Chapter 20

Grabbing a zip lock bag and filling it with ice cubes, holding it to my face gently.  Elena left right after dropping me off at home.  The entire drive home was filled with uneasy tension.

"Are you alright?!" My mom rushed beside me from the living room, her gentle hands moving my hand with the ice.  "What happened?! Why are you soaking wet?" Her anxious eyes looking me over.

"Elena and I went to the beach to enjoy the weather" Watching my mom grab paper towel to catch the little bit of remaining blood.  "Her friend got too rough" Hissing out as she dabbed my face gently. "I'm fine.  Just pissed" Flinching as she dabbed my nose again.

"You're definitely going bruise Angel. Are you sure you're alright?" 

Pulling the ice back to my nose.  "I'll be okay.  Just going to bed early"

Patting my shoulder softly.  "I'll have dinner ready in a few hours, go rest.  I'll call for you when dinner's done.  Just the two of us tonight, Sam's staying at a friends tonight"

Not really going to be just the two of us tonight, but no need to tell her that.

Jumping into the shower, careful not to let the harsh pressure of the water hit my face.  Washing off the remainder of sand.  Glancing down to see a light purple bruise on my stomach from where Markus held me down in the water.  Shuttering at the thought of his eyes how they looked in the water.  A deep sick joy from watching me struggle under his grip.

My skin was tinged pink from being in the sun,  closing my eyes as I used my favorite coconut shampoo.  The light scent soothing me, I just wanted to forget the entire day.  Markus was an angel.  Was he Fallen?  Was he dangerous to be around?  It would be impossible to avoid him in class.

Would he try to hurt me again, or Elena?  Elena had no idea what she was dealing with, how would I even tell her that Markus is an angel? Oh hey Elena.  You know how you can't stop obsessing over Markus? Yeah he's an angel.  And probably not the good kind.  Oh and so is my boyfriend!

Groaning loudly, turning the water off.  Drying my body.  Slipping into soft black and pink pajama bottoms with the matching tank top.  Running the towel through my hair as I walked out the bathroom. Holding the half melted icepack to my face.

Closing my bedroom door. Sure enough the sound of I watched an aura of mist form in front of me, Talon appearing with a swoosh of air against my face.  Causing my face to sting a bit.  Hanging the towel on the hook on my door. Setting the wet icepack on my desk. Talon stood with open arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner" Groaning in my ear.  Clutching his shirt, looking into his pained expression as he took in my face.  His tussled brown hair standing in all different directions.  "I got there as quick as possible"  Words aching with regret as his eyes refused to meet mine.

"Look at me" Whispering softly.  Pulling his face face to meet mine.  His eyes slowly dragging up to meet mine. "I'm still standing, still here" Pulling his cheeks for a soft kiss. His hands holding my cheeks gently, feather light as our lips synced together.  Heat racing down to my core as his hand swiftly ran down my sides, pulling me closer.  

Gasping in pain when my stomach pressed into his hard torso. Wincing back from our kiss, fighting tears that threatened to fall from the corners of my ducts.  His eyes shot down to my body, my hand instinctively covering my stomach gently.

His body knelt before me.  Inhaling shakily as his hands moved to the hem of my tank top.  Watching me closely as he lifted it slowly. His eyes drifting down to my soft stomach, flashes of rage his fingers skimmed my skin softly.  "I should have beat him with an inch of his life" Growling out, his breath against my skin earning goosebumps to rise.