Deku is Apparently His Name Now

Deku was his new name.

Izuku was so excited to tell his best friend that he could talk to ghosts! How useful would that be?! He could gather information from the dead if the living couldn't help. He thought it was going to be great.

But Kacchan didn't think that way.

Kacchan thought he was lying to him. But there was no way to actually prove it to him. When he said that he talked to a nice girl on the roof, Kacchan scoffed and claimed he was making it up or he created an imaginary friend.

In school, Izuku was being called a liar. People teased him about his fake quirk if it was even real and others ignored his presence like he was the ghost. Outside school, he was a fake to the person he considered his only friend. He got beat up those times, especially when he tried to put a stop to him trying to do that to others. Afterwards, he made some ghostly friends in the park who were concerned about the situation. He visited them each day and listened to their stories of what their life was, back when they were alive.

*

'Are you going to tell your mother or should I?' His father asked from behind his desk. His ghostly eyes trained into the back of Bakugo's spiky hair.

Izuku subtly shook his head at his father. Ever since his quirk was discovered, Izuku found out that certain ghosts have tethers to the world.

Ghosts could have tethers to what kept them happy, to their family to protect them, to keep a promise that they made when they were alive, and etc. He didn't know the rest of them since he had only had his quirk for about a week now.

Right now, his father had a tether of protection on both him and his mother. Hisashi had promised that he would make sure he would do anything it took to protect his family because he loved them. And now he could watch over them each day until they both joined him in the afterlife.

He didn't know much about ghosts, but soon he would eventually figure it out with the help of his quirk. He started to write in a journal about things he found out about his quirk. And in another he wrote down his favorite pro heroes and what their quirks are. His father said he suspected his hobby would last a long while.

With another insult from Bakugo at lunch, his ghostly father decided he had enough.

'Screw this! I am going to give that Katsuki a piece of my dead mind!' His father snapped before floating quickly towards the blonde.

"Dad—," Izuku started to say with his hands outstretched towards his ghost dad. But it was too late for any interruption because his father had a plan.

Hisashi, oh so awesomely, picked up Katsuki's lunch tray and...

Dumped it all over the young boy.

'Yeah,' Izuku thought to himself as he watched the blonde quickly turn red with anger, 'I better start running.' Izuku quickly hid between the two vending machines in the lunchroom

"DEKU!" Kacchan shouted before hurrying to where he last saw the green haired nerd.

"Why are you blaming it on me?" He said to himself as he watched Bakugi race by his hiding spot. Thank god he decided to hide before he turned around.

'Wasn't that hilarious?' His father questioned between bouts of laughter when he waltzed right over to his hidden son.

"Funny." Izuku replied to his ghostly father right before the lunch bell rang, signaling the end of lunchtime.

*

"Deku." An angry voice stated from in front of him.

"Not my name, but yes?" Izuku mumbled to himself before facing the blonde

Bakugo narrowed his eyes at him, "You were the one who dumped my lunch on me, weren't you?"

"No, that was my dad." Izuku retorted, plucking a pencil out of his pencil case.

"That's a load of bull! Your dad is dead! He couldn't do that," Bakugo argued back to him. Izuku let him have the last word before the teacher started the last lesson. He was lucky that Bakugo didn't try to report him to the headmaster.

After school, Izuku made sure to rush out before Bakugo could lay a hand on him. His father right behind him, following his son's footsteps.

Izuku made it all the way to Dagobah beach with his father following right behind him. He breathed out many times before straightening up.

"I think we are okay. You can tether yourself to mom now. I'll go talk to my friends in the park."

'Are you sure buddy? I can always walk you home, it's no problem for me. I don't have anywhere to rush to!' Hisashi exclaimed, making a Izuku giggle at his father's insistence.

"I'll be okay, home isn't that far away."

"Alright, but I'm coming back if I feel like you are in danger. I may not be dead on the outside, but I'm alive in the inside!' Hisashi commented before slowly vanishing to go watch over his mother.

Izuku smiled, walking to his favorite place in the park near his home. He couldn't wait to talk to the others today. Maybe Miss. Banamufin can talk about her cats again, Izuku wants to hear more about Mr. Whiskers.

When he got to the place, he noticed a new face alone on an old metal bench covered in rust.

"Hello, Ma'am," Izuku greeted the old woman.

The old woman turned to him in mild shock, "You can see me?"

"I can hear you too. My quirk allows me to talk to other like you."

"Oh, that's wonderful, young man.i was beginning to think I would pass on alone with no one to watch with me."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm about to pass on to another life today. I wished before I died that I could watch the sunset each day until my husband joined me in the same spot where we had our first kiss."

"That sounds romantic."

"It was for me. After this last sunset, I will be reunited with him in our own little paradise."

"That sounds amazing, Mrs.."

"Mrs. Amari. and you are?"

"Midoriya Izuku."

"Oh, what a lovely name. Say would you join me in watching my last sunset?"

Izuku smiled gently at the ghost, "I would love to."

Slowly, he hopped up onto the old bench right next to the ghost as he watched the sky fades from blue to orange.

The sunset seemed to be closer than usual, but that didn't really matter. They talked as if she were his own grandmother, and he was her grandson. It wasn't until she recognized that the sun would set very soon that she then turned to him quickly with a huge grin on her face.

Mrs. Amari looked at him withhidden excitement, "For many years, I kept a family recipe for many years, but I want you to know my special cookie recipe. My daughter knows the recipe, but doesn't use it to bake since, let's be honest, she was very terrible at it. Would you allow me my last wish to pass on my recipe to you?"

"Yes! I would love that!" Izuku responded very happily.

*

It was a long time before Izuku walked into his door with his worried mother pacing in the living room.

"Izuku! Where have you been? Are you alright?" Inko asked worriedly to the somber child.

"I'm fine, mom. I met a friend today who gave me a recipe for cookies."

"Oh? What's their name?"

He sniffed before looking toward the window with the fading orange being covered with the blue of the night. "Her names was Mrs. Amari."

Izuku looked back to his mom with a small smile, "Can you help me make some cookies?"