Chapter 15

Sam dropped his bag at the door, heading straight for his room.  I decided we were fend for ourselves for dinner tonight, Sam would be able to figure out something.  Probably Ramen noodles since that would be the fastest.  I already knew what I wanted to do.  Go to my room and read more of the book I had started earlier.

After showering quickly, changing into a a pair of black shorts and a tank top.  Bouncing on my bed as I flipped my lamp switch on.  Pulling my book from my bag and flipping to the pages I left off on.

"When God sent 'the great flood'  It was to kill off all the Nephilim, which is why he sent one of his angels down to Noah to warn him to protect the rest of the human race.  Watchers continue to appear to this day, to give messages and provide ways of how to further our intellect in technology, weaponry, ect."

A gust of misty air began appearing around me on my bed.  Shutting my book quickly and shoving it my bag, just as Talon appeared.  The mist disappeared in front of my eyes, leaving Talon on my bed as if he had been there the whole time. 

Scooting back against the top of the bed frame.  My mind still mystified on how he did that.

His body sat cross legged on the end of my bed facing me, his expression full of seriousness.  

Crossing my arms.  I wasn't going to the first to speak.  Stubbornly keeping my eyes on his glaring green ones.  His hair was more disheveled than normal.  His body hunched as if he was exhausted.

"What happened today?" He finally cut through the dead silence.

Lifting a brow. "Nothing" Crossing my arms "What happened to you for 3 weeks?" Countering his question.

Lifting his gaze "Miss me?"

"More like confused" Scoffing, letting my shoulders fall.

"Seems to me you've been doing some research" His eyes falling to my backpack quickly.

Rushing to my bag beside him, but his hands were faster than mine.  Damn him and his speed!

His lips formed a small smirk. "Comes with being an angel" Looking up through his thick lashes briefly. "This book doesn't have all the facts" Rolling his eyes as he flipped through the pages.  "I give them credit for getting some parts right" His eyes scanning the words a mile a minute.

"The Watcher part?" Looking away to the door, unsure what expression he'd have at that comment.

"What has this book told you so far?" Asking carefully, his eyes begging me to face him.  His hand putting the book back into my bag before sitting in on the floor.

My chest filled with nerves, feeling my heart pound painfully against my ribcage.  Dragging my hand over my face, trying to find the words that felt trapped in my throat.

'Please look at me' His voice echoed in my ears. My body tensing from the intrusion.  'Please Angel?'  Begging me softly to comply.

My skin flushed at the nickname I hadn't heard in weeks.  Inhaling a shaky breath, turning back to see his soft features, not as hard as I expected.

"I remembered everything you had told me, but I wanted another opinion" Tapping my fingers on my bare knees nervously.  "Did God really send a flood to kill off the Nephilim? Was there really over 200 angels that sided with Lucifer?"

"Yes" His voice was rough, not giving any insight on his emotion.  His answer stone cold.

"Even though there was children Nephilim?  They didn't do anything wrong? They didn't ask to be what they were" My heart beating painfully against my chest.