Chapter 24

My breath left my body as a gust of wind swirled around Talon and I, the wind whipping my hair around my face. What the-

A tall burly man suddenly appeared in front of us.  Talon greeting him with a heavy sigh before the man pulled him into a hug.

"Knew you'd come to your senses sometime boy!" Bursting out with a loud laugh, a hint of a southern draw.  Than man was taller than Talon.  The body of a wrestler, muscles bulging out from his biceps.  Short black buzzed cut hair.  "Finally coming to the dark side?" Hitting Talon's arm.  He looked like he was in his early 40s maybe.

"That's not why I called you here" Rolling his eyes.

The mysterious brute of a man finally turned his gaze to me.  His eyes flickering with amusement as I sat on the roof shingles.  Unable to form words.

"This the pretty little thang that has everyone in a fit?" His eyes looking back to Talon. What did that mean?

Pulling my brows together, the man shot his hand down for a shake.  Reaching my hand to meet his, Talon nodding to me softly.

"It's alright Angel" Whispering in my head, assuring me I was safe.

Taking the man's hand, he bent his large thick legs down to meet my eyes. His dark, almost black orbs making me uneasy as I tried to keep my composure.  Who was this man?  How is going to help? What did he mean, 'finally come to the dark side'?

"Name's Joseph.  Pleasure to meet ya Miss Angela" 

Pulling my hand back quickly. "How do you know my name?"

Giving me a toothy grin. Eyes sparkling with amusement. "Oh all of us know about you" 

Smirking as he turned his head slightly toward Talon.  Who looked like he was regretting calling this Joseph man for help.  "Even us Fallen, heard about the interesting relationship between you two.  Causing quite a lot of talk" 

Sliding back nervously. "You're Fallen?"  Can we trust him?  Talon said we could but what if he just makes things worse? He is Fallen after all...

"I see my old friend Talon hasn't talked much about me.  You can relax that pretty little face of yours, no need to be scared of me darlin'" Standing to his full height, pulling Talon under his massive arm.  Talon squirmed in his hold, Joseph chuckling as he roughed up his hair with his large meaty hand.  

"Enough chit chat.  Why you call me here?"

Talon yanked himself from Joseph, his warm hands pulling me to my feet carefully.  Joseph looking impatient as he stood broad with his crossed arms over his wide chest.

"I've known Joseph for longer than you can imagine, though Fallen.  We can trust him Angel"   Murmuring softly in my ear.  Making a chill rack visibly through me.  Talon shifted his body in front of me.  "We need your help" Looking back to Joseph.

"Of course you do" Rolling his eyes. "What mess have you gotten yourself in now?  Other than being with 'this one'?" Eyes meeting mine.  Was Talon truly getting into trouble for caring so much for me?

Talon ran his fingers through his hair, muscles in his back flexing beneath his pale skin.  The cool air making my body shiver as I glanced around the other houses.  If anybody saw us, we'd look like psychos!

"I can explain more tomorrow.  But I need you to keep an eye on the girl that lives here.  Do you know Markus Gray?" 

"Pretty boy Markus? He's been running around here causing all sorts of problems" Groaning out in annoyance.  "He's pretty hell bent on making human's lives miserable"  Even Joseph seemed to hate Markus almost as much as us.