epilogue

"Hey Mrs Lynch. How was the weekend away?" Mrs Grey, one of the school supervisors asks, as I wait for my kids in the car park.

"It was amazing. It was Leah's first time on proper Colorado ice and being back in Colorado with Ross' family was incredible." I reply, seeing the group of 6 mini Ross and me's bounding out of the large building together.

"Well here come your not so little ones. See you around." She says, noticing my attention taken away from her.

"I know. They grow up too fast. Have a good rest of your day." I giggle, waving goodbye to the woman, just as all the doors fly open and everyone piles in.

Leah, Lexi, Luke, Lincoln and Leo take their spots in the back, while Levi jumps in the front with me. As you can see we followed the trend with names, like practically all other Lynch family members have done.

"Okay. Gym clothes need to go in the back. Get those stinky socks out of here Levi." I giggle, throwing his gym bags to the bag of the mini van.

"Sorry mumma." Levi chuckles.

On our way home, the kids in the back were all talking about their weekend plans, while Levi and I chatted about his and Lexi's birthday coming up. I cannot believe it has been 17 years since the twins were born. Since then, the world has been through a pandemic, Ross has done many tours and shows and now he is a music producer.

The phone rings through the bluetooth speakers. Well speak of the devil.

"Hey honey." Ross' voice echoes through the car.

"Hey dad!" All the kids yell, making both Ross and I giggle.

"Awe. It's my favourite humans. How was school babies?" Ross asks.

The group of kids talk over each other, ranting about their days. All positive things being heard though.

"Cannot hear a word, but I will hear later. I will see you at mumma Stormie's." Ross says.

"Yes. Please can you remember to pick up a bottle of white for your mum. I haven't had time to do the shopping yet." I sigh, completely exhausted from the full day of cleaning I have had.

"Yeah babe. That's fine. I will see you guys in like an hour. Love you all." Ross says, making kissing noises.

"Love you Dad!" The kids yell.

"Love you babe." I say, smiling at the thought of our incredibly loving family.

"I love you gorgeous." Ross replies, hanging up the phone and making me smile wider.

"I want my boyfriend to be as perfect as Dad is to you." Lexi sighs, catching all our attentions.

"Yeah. Melvin is a dick and-."

"Hey! We don't talk about people that way Lincoln. Plus, teenage boys are not the same as men honey. Your dad and I didn't last as teens as well." I say, smiling at my sad looking teenage daughter through the rear view mirror.

"Thanks Mumma." She sighs, looking back out the window.

As soon as we arrive back home, all the kids quickly run inside to change and grab their things for Stormie's family night. I follow behind, grabbing the mail on the way and getting attacked by our pair of golden retrievers. Sadly, Vader passed away a couple years ago. It is just crazy how fast time moves.

"Okay babies. You all have 5 minutes!" I yell through the house and getting the varied responses.

As I walk into the kitchen, I see a bouquet of flowers sitting in a vase, with a white card resting against it. My Queen. It reads, written in my gorgeous husband's writing.