I'm Your Fantasy Tonight (WhitRiah)

Although Christmas was a week ago, Whitney wanted to give Mariah another gift. Wanting to beat the traffic and crowd, she began her day at 6AM and was on the road by 6:15. One present turned into more including a Marilyn Monroe notebook (Mariah idolized Marilyn and loved to write); a scented candle (another one of Mariah's favorites); and M and W charms for her bracelet.

She was ready to go when a pink satin teddy caught her eye on her way to the checkout. Whitney set her shopping basket down and lifted the desirable item on the rack. She imagined Mariah wearing it, especially for her. She had to get it.

Unfortunately, they seemed to be out of Mariah's size. Feeling defeated, Whitney proceeded to the self-checkout area. She brooded as she rang her own items up.

"Whitney?" a voice called.

The sound of her name made her look up and around. They landed on a petite woman who looked around her age. Most importantly she also looked familiar.

"Janet?" Whitney guessed aloud. The other woman confirmed she was indeed Janet when she flashed her stunning smile. "My God, it sure is you. Hey girl!"

They hugged.

"I haven't seen you since the camp," Whitney said, referring to two years ago when they were counselors.

"I know," Janet agreed. "How have you been since then?"

"You know, on my grind. Modeling and music. Music and modeling." She playfully moved her head sideways, snickering some as she put her bank card in the chip holder.

"Good for you, girl. With that voice and beauty, I would hope so."

Whitney glanced at her as she started bagging her stuff. "Well, I can say the same for you, baby girl. You are beautiful as ever, and you owe me dance lessons, remember?"

Janet tilted her head in thought, smiling. "Hey, you're right. I took a break from music, but I'm slowly getting back to it. I've been working at my uncle's restaurant. It's called Appetite. You should come by." She reached into the pocket of her jacket and gave Whitney a business card.

"Food? Say no more. And you know I'm down to support black business."

They walked out of the store together.

"So, not to be nosey or nothing, but did you do like me and take advantage of the after-Christmas sales?" Janet asked.

Whitney chuckled. "I did, and it wasn't even intentional. I just wanted to get some more gifts and realized I could get them on sale. Shame how they wait until after the holiday to do this."

"Who you tellin'? But that's how they keep you coming back."

"Ain't that the truth."

"This is my car right here."

Whitney nodded. "I'll walk with you."

Janet unlocked her sports car and opened the trunk. As she placed her bags in it, baby pink clothing slid out of one of the bags. Whitney recognized it as the satin teddy she'd had her eye on.

"I see you got yourself some lingerie," Whitney commented. "Or, you know, whoever it's for."

Janet laughed. "No, you were right, it's mine. Well, it's supposed to be. But I'm not feeling it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't really wear it. I thought I'd try something different, but if we're being real..." she cupped the side of her mouth. "I prefer to be bare."

"Oh. Well okay then, Ms. Jackson. Phew."

They laughed.

"You know, it's funny 'cause I was planning on getting that same exact thing, but they didn't have the right size," Whitney mentioned.