Bonus chaper 1

"Betrayal breaks you to your core,
Making your heart hollow, which was once a whole"

....................................................

King Harold stood in a long hallway of his Castle,staring at the family photograph hung in the centre.

It was when the children were very young, and Angela was not born.
Claire had Charlie in her arms while Eva stood next to him.
He smiled seeing his children's young smiling faces, but when his eyes landed on Claire, it vanished.

His hands tightened into fists and he looked away from her face.
What did he not give her to get rewarded with her betrayal?

Was his love not enough?
Did her hatred for Eva, the only thing that mattered to her?
He loved her, but maybe she never did.

Because you don't hurt the ones you love. Or do you?

He could feel tears in his eyes when he heard his son calling from behind.

"Dad? What happened? Why aren't you ready?"

He turned around to look at his son, now the present king of Avanguard.
Proudness and happiness engulfing him on seeing him in his attire.

"Why Son? Something special I don't know of"

Charlie sighed, holding his father's shoulders and looking at his exhausted face.

"Dad Eva is visiting! She will be arriving any minute now and you aren't even ready!"

King Harold's tears got replaced with a feeling of joy.
His heart swelling in happiness on listening to the news of his daughter's arrival.

"Oh really? When? I should be getting ready? Why didn't you tell me earlier Son?"

Charlie chuckled, rubbing his head.

"I was so busy in the preparations..it may have slipped my mind"

King Harold just gave him an irritated look to which he sheepishly smiles.
Turning around, he left to get ready for her welcome.

While Charlie stared at his fathers retreating back and then at the family picture he was stating a few minutes ago.

Knowing well how badly his Dad missed his mother and how her betrayal has broken him.
He may smile on the outside but within he was damaged beyond repair.

....................................................

Eva was holding Darian in her arms while Daniel's arm was casually resting on the seat behind her head.

The little boy was far asleep while Valerie was consistently chatting with the driver or fighting will be called more appropriate.

"No! The previous song! "

Her small fingers were messing with the stereo system she had no idea of while the driver was politely trying to stop her.

Daniel was busy on a phone call, getting irritated with Valerie's voice in the background.

"No...I am sorry King Jordan...I am not able to hear you!"

He was shouting on the phone, but still, his voice was lower than that of the two who sat in front.

"Will you stop fighting for a minute! I am on a call here!"

He finally shouted in desperation making both of them go silent.

"Yes, King Jordon.No the arrangements have been made. I will be out of Kingdom for a few days....yes....will contact you soon. Bye"

Ending the call, he placed back the phone in his pocket and the very next second the fight again started.