Chapter 9

Talon pulled me into the driveway of my house.

Talon was the first one to talk.  "I'll bring your car in the morning. I'll leave the keys in the mailbox" Hand outstretched for my keys.

Shaking my head. "I'll have my mom take me to get it tomorrow" Staring at my house through the window. Happy to see the power still on.

"It's the least I can do for pushing us out of the way of the lightning" His soft words pushed.

Turning my head slowly, his eyes a lighter pale green. Pulling my brows in slight confusion. Looking at them curiously.

"Not going to answer anything I said to you?" The anger and annoyance out of my system now.  My body body and mind heavy with exhaustion.

"Not yet" Leaning closer, brushing my hair away with his warm finger tips, while shifting his free arm behind the head rest of my seat.

"Not yet? B-but"

"It's too much to explain in a driveway" His voice deepening with his fingers lingering on my round chin. 

My eyes begging him for anything.  Anything to give me some sense I wasn't crazy for feeling everything I did.  Frustrated tears pricked at the corner of my eyes. As my head fell. His warm hand now cupping my face.

"You're not crazy.  There's a reason for all of this Angel" Speaking my last name with softness, his lips closing the distance.  My heart racing as his hair dripped water on my nose.  Our lips only a breath apart, my stomach flipping as his hand pulled me closer.

Inhaling sharply, closing my eyes as I closed the distance. Are lips meeting in unison, a groan rumbled deep with in him, my hands pulling his damp shirt closer.  Feeling his hand unbuckle my restraints. 

Pulling myself into his lap, straddling his lap, crushing my chest into his hard body.  Our kisses growing hungrier, gasping trying to catch my breath.  His slick tongue sweeping my bottom lip as I pressed my forehead against his.  Trying to read his impossible stare, the casted up to my gaze, our chests heaving against each other.  His hands holding me securely to his lap, dipping my head into his chest, feeling his lips move to the top of my wet hair.

"What you said" Whispering into my hair, my hands clinging to his chest as if my life depended on it.  "It's all true.  It's not just you.  Everything you said, you were right" His voice cracking at the end. Making me lean back.

"Why?" Gripping him tighter. Searching his eyes.

"I was sent to you"

Tilting my head, was he trying to be cute? Corny? But all I could read was seriousness. "You were sent for me?" Smirking, trying to laugh but it came out as a scoff.  "Like a guardian angel?" Looking away realizing he wasn't going to give me a real answer. 

"Something like that" His flat tone sending shivers to my core.  

Pulling myself out of his grip.  Opening the door, snatching my soaking hoodie and back pack. "I'll get my own car tomorrow" Biting out sharply.

The jingle on keys made my eyes snap up. Glaring to see my car keys between his fingers. He had somehow managed to get the keys out of my back pocket during our heated kiss that I was already regretting.

Reaching through the door but he retracted his hand quickly. "Give them to me!" Reaching over the seat further.

"This is to be sure you listen to what I have to say tomorrow" Shoving the keys in his pockets, my eyes growing wide.

"Are you serious?! Give them to me!" Slapping the leather black seat. "I don't care what you have to say to me!" Reaching again. "This.  Is.  Illegal!" 

"Will you listen to what I have to say tomorrow?" Dangling the keys in front of me like a person holding out a bone for a dog.  Making me angrier.  Clouds seeming to open up with more rain, perfectly depicting my anger.

Slamming the jeep door shut, he rolled the window down immediately.  

"I want my car here by 6am" My mom will already have enough questions not seeing my car in the driveway when she gets home in a few hours.

Nodding his head with a smug smile getting his way. "I'll take you to breakfast" 

Shaking my head as the drizzle of rain increased. "No" 

Rolling up the window without another word, leaving me frozen in shock as he pulled away.

Kicking the ground as I stomped up to the front door. Grabbing the spare key from under the garden gnome as I opened the door roughly.

"I'm home Sam!" Calling up, setting the key back it's hiding spot before slamming the door shut.  

Running to my room. Dropping my wet clothes and backpack at the door. Closing it for the rest of the night as I stripped out of my wet sweatpants and into some leggings, throwing myself on to my bed with my cellphone in hand.

Texting Elena immediately. Kicking my shoes off to the floor.

"Looks like breakfast in the morning with Talon since he stole my car keys and 'promises to bring my car to me tomorrow"

Elena was ready to reply in seconds.

"What happened in the stacks?! And a date?!"

"A tree almost struck us down leaving the library.  Pretty sure that's life telling me not to be with him"

"But did you die?!"

"Shut up El" Rolling my eyes to her reply.

"Remember to look your best! Did you at least kiss in the stacks?!"

Inhaling deeply, forgetting I was still wearing his hoodie. Bringing the front to my nose, closing my eyes briefly.

"We may have kissed in his car..."

"You go girl! Get you some! Was it short and sweet? Or Hot and steamy?"

"The second one..."

"YASSSSSS"

"Whatever, he only confused me more tonight! So glad we don't have any classes tomorrow so at least I don't have to be stuck with him the whole day"  Sighing softly putting my phone on my end table.

Closing my eyes.  Was guardian angel thing just to mess with me? He seemed so serious.  He can't mean it. If I had a guardian angel they definitely weren't doing their job.  Especially send Talon my way.

Pulling my blankets over my head in frustration. Sniffling as a chill from being outside lingered. Everything felt heavy.  Letting my mind drift away, only taking seconds for sleep to find me.