Chapter 8

We sat silently what seemed like forever.

Where do I even start with him?! Why did he seem so familiar? Say's he's from Canada but he doesn't sound Canadian at all.  Why do I get this eerily feeling whenever you're around?

"You're awfully quiet for wanting answers?" Leaning across the table.  Those damn eyes making it near impossible as I tapped my fingers softly on the table.

Staring at my hand holding my pencil to the scrap paper.

"Not sure where to begin" Mumbling to myself.  "You make it hard to decide what to ask"

"I'm sorry for that" His eyes falling toward my hand.  The depth in his voice making it feel like a sincere apology.  "I'm not very open" 

"Have you been to Spain?" Doodling a pair of angel wings on the corner of the paper.

"Why?" 

Glancing up from my drawing to see his eyes lit with curiosity.  

Shrugging softly. "In art, when you spoke about the sculpture The Fallen Angel.  I would have sworn you were born there" Moving my pencil back to my drawing, adding small details in the feathers.

"I've spent summers there many times" His eyes zoning in on my drawing. More interested than it than I was.

"I've always wanted to go" Moving away from the drawing to jot down quickly before I forgot.  I could feel his eyes softening as he watched me write. Peaking up to see an unreadable expression.

"You work in a coffee shop" Casually crossing his arms behind his back.

It wasn't a question, it was a strong statement making me look up.

"Yes..." Answering carefully.

He face leaned close, inhaling deeply.  My body stilling, unsure of how to react. "I can smell the coffee beans whenever we're in class.  Like sitting next to a pot of coffee" Smiling softly as he leaned back.

"I don't even work today" Crossing my arms.  Sam always complained it smelled like a Starbucks when ever I walk past him.

"It's intoxicating" His eyes darkening. His fingers with inhuman speed caught the black scrunchie from the top of my head, freeing my long locks from the bun.

"What are you-" Pushing his arm away, too slow for his speed. "Stop!" Hissing out as I reached for the hair band in twirling fingers.

"I can smell the coffee more now, I prefer it" Smirking and moving his hand just out of arms length. 

Huffing out in annoyance as I watched my favorite scrunchie go around his thick wrist.  Only Talon could manage to look anything but manly with a scrunchie around his wrist.

"Why are you stupid fast? It's ridiculous" Scowling, feeling my upper lip twitch.

His body stilled for half a second, pondering his answer "Good genes"

"What do your parents do?"

Twisting his body to face me across the table.  His long legs stretched out between the sides of my chair. "Don't have any"

"Oh" My voice falling.  I wasn't ready for that answer. "I'm sorry" That creeping familiar tug at my chest making my hear beat harder.

"Don't be Angel, I don't remember them"

"I'm sorry though, it's hard- Wait what did you call me?" 

His eyes blinked quickly before a smirk returned on his full lips. "Angela, Angel. Makes sense" Shrugging.