The Show Must Go On {3}

“Hey Alexander,” Bennett said as I walked over to him in the morning.

                “Scott’s late? What a surprise,” I said, walking past Bennett. He followed me as I walked to the senior hallway and down to my locker.

                “Scott is always late. I don’t know why you even bothering counting on him to show up on time,” Bennett said.

                “Bennett, I need you,” I said, putting in my combination and pulling my locker open.

                “For?” He raised an eyebrow.

                “Find out Neo’s sexuality,” I said.

                Bennett groaned. “Seriously, Alexander? I thought you were back to Donnie!”

                “Donnie will only amuse me for a few days,” I said. “Find out his sexuality.”

                “I’m not going to be able to talk you out of this, huh?” he said with a sigh.

                “Not a chance. Get to it,” I said.

                Bennett nodded and walked away from me. I shut my locker and went out to the main lobby, crossing my arms and waiting impatiently for Scott.

                “You’re always late,” I said as he appeared a few minutes later.

                “I hit snooze too many times,” he said, rubbing his eyes.

                “Whatever. Come on,” I said, walking back towards the senior hallway.

                “Where’s Bennett?” he asked, catching up to me.

                “He’s doing some research for me,” I said.

                “Ah,” Scott said. “New target. Can’t wait to see this one play out.”

                “It’s definitely going to be interesting,” I said.

                Scott stopped at his locker, putting in his combination. I looked around the hallway but saw no sign of Donnie or Neo.

                The warning bell rang and Scott shut his locker. “Shit, I was later than I thought,” he said, running a hand through his lazily combed hair.

                “Get your ass out of bed on time,” I said, walking towards my class. “I’ll see you in lunch.”

                “Yea, see you later Alexander,” he said, also heading to class.

                The day seemed to drag on painfully slow until at last the bell for lunch rang. I jumped up and hurried out of the classroom and down to my locker, tossing my books in there and grabbing my lunch.

                I went to our usual table and sat down, waiting impatiently for Bennett and Scott. Scott came in as the late bell rang, sitting down at the table.

                “Where the hell is Bennett?” I demanded impatiently.

                “How should I know?” He raised an eyebrow.

                I looked around, but didn’t spot Bennett anywhere. I was going to kill that asshole if he didn’t show up to lunch.