I Only Wanted Part 2

As soon as Mariah hangs up with Whitney, she rushes to the bathroom and starts the shower. After brushing her teeth and undressing, she rapidly washes her body. When she finishes her quick shower, she slips on a top that hangs off her shoulders and a pair of lounge pants. She bends down and fluffs out her mane of brown and blonde highlights. Then she spritzes herself a few times with perfume.

Her phone softly chimes against her marble black coffee table. This means she has a text notification.

"I'm coming up now," Whitney writes, increasing Mariah's anticipation.

When Whitney stands at her door, she realizes just how much she missed the brown girl's company. Whitney's smile shines the room and fills Mariah with butterflies.

"Hey, come on in," Mariah invites.

"These are for you." Whitney gifts her with a small bouquet of flowers.

"Aw, thank you. I'm gonna put these away. Make yourself at home." Mariah takes the flowers in the kitchen and places them in a spare vase her mother had gifted her. She fills the green flower holder with water. Her eyes scope her modest, tidy kitchen and she opts to place it on her counter for now.

Whitney walks in and they lock eyes.

"Hey, thank you again," Mariah says. "They're sweet."

"They're sweet or I'm sweet?"

Mariah playfully rolls her eyes. "You heard me."

Whitney takes it well, not the least bit offended. She walks closer to the other female. "I really didn't like us beefing. You were my girl."

"I didn't like it either, but I guess I got ahead of myself. Ya could've told me about him, you know."

"I was over him when I met you. He popped back up—as niggas always do—and I fell for it like a simp." When Mariah just looks at her blankly, she has to ask, "what? You don't believe me?"

Mariah folds her arms, looking at her floor. "I mean, you didn't like me that much if it was so easy for you to entertain him."

Whitney gazes at her solemnly.

"I know we weren't together though," Mariah mentions with a shrug. "I guess I liked the kiss a little too much." She smirks at the other, earning a smile.

"The next time we kiss, I promise I'm not going anywhere."

Even though those words have an affect on Mariah she plays it cool. "And what makes you think we're gonna kiss again?"

Whitney raises her eyebrows and chuckles. She licks her lip and walks even closer towards Mariah who backs up until she's against the refrigerator.

"Smooth," Mariah's face glows with amusement. She even laughs softly.

Whitney huffs out a laugh of her own. "Hush up, you know you like it." Her long fingers hold Mariah's nape and then rake through her ringlets. She pulls back Mariah's hair until she's able to gently suck her throat. It would be an understatement to say Mariah is turned on. She moans when Whitney's mouth moves to her neck. The sound arouses Whitney and makes her suck the creamy flesh harder. She wants to leave behind a prominent mark.

Mariah grabs Whitney's hair, launching an ardent kiss between them. They don't miss a beat, eagerly exploring and indulging the other's mouth.

Taking Whitney's hands, Mariah steers her towards a chair and makes her sit on it. Whitney thought she was going to take her to the bedroom, but they have time. She wants to see what Mariah has in mind. When she reaches out to touch her, Mariah denies her with a faux stern look.