold his hand and slightly touch my nose to the side of his face.

Ever since that ice cream day, Ross and I have become quite known to his fans and for some odd reason, they kind of like me. Obviously, there are some haters but overall, it has been really positive.

"As long as I have you, I am not a loser." Ross says giggling and kissing me softly. "But the Cavaliers are going to win anyway."

I kiss him again and whisper, "Awe, you always know how to joke around. Hey guys, I am going to grab some food. I will be back in two seconds." I said getting up and walking away slowly.

"Can Rydel go with you? I j-"

"James. I am able to get myself a hotdog and a coke. If I don't come back in 10 minutes. Then, come get me." I say cutting in and rolling my eyes.

I head towards the closest food cart and as I am waiting I hear someone talking, "Damn she is hot."

I turn around to see 3 males who look at least 30 staring me up and down.

"Hey. Stop looking you pervs." I state glaring at the men behind me.

"Babe. There is no need to be nosey. Stick to yourself and there will be no issues." One of the men say coming closer to me.

"Oh, but there is already an issue with you making those comments, to begin with." I said taking a step closer as well.

This man was just under a foot taller than me and I could smell his cheap cologne from a meter away.

"Yo bro, just take a step back. Let the girl do her thing." One of the other boys said stepping in.

"No. No. She thinks she can fight her own battles. Let's see how she fights this." He grabs my arms and starts pulling me out of the line, in the direction of the exit. I struggle and tell him to stop.