Aftermath

Izuku waved to many spirits who were fading away into the sky after fulfilling their revenge against K. Some spirits just waved back to him before floating back to where they came from. Jun gave the biggest farewell of all before finally fading away with the others.

The body of the Nomu slumped down to the ground. But before he could go down with it, his father and Nana's spirit picked him up to float him down. Red rushed her spirit over to her two sons since the danger was taken care of.

With that, his legs could 't hold him up anymore from the exhaustion that came at him full force. Izuku knelt on the street in front of the fallen body of the K Nomu. He twisted around to stare up at the cloudy sky to take a deep breath in.

Midoriya turned his head to see Bakugo had fallen asleep on one of the ambulance's gurneys with two EMTs looking over him. His mother was talking to the police, but he was too far away to hear exactly what they were saying. It was something about a kitchen and legal use.

"Dad?" Izuku asked, looking back towards the cloudy sky, trying to focus on his father's figure hovering above him.

"Hey there, kiddo," Hisashi greeted with a relaxed smile on his face, staring down at his tried son.

Izuku blinked several times trying to fight off the drowsiness, "Did I do good?"

Izuku could feel his father's hand ghosting over his curls, "You did great, son."

"That's nice," Izuku hummed with a small grin on his face. He peeked his eye open to look at his father's face, "I made you proud?"

"Yes, I'm very proud of who you grew up to be and what you have done," Hisashi answered back, brushing his hand over his hair again. Izuku wanted to lean into his hand right as he noticed several figures rushing over to his body, "Izuku, you can rest now. You must be feeling exhausted from it all."

"M'kay," Izuku mumbled, letting his eyes shut, hearing voices call out to him before he slipped into unconsciousness.

*

When Izuku woke up, the nurse next to him called for the doctor right away. He squinted his eyes from the hospital room's lighting. The nurse noticed his discomfort so he turned down the brightness to be dimmer to allow his eyes more comfort to adjust to the set.

He turned his head to see Bakugo in a separate bed next to him, sleeping under the light covers of the hospital bed.

When the doctor came into the room, he explained the situation. His extreme quirk exhaustion made him go into a week-long coma to regain all his energy that he used during the attack. Izuku thanked both him and the nurse before his mother came rushing into the room with another nurse as her guide.

Their reunion was tearful of course because the Midoriya tears never failed to flood any room they were in. His mother was so thankful that he was getting better as the doctor ran multiple tests on him to make sure everything was going well.

His mother stayed with him as the doctor wanted results from different labs. After one hour or so, Izuku received news that he would be alright to get out of the hospital as early as the day after the next. They just wanted to monitor to make sure he got all of his energy back.

It all felt like a blur. And he finally became aware that his mother and the hospital staff were no longer in the room with him. With a sigh, he relaxed back into the hospital pillows.

"Hey, nerd."

"WOAH," Izuku jumped back further into the pillows when he heard Bakugo's voice out of nowhere. He turned to see that Bakugo was now awake with his arms and chest wrapped up in gauze bandages. "You scared me."