Chapter 2

Plopping my bottom in the back of the class, their was maybe 5 minutes before Professor Norman would be here.  The middle aged graying man had a tendency of running late.  Leaning my back into the seat. 

Smiling softly as Elena emerged into the class, waving toward me as she sat in front of me.

"Hey girlie" She chirped pulling her wavy black locks into a bun.  Showing off her perfectly symmetrical features, deep chocolate big, her slender tall body, everything I wasn't.

"Alright except for the asshole drivers on the road today.  Almost got hit twice today!" Leaning over my desk as she sat backwards in her chair.

"It's a Monday thing" Elena laughed.

Elena was my one friend in this class of 30ish of people.  She immediately befriended me and  sat next me on my first day, now in our second year we were excited to have a journalism class together again.  She was mostly just taking the class for fun but I loved investigative journalism.  The digging, and finding the truth had always been interesting to me.

"Good morning everyone" The professor greeted as he slung his bag onto his desk, a scattered of hello's echoed around us as Elena turned in her seat and leaned back.

It had been a couple weeks since the semester started and he was still droning on about the syllabus that I had read word for word on the first day.

Pulling out my notebook and extra pencils, hopeful we'd actually be learning something today.

Everyone's eyes pulled to the door as it interrupted winded speech about getting assignments on time.  

"Tardiness will be unacceptable" Scowling a the tall wide shoulder stranger who pulled off the hood of his dark hoodie.

A familiar uneasiness gutted me as I stared down at the stranger.  A twisting at my stomach as I tried to see his features from far away.

"Sorry, new here. Got lost" Running his hand through his dark auburn hair.  His voice deep with apology as he looked down.

"OOOO he's cute" Elena whispered leaning forward.

Rolling my eyes.

The unknown man turned his body as the professor grumbled out something I couldn't quite hear.  He handed the him papers before the professor waved his hand toward the back.

"There should be an empty seat in the back"

Elena tapped her feet excitedly as we watched the man step closer to us.

Elena wasn't wrong.  But cute was putting it lightly.  His green eyes lined with thick eyelashes stood out against his pale skin tone. Strong square nose, his was broad shoulders seeming to strain the hoodie covering his wide shoulders.  His dark wash jeans hugging him perfectly, his heavy black boots loud with every step.

I twisted my head back to the teacher quickly as I realized the only available seat was on my right.

He took the seat slowly as I fought to keep my composure.  He feels familiar, but I knew I'd remember his face if I'd seen it before.  He had no backpack.  No pencils, nothing.

"I'm Elena" Gesturing her small hand out, as he only nodded once.  Her face falling slightly before smiling politely. "And this is Angela" 

Kicking her heal beneath her seat as she tried not to wince.

He turned his head toward me, his keeping his eyes low, as if avoiding my gaze as I waved once.  Being sure my sleeves of my jean jacket didn't roll up to show my arms.