Chapter 5

Locking the upstairs bathroom securely as I tried not to focus on Talon being downstairs. Setting my phone on the sink. Stripping out my my wet clothes and stepping into the hot shower, moaning as the heat beaded down my back as slid my hands through my hair.

Once washed up and back to my normal temperature. I cursed under my breath realizing I didn't bring a set of dry clothes. Dammit. How could have been so stupid?

Wrapping the fluffy white towel tightly around myself as I peaked open the door. Not seeing anyone as I padded down the hallway quickly. Bolting into my bedroom and locking it shut. Sighing softly as I turned my back to the door.

Yelping and jumping back to see Talon sitting on my bed.

"Get out!" Unlocking my door swinging it open, praying Sam didn't hear me.

"Your bed's much softer than the couch" Chuckling darkly.

"Go!" Pointing toward the hallway as I clutched my towel for dear life.

Talon stood to his feet, clothes changed into my brother's basketball shorts that seems two sizes too small. My eyes catching his bare chest, defined pale arms, the v-shape of muscles leading down as he stepped toward me. His damp hair falling over his forehead.

His finger glided down my arm clutching my towel as he left a trail of goosebumps in his path.

"I'm sorry" Whispering softly, his words soft as velvet as his eyes stayed on my arm. It was like he was apologizing for my scars? Reminding me of the hooded figure the night of the fire.

I couldn't keep my chest from rising up and down quickly, my bust spilling over the top of the towel as I let out a shaky breath.

"Just go" The words coming out as a question. My long hair sticking to my back as I tried to keep my composure as he stepped closer, his fresh scent sending my body flooded with unfamiliar feelings.

"Thank you for letting me stay till the storm passes" Murmuring softly in my ear as his bare arm brushed past my arms, my body burning from his touch as I closed the door quickly behind.

My heaving chest beating as if I just ran a hundred mile race.

Once changed into my oversized night shirt and a pair of cotton shorts. I grabbed one of my clean folded blankets off my chair and a pillow from my bed.

Walking downstairs, happy to see Sam listened and lit and placed candles around the living room and hallway. I could hear there soft chatter from the living room as I clutched the blanket and pillow to my chest.

"You should have told me Talon cheats at card games" Sam grumbled as Talon sat at on the floor smirking as Sam slammed his cards on the coffee table. The glowing flames making me uneasy.

Setting the blanket  beside Sam as I sat away farthest from the candle. I knew deep down the likely hood of something happening was unlikely but that constant fear after that night has never left.

"Wanna play UNO?" Sam asked excitedly beside me.

"Kind of lame with only three people" Shrugging softly.

"Eh, both of you are lame" Groaning out before getting up and going toward the kitchen. I could hear him grabbing a bag of chips from the cupboard before his feet padded up the staircase.

Leaving Talon sitting across from me, the flickering of the candle giving him dangerous shadows across his features as he sat silently. Dark green eyes trained on me.

"So, card shark?" Breaking the silence between us.

"I've had years of practice" His expression seeming far away.