The Show Must Go On {5}

I stood in the hallway, ignoring my vibrating phone. I knew Bennett and Scott were looking for me, but I was busy right now.

                Seeing my target, I reached out, grabbing Neo’s arm as he passed me. His head snapped up and he instantly moved to bite my hand. I calmly dropped it away from his arm before he could bite it.

                “Oh. It’s you,” he grumbled.

                “Is your first instinct always to bite people?” I asked.

                “Yea.” He started to walk away, but I grabbed his arm, pulling him back.

                “Someone got in a fight,” I said, reaching out and gently running my fingers along the new bruise on his jaw.

                He winced and smacked my hand away. “Remember that little lesson on awkwardly touching people? Let’s keep that in mind, Goldilocks.”

                “Your eye looks better,” I said. His black eye was fading, just a little. It was healing to a mixture of pale yellow, blue, and purple colors.

                “Good to know you’ve taken on the role of being my personal doctor,” he said. “Can you leave me alone now?”

                “Who did you fight with?” I asked, nodding towards his jaw.

                “A kid on my block,” he grumbled. “Why do you care?”

                “Curiosity. I like to know things,” I said.

                “Breaking the ‘blondes are airheads’ stereotype, I see. Good for you, but I have friends to go meet up with,” he said.

                “You’re angry,” I said, grabbing his arm again.

                He sunk his teeth into my hand, glaring at me. I winced, but kept my hold on him, smirking.

                “Kinky,” I said.

                He moved his mouth away from my hands, making a disgusted face. “Gross. That is the last thing I want you thinking about. Leave me and my sexy time out of your thoughts.”

                “You haven’t had sex before,” I said, snickering.

                “No, I haven’t,” he confirmed. “But that doesn’t mean I want you thinking about me doing it.”

                “Donnie was pretty good,” I said.

                “WHOA HOLD IT RIGHT THERE,” Neo said, throwing his hands up. “I do not want to know about Donnie’s sex life! I don’t want to know about anyone’s sex life!”

                “How did you get the scar on your lip?” I asked.

                “Wow you change topics fast. I got punched in the mouth, obviously,” he said. “Are you done interrogating me? I want to go find my friends and stop talking to you.”

                “Go ahead,” I said, running my fingers across his arm lightly.

                He stared at me, looking caught off guard. He glared before hurrying away from me, and I smirked after him. Something told me that he wasn’t as strong as he tried to come off as.