The Show Must Go On {13}

***Neo’s POV***

                “Neo.”

                I squeezed my eyes shut tighter, pressing my face against the comfortable thing it was resting on. Someone shook me and I let out a growl.

                “Neo, wake up.”

                “Hiss hiss grrrr,” I replied, not opening my eyes.

                “Neo, you have to go home. It’s getting late.”

                I forced my eyes open as I finally realized that it was Alexander talking to me. My face was buried against his chest and he had an arm around me, the other resting on my shoulder to shake me again.

                “Don’t shake me or I’ll bite your hand off,” I grumbled sleepily.

                He sat up, pulling me with him. “Come on, wake up,” he said.

                “I’m awake!” I said, rubbing my eyes. “How long did I sleep for?”

                “An hour. I told you I’d wake you up after an hour,” he said.

                “A man of his word,” I said, looking around the room. “Where’s the cat?”

                “The cat has a name,” he said.

                “Cat,” I called. “Cat, come hither.”

                “Vesper is probably in the kitchen searching for food,” Alexander said. “I have to feed him and Link. I was afraid if I got up, it’d wake you.”

                “Well, isn’t my boyfriend so thoughtful,” I said, and paused, my words registering in my brain.

                Huh, this was really happening. I was really dating Alexander Sullivan, the biggest fuckboy of the century. The guy who had shattered Donnie’s heart without a second thought to it.

                I had hated Alexander before I’d even met him. Hated him with a passion before he’d even broken Donnie’s heart. I had heard the stories about Alexander and what he did. I had warned Donnie not to get involved with Alexander, but Donnie had done it anyways. And Alexander had slowly drawn Donnie away from me and Clifton. Then one day Donnie called me sobbing, saying Alexander was done with him, and despite Donnie ditching me for his relationship, I had driven right over to his house and helped him through the night.

                And watching him cry like that, so broken hearted and miserable, my hate for Alexander had grown even more. Watching Donnie try to get the whore back had made me sick inside.

                I had kept asking Donnie why. Why would he want to get back with someone so awful? Someone who had broken his heart so carelessly? Someone who had a trail of broken hearts following him?

                Donnie had told me that Alexander was different than people made him out to be. That he wasn’t some spoiled, heartless bastard. He had told me that Alexander had a human side that had drawn Donnie in and made him fall in love.

                And that’s what I was finally realizing these past few days. Alexander did have a human side. And based on what Donnie had told me, I was seeing more of it than even Donnie had.