Bonus chapter 2

"I begged, I cried, I repented for my mistakes.

With the hope that you look at me with the love you have managed to hide somewhere.

.....................................................

King Harold's eyes hardened at the lady begging at his feet.

The softness in Eva's eyes and the power of her loving heart, not settling well with him.
She can melt at such a site, but he couldn't.

Not when this lady has destroyed so many lives, her own being one in them.

" I....I am sorry.....I beg....I please....Eva..my daughter...I beg for my mistakes"

Her voice had turned lower towards the end, sobs breaking through her lips, stopping her from continuing.

Eva moved forward to pick her up when Harold's grip on her arm stopped her.

"But Dad!"

"Not a word. You go inside. I will handle this"

Eva's eyes again landed on Claire.
Her clothes were worn out, it looked like she has not taken a bath in ages.
Her figure was stick-like, bones sticking out and her face, a sight of pity and agony.

"But Dad..she is your wif-"

"My wife died the day she tried killing my own daughter. The day her humanity died, Claire Miller died for me"

His hard words making Clare go break in another chain of sobs.
Her eyes staring at the cold ones of her husband, who only mustered hate for her now.

"Get up and leave my premises this instant!"

The coldness in Harold's voice surprised everyone.
Charlie did not interfere, knowing it was his father's decision after all.
He was the one who got broken by his mother's betrayal.

"I said out!!"

This time Harold roared, making the lady in rags to shudder in fear and get up.
Her thin frame shivering as she did so.

"I know...I have betrayed you Harold...but trust me...I have always loved you. I.....I am sorry...haven't I suffered enough?...please just accept me back.......please....."

Harold's jaw tightened, the very next second he had tightly held her shoulder and shouted at her.

"Love? Don't even dare to say that word from your filthy mouth..you bit**. You don't deserve anything. People like you never change...you just want the status, the prestige of a queen back. You want your position back...you don't want me!! "

She looked down, teardrops landed on the tiles.
How can she tell him that he was the only one she wanted?
He won't believe her.

Eva tried stopping Harold from degrading Claire any further but he refused.
Daniel held Eva's desperate form in his arms, telling her not to interfere.

"Yes, you are right my King. I don't deserve you. But what can I do......I can't live..I can't love you...what is the use of my meaningless existence then."

Her eyes moved to Daniel's calm ones.

"Why didn't you kill me that day! Why did you let me live! I die each and every day! I just can't....."

Harold left her shoulder stepping back from her.

"You can continue this drama outside. You are interfering in a family gathering. I hope you know this?"

Claire lowered her head, her steps moving back.
She stumbled on the carpet behind and fell down, but no soul stepped forward to help her.

Harold instead glared at her now, daring her to stay and longer.
Eva wanted to help, so did Charlie but they knew they couldn't.