Saving all my love for you (Whitney Houston x Lisa Lopes)

Lisa logs off her laptop and sighs in relief. She's finally done with meetings. She leaves her office and takes the stairs.

"Hey," she greets her assistant, Cheryl.

"Hey, how did the meeting go?" Cheryl asks, looking up as she wipes the counter down.

"Which one?"

They laugh.

"No, but they went fine," Lisa replies. "I can't believe all these people are interested in my designs."

"Well, believe it. Your talent speaks."

Lisa smiles. "Thanks, Cher." She turns to gather what she needs to make a sandwich. When Cheryl notices the bread and meat, she offers to make it instead. "No, I got it," she declines politely. "So how was your day?"

Cheryl shrugs a little before tossing her used Lysol wipe into the trash can. "Same as always." Suddenly she gasps. "Oh, I almost forgot! Whitney called during your last meeting."

Lisa's movements come to a stop. She raises an intrigued eyebrow. "Oh, really? Did she leave a message?"

"No, she just said to call her back."

Lisa and Cheryl stare at each other. It doesn't take long for them to burst into giggles.

"Told you it'd work," Lisa remarks. "How did she sound?"

Cheryl shakes her head in amusement. "She was nice," she says, shrugging. "But I think she's like 'why is this girl sending me all these damn flowers.'"

Lisa just smirks.

"Are you gonna call her?" Cheryl asks, surprised Lisa hasn't grabbed the phone by now.

"She can wait. Let me eat first."

"Or you can do both," Cheryl points out.

Lisa shakes her head in disapproval. She'd rather not talk to the woman of her dreams with a mouthful of food.

"How about I make the sandwich for you?" Cheryl offers again. Without waiting for a yes, she starts making it.

Lisa bears a soft smile. "Thank you."

"No problem, now go call your girl." Cheryl emphasizes her words with a point of the knife.

Lisa playfully raises her hands in surrender. She collects her personal phone. Warmth fills her at the sight of Whitney's name in her missed calls.

As the phone rings, she leaves the kitchen.

"Hello," Whitney answers.

"Hey," Lisa breathes out. "I missed your call earlier."

"Yeah, I heard you were in a meeting."

"I was, but I can talk now. How are you?"

"I'm good, you? Do you have any more flowers coming?"

Lisa chuckles. "Do you want more to come?"

"No! Or, you know what, maybe I can give them away. Like my mom, aunt, you know..."

"You'd regift them...I see."

"It's sweet, but it's too much, Lisa. I feel like a florist...it's overkill."

"Overkill? Tuh, you mean romantic."

"It's not romantic, it's too much."

"Who else is sending you flowers every day?"

"...Hey now, I get flowers, but no one is crazy enough to send them every hour like you."

"Hmm. Well maybe I should find another girl to send them to. Someone who will appreciate them and not complain about a nice gesture."

"Pfft, nice gesture. You're harassing me, girl."

Lisa laughs and Whitney follows.

"I'm sorry I didn't fight hard enough for Vanessa to get off my lap."

Whitney doesn't speak.

"You and a select few children are the only ones allowed to sit there," Lisa goes on.

Whitney bursts into a laugh. "You are a fool."

"It's true. I need you to talk to me again. I need to be able to hear you, feel you, and look at you again. In person. This silent treatment is killing me. And I can't have that. I need to live for my job, my family, and my friends."

"You drama queen." But Lisa can hear the smile in her voice. "Bring your ass."

"So you do love me."

"Yes, I do."

"I love you too, baby."

"Now go get in the car."

"Okay, babe. I'll be there soon as I can."

Lisa beamingly gets off the phone. All is good in the world now.

She brushes her teeth, ignoring the sandwich she had planned to eat. When she goes downstairs, she hears some talking until it comes to an abrupt stop.

"Cheryl?" she calls.

"In the kitchen, come," she calls back.

Lisa raises an eyebrow and enters the room, she sees it is occupied by Cheryl and Whitney.

"Surprise!" the girls chorus.

"Yoooo, when did you get here? Y'all set me up?" Lisa manages after getting over her shock.

"I was already in my car at the next block but wasn't going to come until you called me back," Whitney explains. "Cheryl kept it a secret for me." She flashes her a smile. "Thanks, hun."

"No problem, I'm just glad the lovebirds are back." Cheryl grins at me.

"That was good. Y'all got me."

They laugh again.

"But I'm glad you're here," Lisa tells Whitney, pulling her close.

Whitney lays her lips on Lisa's. "I missed you," she says yearningly after sharing a kiss. "I don't wanna fight again."

Lisa notices the worry in her eyes. She calmly strokes Whitney's cheek. "I don't either, but whenever we hit a wall, let's promise to always talk it out."

She nods and they hold onto each other and kiss again, this time longer and deeper.