The Show Must Go On {1}

There were few things I enjoyed more in the world than having complete control over a situation.

                “Alexander, please, the least you can do is give me an explanation!” Christian cried.

                “Why would I do that?” I asked, smirking.

                “You broke up with me over a damn text message!” Christian said. There was a mixture of anger, pain, and desperation in his eyes.

                “Because you weren’t worth the effort of doing it in person,” I said with a shrug.

                He winced. “Alexander, why are you doing this? I thought you were happy with me!”

                “I’m bored of our relationship, Christian. So, I ended it. Don’t bother me anymore,” I said, my smirk growing. I turned and walked away from him, not bothering a glance back.

                I walked down the hallway and over to my best friend, Bennett. He shut his locker and turned to face me, raising an eyebrow.

                “Did Christian bother you yet?” he asked.

                “Obviously. I handled it,” I said.

                “I figured you would. I hope he isn’t one of the super clingy ones who doesn’t get the point,” Bennett said with an annoyed sigh.

                “If he is, I’ll make him get the point,” I said, the smirk returning to my face at the thought of Christian’s expression.

                “So, you going to find a new guy anytime soon?” he asked as we started walking down the hallway.

                I shrugged. “Maybe. If I get bored again, I guess I will. In the meantime, I’ll amuse myself in other ways.”

                Bennett snickered. “Of course you will, Alexander. Let’s go find Scott.”

                The two of us began to walk down the hallway. My eyes swept the hallway, searching for any of the pathetic idiots that I usually used to amuse myself.

                I got bored very quickly and very easily. I was constantly looking for new ways to entertain myself, and I found that the worthless losers that populated the high school were a great source of amusement.

                A few kids watched me nervously, some barely noticed I was there, and others gave me appreciative looks. I was well aware that I was attractive, so the lingering glances didn’t surprise me at all.

                “Where the hell is Scott?” Bennett said with a sigh as we left the hallway, walking out into the main lobby of the school.

                “Scott is right here,” Scott said, coming over to us. “Sorry, hit a few red lights on the way here. Alexander, did you dump that Christopher kid yet?”

                “Christian,” I said. “Not that his name matters anymore.”

                “I’ll take that as a yes,” he said.

                “The relationship was going on way too long,” I said, hooking my thumbs in my pockets and looking around.

                Bennett snickered. “Oh, please, Alexander. If it goes on for more than a week you think it’s gone on too long.”