The Show Must Go On {18}

“Good morning,” I said to Neo.

                “Donnie’s going to rip your balls off if he sees you talking to me,” Neo said without looking up.

                “You should feel honored that I’m willing to take that risk for you,” I said. I leaned against the lockers next to him, watching him.

                “You should go before he sees you,” Neo said, glancing up at me. “He already wants to kill you.”

                “Come over after school,” I said.

                “Why? So we can fuck until neither of us can walk?” he said, raising an eyebrow.

                I shook my head. “No. I want to make you dinner. We can eat outside. It’ll be nice. And after, we can go in the hot tub,” I said. “I’ll even let you pick the music.”

                “Sounds like a plan.” He stood up and shut his locker. He peeked around before quickly kissing my cheek. “See you later, fuckboy.”

                “See you,” I said, watching him walk away to find his friends.

                I went over to where Scott was standing. He lazily glanced at me before his eyes dropped back down to his phone.

                “Who are you texting? You never text. You get too lazy to reply,” I said.

                “I’m not texting,” he said. “I’m on Tumblr. It’s way more important to me than actual human communication.”

                “Don’t you just follow a bunch of cute animal blogs?” I asked.

                “I’d rather have koalas show up on my dashboard than dicks,” he said. “There’s a reason I can actually go on Tumblr in public without needing to hide my phone from sight.”

                “Point taken,” I said. “Where’s Bennett?”

                Scott shrugged. “Do I look like his babysitter?”

                “If you were my babysitter, I would be dead,” Bennett said, coming up to us.

                “Isaac turned out just fine,” Scott said without looking up from his phone.

                “Isaac is a newt, Scott. You feed him once a day and occasionally clean his water,” Bennett said. “People are a little harder to care for than newts.”

                “Don’t devalue my newt’s worth just because he doesn’t look like you,” Scott said.

                “I’m sorry I devalued your newt,” Bennett said.

                “I’ll have to consult with Isaac before deciding if I accept your apology,” Scott said.

                “I’ll be eagerly awaiting the result. Let’s go to class,” Bennett said.

                Scott reluctantly stuffed his phone into his pocket. The three of us made our way to class as the warning bell rang.

                My mind stayed on thoughts of Neo and what we could do tonight. I could ask him what his favorite meal was during lunch and see if I could make it for dinner tonight. Maybe I could break into my parents’ champagne or wine when we went into the hot tub.